PDA

View Full Version : Reducing agro and backstab bonus questions

DareDelvis
08-30-2007, 09:35 AM
1. Does the treason effect from, er Treason, stack with the subtle backstabber enhancement? I would suspect that it does like other enhancements (arcane/divine spells) stack with weapon effects.

2. Does backstab bonus from weapons, enhancements and backstabebr gloves stack? Again, my guess, is that enhancement and the GREATER bonus from weapon or item stacks (not both).

I ask this becasue I just picked upi Treason and am trying to determine if it is worth using...if it is worth using with backstabber gloves.

I have plenty of other DPS and big 5 weapons...just asking about Treason.

Thanks in advance,
DD

Snike
08-30-2007, 09:50 AM
Enhancements and Items stack.

Items and Items do not.

Roguewiz
08-30-2007, 10:54 AM
1. Does the treason effect from, er Treason, stack with the subtle backstabber enhancement? I would suspect that it does like other enhancements (arcane/divine spells) stack with weapon effects.

2. Does backstab bonus from weapons, enhancements and backstabebr gloves stack? Again, my guess, is that enhancement and the GREATER bonus from weapon or item stacks (not both).

I ask this becasue I just picked upi Treason and am trying to determine if it is worth using...if it is worth using with backstabber gloves.

I have plenty of other DPS and big 5 weapons...just asking about Treason.

Thanks in advance,
DD

As stated, Enhancement and items stack

If the Gloves > the bonus from the weapon, then you get the bonus for the Gloves, and Vise versa

SableShadow
08-30-2007, 10:43 PM
Doesn't stack with the gloves (had a set, sold 'em once I got a Treason), does stack w/ SB/Acc/TRN.

Biggest advantage is deception + backstab on the same item; I'm a big deception advocate for itwf pure or near pure rogues, to get the number of hits to get Deception to fire quickly and the Sneak Attack dice to make Deception worthwhile. Put a +5 something rapier of deception in your main hand, Treason in your off hand and try it for a week.

Right now I'm running around with Acc III and SB IV, Treason in the offhand and a +5 Shock Rapier of Deception in the main, and a stack of Haste potions for when I don't have a caster's Haste. The agro reducer does seem to make a difference, but it isn't huge compared to SB IV (I guess the total comes up to ~50% reduction, enhance + Treason).

Once you get used to being able to go into overdrive once you see Deception fire, I think you'll like it.

Agarwaen
09-25-2007, 07:08 AM
Does anyone know the actual numbers behind Deception's "small chance of enveloping the target in darkness"? Only on a 20, only on a crit, or whatever?