PDA

View Full Version : Completely New to this

svea
09-01-2007, 02:08 AM
I just downloaded the game and I don't know anything about D&D. What's the best way to go about learning what I need to know?

Ghoste
09-01-2007, 02:31 AM
The forums are a great start. Go into the game, make a new character and start playing the beginner stuff. The beginner stuff around the Rook's Gambit tavern will teach you the basic mechanics.

Character creation is way more involved than any other MMO out there. Go through the class sections of the forums and look through all the good builds for ideas.

Joining a guild right away can be tempting for a new player, but I would suggest holding back at first. Get a pretty good idea of what the good ones are on your server. Try to find a cozy feeling guild that emphasizes group play and people that get along together. A guild like that will do a lot to help you get up and going smoothly.

tihocan
09-01-2007, 11:18 AM
You can also browse the website in my signature.

KoboldKiller
09-01-2007, 11:20 AM
If your on Argonnessen look me up and I will try to help. my alts are in my sig below.

smodge13
09-03-2007, 06:58 AM
well you came to the forums, thats a good start, when you create a char feel free to play around a little, i'd suggest sticking with 1 class and not "multiclassing" (in ddo you can gain the abilities of multiple classes at the same time, making it quite different from your standard game) until you learn a bit more about the mechanics.

character.
personally, i'd suggest either a wizard a fighter or a cleric, all 3 of these classes are pretty generic and are almost always useful so long as you remember key things

Wizard: keep your intelligence high, you dont have to max it but it can help.
Cleric: keep your wisdom high, same as wizard dont need to max.
Fighter: keep str/con high and a bit in dex/wis never hurts

essentially these 3 classes are the core types and are fairly easy to play around with, ddo has a complex leveling system, fighter is probably the best of those 3 because it is equipment reliant, so even with a bad build, it will still be powerful in the long run.

best thing to do is talk to people and ask around, ddo has a great community and alot are glad to help those who ask.

peavey
09-03-2007, 07:04 AM
if you are planning to play on Sarlona I will be glas to help my alts names are in my sig look me up in game if you have any specific questions.

Good Luck and Happy Hunting!

Guildmaster_Kadish
09-03-2007, 07:00 PM
I just downloaded the game and I don't know anything about D&D. What's the best way to go about learning what I need to know?

The other posters have given some great information (I would highly suggest browsing DDOWiki if you're feeling lost--it has a lot of good information).

So, just out of curiosity, which server are you playing on/which server do you plan to play on? If you happen to have chosen Khyber, you can always look me up and I'll be more than willing to help ya out.

Master Kadish
aka Allanon, Keres, and Naturalis