PDA

View Full Version : Help, I Broke My Ie!

Mad_Bombardier
08-30-2007, 12:49 PM
For anyone more user-trained than myself. I seem to have changed the font/size of all text on my IE browser. I was not playing with any settings, and probably hit some key combination. Can anyone help me reset to default? Thanks in advance!

cdbd3rd
08-30-2007, 12:52 PM
For anyone more user-trained than myself. I seem to have changed the font/size of all text on my IE browser. I was not playing with any settings, and probably hit some key combination. Can anyone help me reset to default? Thanks in advance!

I'll take a shot at it:

Under 'View', there's a listing for 'Text Size'...
See if that gets ya back where ya belong.

Rowanheal
08-30-2007, 12:54 PM
In IE 7, the text size option is under "page"

That's about as techy as I get MadB you're on your own hunny...

See ya in Stormreach,

-R

cdbd3rd
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I appreciate the ideas. I have tried View>Text Size and Tools>Internet Options>Font. Neither has worked. My IE is all giant font and bloated.

But, it was definitely a 1 finger slip when copy/pasting (ctrl-c/v) that caused it. :(

K. Did figure you were past those, but started low. :o
Still playing around to see what I can come up with.

Rowanheal
08-30-2007, 12:55 PM
I can make all of the internet into my fav font...

How how how

Oh...ummm... really glad you got it fixed MadB :)

-R

Mad_Bombardier
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM
I appreciate the ideas. I have tried View>Text Size and Tools>Internet Options>Font. Neither has worked. My IE is all giant font and bloated.

But, it was definitely a 1 finger slip when copy/pasting (ctrl-c/v) that caused it. :(

MasterofDungeons
08-30-2007, 12:56 PM

Not sure of IE but many browsers resize text if you hold control and use a scroll wheel.

Mad_Bombardier
08-30-2007, 12:57 PM
Not sure of IE but many browsers resize text if you hold control and use a scroll wheel.Bingo! Thank you soo much! :D /sigh of relief.

(Still not sure why it changed to Comic Sans. But that I could manually change back to Arial.)

cdbd3rd
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Still not sure why it changed to comic sans.

Cool.
As for the font, what more appropriate for the forums of late?:D

MeNorel
08-30-2007, 12:58 PM
Check the Acceibility options in the start menu and make sure they are all as they should be.

ehondajim
08-30-2007, 01:10 PM
Mad I found this similar problem and solution on accident. Does you mouse have a scroll wheel. Do you use ctrl+ whatever. If the answer to both those questions is yes. Hold CTRL and scroll your mouse wheel down. See if that does not move the screen "zoom" back

Mad_Bombardier
08-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Yup ehonda, MasterofDungeons got me squared away. Thanks for the fast help everyone!

P.S. I always think of Punchout's 'Piston Honda' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_Honda#Piston_Honda) when I see ehonda post. Wouldn't that be a fun face to use as your avatar? :D

Cupcake
08-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Yup ehonda, MasterofDungeons got me squared away. Thanks for the fast help everyone!

P.S. I always think of Punchout's 'Piston Honda' (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piston_Honda#Piston_Honda) when I see ehonda post. Wouldn't that be a fun face to use as your avatar? :D

Oh good lord I remember him LOL

ehondajim
08-30-2007, 02:30 PM
Supposed to be more like E-Honda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Honda) from Street Fighter

Mad_Bombardier
08-30-2007, 02:32 PM
Supposed to be more like E-Honda (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/E._Honda) from Street FighterYeah, but I'm old, ya see. ;)

ehondajim
08-30-2007, 02:35 PM
Yeah, but I'm old, ya see. ;)

I remember him too but I was more of a Street Fighter guy. So you and that old.

dragnmoon
08-30-2007, 02:40 PM
Cool.
As for the font, what more appropriate for the forums of late?:D

Hmmm from all the hate we have been seeing of late... I would say an Invisible Font would be perfect.. :D:rolleyes:;):p

The_Cataclysm
08-30-2007, 09:44 PM
The answer to all your IE problems are quite simple. Get Firefox. Problem solved. ;)

Mad_Bombardier
08-31-2007, 09:42 AM
The answer to all your IE problems are quite simple. Get Firefox. Problem solved. ;)
:D Thanks Cat...

Gypsy_Mouse
08-31-2007, 04:02 PM

That fixed all my problems ages ago. I fully support this suggestion. :cool:

In_Like_Flynn
09-05-2007, 03:26 PM
The answer to all your IE problems are quite simple. Get Firefox and another GB of RAM. Problem solved. ;)Corrected it for you. Firefox is bloatware.