PDA

View Full Version : I made a Healbot - How does it look?

Dariuss
08-28-2007, 05:41 PM
Not re-inventing any wheels here:

I planned out a Dwarven Cleric who is made to be a straight healbot (hang out at the back, heal well, have some DVs, etc). He'll also have some decent HP, and a good armor class with Full Plate and Shield.

Just wondering if there are any glaring holes.

thanks in advance!

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.35
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)

healbot mcgee
Level 12 True Neutral Dwarf Male
(12 Cleric)
Hit Points: 178 (+whatever from items)
Spell Points: 741 (+whatever from items)
BAB: 9\9\14
Fortitude: 12
Reflex: 3
Will: 16

Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 12)
Strength 12 12
Dexterity 8 8
Constitution 17 18(+4 item=22)
Intelligence 8 8
Wisdom 17 23(+1 tome +6 item=30)
Charisma 9 10(+4 item=14)

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality I

Level 2 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning I

Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Extra Turning
Enhancement: Dwarven Constitution I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I

Level 4 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Charisma I
Enhancement: Cleric Extra Turning II

Level 5 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Dwarven Faith II
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I

Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality II

Level 7 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life II
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic III

Level 8 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II

Level 9 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot III

Level 10 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic IV

Level 11 (Cleric)
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Vitality III

Level 12 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Iron Will
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom III

Blazer
08-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Just curious, if you're going healbot mode, why dwarf? Why not human or drow?

Hafeal
08-28-2007, 05:54 PM
1. Why true neutral? I think you'll better served with another alignment in terms of item availability. This is true of almost every class.

2. Your con is way to high, you have a wasted point there which could be used in say Charisma... why not 15, boosted to 16 with your Dwarven enhancement later ... The hit point difference won't kill you. With my main a 14th level Dwarven cleric I can attest to it.

3. And you set a 9 Charisma and then waste an enhancement for a +1 later? What's the point? Better off taking the number at the beginning (off constitution)

4. You seem to missing enhancements. Why did you stop at level 12?

PurdueDave
08-28-2007, 06:02 PM
I'd dump iron will for a metamagic feat of your taste. Iron will, IMO, is overkill on a cleric.

moops
08-28-2007, 06:15 PM
I agree that your CON is pretty high. . .both my Human clerics started with 10 even though they are offensive casters who take aggro sometimes. My one cleric ate a +2 Con tome for favor ( she had already gotten a +2 Wis) wears a +6 COn item, and she tanks the Giant in the Reaver Raid. I understand that 10 might be too low depending on the people that you run with, but I'd say lower it some.

Dariuss
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

My thinking was that i would sink alot inot CON, so as to be able to stay alive without using alot of healing on myself.

But if you think it's too high, i could maybe start at 14 CON and 12 CHR?

Oh, and i made him a Dwarf because i make all my characters Dwarfs :) Got 2 Dorf Sorcs, a Dorf Pali, Dorf Ranger... ahhaa

The only game i don't have a Dwarf is oblivion/morrowind (stupid not having dwarves!)

EDIT: i stopped at 12 because that's as high as my version of the planner goes, and i am at work so i didn't really have time to figure out 13 and 14 by hand :)

Impaqt
08-28-2007, 06:34 PM
Get rid of Iron WIll..... Total Waste ona Cleric.. Kinda like taking Lightning reflexes on a Elf ROgue.... Its just overkill..

TOughness is a Strange feet to take on this build.... You havent enhanced it at all with the Dwarven TOughness enhancement..... 16 Hit oitns for a Feat? Dont see that being beneficial.

Your Missing Extend SPell... I think thats pretty important to a Cleric speced for Healing/Buffing

A Swarven Cleric with a 20 Con is more thansturdy enough at end game....

20 Heroic Durability
112 L14 Cleric
70 Con Bonus for 20 CON
10 Dragonic Vitality
20 Improved False Life
----
232 Hit Points

So Starting at a 15 Con +1 Dwarf +4 Item =20. Heck, Go 16 and then youdont have to worry about spending the ENH....

Put those 2 extra points into CHR... Yu could safely drop STR down a point or 2 to round out CHR as well.

I'd go

11 STR
8 Dex
16CON
8INT
17WIS
12 CHR

Sojourner
08-28-2007, 07:22 PM
Link to Current Character Planner (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO/). He's added some pretty nice stuff since level 12, worth downloading. All old builds seem to work on newer versions.

Stats
I would probably go with stats like this:
12 STR (really just for carrying capacity if healbot, probably never need an item)
08 DEX (get a +4 item to max our your fullplate AC)
15 CON (with a +5 item for a 20)
08 INT (probably no items for this either unless you get cloak from reaver raid)
17 WIS (as you specced out)
12 CHR (+4 or +6 item to increase number of DVs)

Feats
Drop:
* Iron Will - you have tons of will save already
* Toughness - 16-HP not worth it

Pick up:
* Extend Spell - Especially useful at low levels. Maybe swap for enlarge, empower, or spell pen at end-game - rarely gets used at high levels.
* Empower Healing - healbot specialty

Enhancements
* Keep Dwarven CON only until you get a CON+5 item, then swap for something else
* When you build out to level 14, add in Improved Empower Healing I and II
* Also when working out to 14 you may want to add a level or two of Divine Cleansing or Wand Mastery

Dariuss
08-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Thanks for the input guys.

I think Sojourner pretty much summed up what everyone was saying quite nicely, so I'll go with his recomendation there.

Renegade66
08-31-2007, 01:38 PM
Max your WIS at 18, so you can have 32 WIS and possibly 34. Go 16 CHA and 14 CON and maybe 10 STR or however that works out. A STR item will keep you from being encumbered. With CON and Gr False Life items you can get well over 200HP. The CHA modifier will add to your DVs once MOD5 hits, so plan on getting to at least 24.

I'd go Human for the extra feat and extra point of Wisdom via enhancement.
As stated, Extend is nice at early levels, but ultimately I recommend; Empowered Healing, Extra Turns, Mental Toughness, Improved Mental Toughness, Spell Focus: Necro, Greater Spell Focus: Necro. The latter two make a huge difference when casting Slay Living, Harm, Destruction and Symbol of Fear, which btw is an awesome spell (try it in PotP).