PDA

View Full Version : Why my next character is going to be a pure fighter

cridus
08-28-2007, 08:26 PM
I absolutely love my cleric, and when he finally hits the cap and 1750 favor he is going to be retired except for guild stuff and whenever level caps go up.

But my next character is going to be a fighter, why?? It's not becuase I'm going to be able to make a ton of money, I gotta repair my weapons, its not because I want to see another cleric healing the heck out of me blowing wands and SP on me. Why you ask?? ( well you never asked but I'm posting it anyways lol) There is 2 reasons.

1. I want to get a top kill count once in a party. I've run many where I get less than 10 kills.

and 2. I want to see more of the game then those bloody 6 red bars.

I want to run down a dungeon and look over the level design, experience the creepy atmosphere, but currently way too busy staring at those 6 red lines.

This is a fantastic game, but so far the graphics are nicely animated buffs then red lines lol. Oh and don't forget looking at the blue dots on the map to figure out where that wandering party member who is getting smacked around when the only message I get is "so&so is blocked"

Blazer
08-29-2007, 01:15 AM
Sorry to say, if you want to lead in killcount, make a barbarian instead. Maybe a sorc. Skip the fighter class. :)

As the cleric, you are the brakes of the party. If the group is rushing around, taking so much damage that all you're doing is watching red bars, tell them that a new tactic is needed. Alternatively, try some offensive spells like Greater Command/Slay Living/Destruction. Throw a symbol spell or two around. There is more than just casting heals/cures to a cleric, but you have to make the effort to change it.

Just my 2 cents from someone who has been playing a cleric since Mod 1 and likes it still. :)

apollojuly
08-29-2007, 08:34 AM
After capping two clerics I have rolled a fighter (now at level 12) for some of the same reasons.

I was looking forward to being waited on hand and foot by some other cleric, but I find myself with multiple hotbars of cure potions, resist potions, remove curse, remove blindness, lessor restoration etc. I also keep half of one of my five backpacks full of CSW wands and other scrolls to hand out for the long quests.

And it's still instinctually to point my mouse towards a restoration scroll icon to double click when I hear "3 negative levels" on voice chat or to hot key a remove curse spell for some sap in the marketplace with a curse icon over his head.

Old habits die hard.

Grenfell
08-29-2007, 08:39 AM
1. I want to get a top kill count once in a party. I've run many where I get less than 10 kills.

Do yourself a favor then.

Roll either a Barbarian or a extreme-fighting-focused Battlecleric. If you become one of those hated "My SP's are for killing, not healing" battle clerics, you can keep up with all of the fighters, spank all of the paladins, and still lay down the nasty with Destruction, Cometfall, Blade Barrier and such.

/gren

Kalanth
08-29-2007, 08:45 AM
I retired my cleric just because I was tired of being a cleric. But after reading about the Bladesworn Transformation in the warforged section I have decided that I am going to be rolling up a character to take advantage of that. Either Barbarian 3 / Cleric 11, or Paladin 3 / Cleric 11. I have not decided yet.

Ringos
08-29-2007, 10:16 AM
I've tried being a straight fighter, but I didn't like it. I played a couple of Pali up to level 6 or so, and I liked them much better. I've also got a 'Battle Cleric' (9 Cleric/1 Fighter) that I love to play. The most fun I've had killin' though is with my Ranger/Rogue. I've built him to dual-wield dwarven axes and he usually leads in kills.

parvo
08-30-2007, 04:33 PM
I absolutely love my cleric, and when he finally hits the cap and 1750 favor he is going to be retired except for guild stuff and whenever level caps go up.

But my next character is going to be a fighter, why?? It's not becuase I'm going to be able to make a ton of money, I gotta repair my weapons, its not because I want to see another cleric healing the heck out of me blowing wands and SP on me. Why you ask?? ( well you never asked but I'm posting it anyways lol) There is 2 reasons.

and 2. I want to see more of the game then those bloody 6 red bars.

I want to run down a dungeon and look over the level design, experience the creepy atmosphere, but currently way too busy staring at those 6 red lines.

This is a fantastic game, but so far the graphics are nicely animated buffs then red lines lol. Oh and don't forget looking at the blue dots on the map to figure out where that wandering party member who is getting smacked around when the only message I get is "so&so is blocked"

Join a Permadeath guild. You'll see stormreach in a whole new light.

Arnya
08-30-2007, 04:49 PM
I run four clerics and a couple multiclasses.

I like being healer

I hate being mother

I hate being broke. Got excited when I got 50kpp total all my toons...

Then you get asked to raise someone at lower level and have to decline due to lack of funds. Watch the party break up when the quest is over... no recompense no replacement wands or scrolls.

I think you should have to get 400 favour with a cleric to unlock the other classes.

Maybe there would be less dead (anti)-tanks in my groups...

cridus
08-31-2007, 08:32 PM
jokes and sarcasm I guess are totally lost on these forums