PDA

View Full Version : Rougish Bard

teddok
08-31-2007, 07:31 AM
I have been fooling around for a while with various rouge build and I landed on this one. It looks alright to me but I want your input. Sound Back and let me know what you all think of it.

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.70
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

Level 14 Chaotic Good Human Male
(2 Rogue \ 12 Bard)
Hit Points: 104
Spell Points: 449
BAB: 10\10\15\20
Fortitude: 4
Reflex: 13
Will: 8

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Abilities Base Stats Modified Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 10 10
Dexterity 14 14
Constitution 10 10
Intelligence 16 20
Wisdom 10 10
Charisma 16 18

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 6 8
Bluff 3 4
Concentration 2 8
Diplomacy 3 4
Disable Device 7 30
Haggle 7 21
Heal 0 0
Hide 2 2
Intimidate 3 4
Jump 4 6
Listen 4 8
Move Silently 2 2
Open Lock 6 16
Perform n/a 22
Repair 3 5
Search 7 28
Spot 4 12
Swim 4 5
Tumble 6 9
Use Magic Device 7 24

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Search
Feat: (Human Bonus) Skill Focus: Use Magic Device

Level 2 (Bard)

Level 3 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Skill Focus: Disable Device

Level 4 (Bard)

Level 5 (Bard)

Level 6 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Level 7 (Bard)

Level 8 (Bard)

Level 9 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Heighten Spell

Level 10 (Bard)

Level 11 (Bard)

Level 12 (Bard)
Feat: (Selected) Nimble Fingers

Level 13 (Bard)

Level 14 (Bard)
Enhancement: Rogue Skill Boost I
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song I
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song II
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song III
Enhancement: Bard Extra Song IV
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Attack II
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Bravery I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage I
Enhancement: Bard Inspired Damage II
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song I
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song II
Enhancement: Bard Lingering Song III
Enhancement: Bard Music of Makers
Enhancement: Bard Music of the Dead
Enhancement: Human Adaptability Intelligence I
Enhancement: Rogue Disable Device I
Enhancement: Rogue Open Lock I
Enhancement: Bard Perform I
Enhancement: Bard Perform II
Enhancement: Rogue Search I
Enhancement: Rogue Spot I
Enhancement: Bard Song Magic I
Enhancement: Bard Song Magic II
Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music I
Enhancement: Bard Energy of the Music II
Enhancement: Bard Charisma I
Enhancement: Bard Charisma II
Enhancement: Virtuoso

EinarMal
08-31-2007, 07:49 AM
I personally would go spellsinger over virtuoso. I think it is much better, 100 sp and +2 UMD is better than more songs not to mention the +1 to spell DC. Virtuoso seems like a waste in my opinion it is like the "Dragon mark" of Bard enhancements.

I would check your trap/search skill levels and see if you really need all of those feats for rogue skills. I don't think that you do and those feats would be better spent on MT, SF UMD, SF Enchantment etc...

Did you put all your level ups into Int? I would put them in charisma instead so you will be better at CC casting. Skip haggle and make a haggle mule out of another character.

Trap skills are ok but not the end of the world, it is nice to be able to fill that role but this seems too skewed to "trap monkey" to me. I think you should focus more on the Bard side of things and shoot for very good rogue skills instead of super high rogue skills.

If traps were more critical in this game it would be fine, but they aren't really. Don't get me wrong it is nice to incorporate them into the build and they are handy, but in my opinion you are focusing way to much on ultra high search/disable at the expense of other things.

teddok
08-31-2007, 07:59 AM
I do have another Bard that is a Spell Singer. He is also my haggle bot too. I think your right though about the haggle. I my goal with this biuld is to build a rouge that can takle the traps at end game. I know it seems a little weird maxing out the INT but i thought it might be good for Search and DD. I think that i might wework the enchancments and take spellsinger. Not sure yet. I was also looking at warchanter but i really cant justify it with this build. Still trying to come up with the perfect build for that one. Alright i will keep chugging.

Keep those sugesttions coming.

EinarMal
08-31-2007, 09:20 AM
I do have another Bard that is a Spell Singer. He is also my haggle bot too. I think your right though about the haggle. I my goal with this biuld is to build a rouge that can takle the traps at end game. I know it seems a little weird maxing out the INT but i thought it might be good for Search and DD. I think that i might wework the enchancments and take spellsinger. Not sure yet. I was also looking at warchanter but i really cant justify it with this build. Still trying to come up with the perfect build for that one. Alright i will keep chugging.

Keep those sugesttions coming.

Yeah I get what you are saying I would just double check the skill levels that you can hit and compare them to high water marks.

To me if you can hit ~45 search and ~50 disable that is enough for most all traps. I would think you could hit those without maxxing int and taking all of those feats.

So take a base int of even 16 (no level ups) with a +6 item that would give you 22 Int or a +6 modifier.

Search:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +1 (Enh) = 43

Disable:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +7(Tools) +1(Enh) = 50

That is pretty close to where you need to be without putting any level ups into Int and no feats spent. Personally if you went Drow it might be a better choice as that gets you better search.

Drow
Search:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +3(Enh) +2(Drow)=47

If you went drow you could avoid spending any feats on search/disable and also not put any level ups into Int. You would want to spread out your Rogue levels more so you can get better ending skill levels.

teddok
08-31-2007, 09:27 AM
Yeah I get what you are saying I would just double check the skill levels that you can hit and compare them to high water marks.

To me if you can hit ~45 search and ~50 disable that is enough for most all traps. I would think you could hit those without maxxing int and taking all of those feats.

So take a base int of even 16 (no level ups) with a +6 item that would give you 22 Int or a +6 modifier.

Search:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +1 (Enh) = 43

Disable:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +7(Tools) +1(Enh) = 50

That is pretty close to where you need to be without putting any level ups into Int and no feats spent. Personally if you went Drow it might be a better choice as that gets you better search.

Drow
Search:
17(Ranks) +6(Int) +4(GH) +2(Boost) +13(Item) +3(Enh) +2(Drow)=47

If you went drow you could avoid spending any feats on search/disable and also not put any level ups into Int. You would want to spread out your Rogue levels more so you can get better ending skill levels.

The Plus 6 int item only gives you +3 to the skills.
But i see what you are saying.

I like humans though for the free feat and the Skill point, but i will looking into other races.

EinarMal
08-31-2007, 09:35 AM
The Plus 6 int item only gives you +3 to the skills.
But i see what you are saying.

I like humans though for the free feat and the Skill point, but i will looking into other races.

The +6 from Int is from your entire Int modifier 16(Base) +6(Item) = 22 which gives you a +6 bonus to search/disable.

teddok
08-31-2007, 09:41 AM
Ahhh ok. Makes sense. though you were just talking about the Item itself.