PDA

View Full Version : Recalling for SP in POP elite

Jaysensen
08-28-2007, 03:45 PM
Do you do it?
Do you find it necessary, or choice?
Do you think it increases the speed of your runs, or slows them down?

I recently went into some POP PUGS, and two Wizards were blowing SP like crazy and recalled after the outer ring was cleared. So we waited a couple minutes for them to come back - as the Cleric I had no intention of trying to duo some rooms.

In contrast, when I do guild runs, we never recall for SP.

bandyman1
08-28-2007, 03:48 PM
Do you do it?

I recently went into some POP PUGS, and two Wizards were blowing SP like crazy and recalled after the outer ring was cleared. So we waited a couple minutes for them to come back - as the Cleric I had no intention of trying to duo some rooms.

That's just weak :( .

GeneralDiomedes
08-28-2007, 03:52 PM
You are getting newer players coming up now.

No need to be a jaded veteran elitist, you'll just drive them away.

teddok
08-28-2007, 03:53 PM
Sometimes I do but not very often. And thats only if im messing around and not conserving mana like i normally do. Normally I can make it all the way through POP to the end boss before i even have to shrine.

dragnmoon
08-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Do you do it?

I Only do it when I am the Only Arcane Caster... and Only since I capped out the EXP in PoP, Before that when i was still trying to get EXP from PoP i refused to recall unless I really had to (FulL Party Wipe)

isldur
08-28-2007, 04:21 PM
Being xp capped for so long it really doesn't matter, but with 2 wizards shouldn't really be a need unless the wizards were going for kill count fun.

I've done it both ways sometimes its fun to just kill stuff before the fighters do, and with greater teleport shouldn't take too long to get back in.

If xp is needed tho no thats just silly.

Locathus
08-28-2007, 05:30 PM
I would certainly say it isn't necessary. Even if you are the only wizard in the group you shouldn't burn that much mana unless you are racing the others in the group for kills (which I typically do not do).

If the rest of your party is competent, I can't imagine this would help you go faster - if they really are counting on you to kill everything, though, I suppose it might.

I never found PoP to be particularly tough on mana at all - I don't particularly need to conserve spell points so much as not waste them.

Rameses
08-28-2007, 05:47 PM
I generally clear the shrine up by the dwarf village (it's near a quest that I don't recall the name) prior to entering PoTP. Once I've entered the quest I throw out extended buffs on all, then I hit that shrine after I haste them to let them start clearing.
I've yet to meet someone that complained.
That is the only time that I'll recall is at the beginning of either Crucible or PoTP.
Otherwise everyone gets Blur/GH/Haste until first shrine.

I am, Rameses!

Jaysensen
08-28-2007, 05:57 PM
You are getting newer players coming up now.

No need to be a jaded veteran elitist, you'll just drive them away.

For the record, I AM a jaded veteran elitist. But I wasnt a **** to my group. Interestingly, the melees were newbies, and the casters were experienced. Which is why I didnt suggest doing the room without just the melees in.

My thing was that its just POP. Recalling for SP was such a foreign concept to me, since I find POP easy and fast in most groups I run in. I am asking this forum if people do this regularly, and if doing POP in such a way makes the run more effective.

Qzipoun
08-28-2007, 06:24 PM
This is the way I do it with my sorcerer:

Before anyone is inside, I clear the whole outer rim, get the key and open the door. Once the group is full and someone enters I recall for mana. The 5 other party members go ahead and kill the warden if they're all there and I join them as they start the first room. In most cases I'm back in at the same time as the last few members.

Hint: Don't recall back to the tavern, haste yourself and go to the Foundation of Discord shrine, much closer...

Jaywade
08-28-2007, 07:00 PM
I've never had to do this even when I'm the only caster (I have a wizzy) .... my play style is to use mass charms and let the mobs kill themselfs(no healing on our guys and I swear it's quicker).... I useally don't shrine till after the wind elem room

Osharan_Tregarth
08-28-2007, 10:43 PM
I'll generally buff the **** out of everyone in the party, haste em, and teleport back for mana while they clear the hallways. I'm usually caught back up before they are done clearing the hallways, and (depending on zone times) the haste has usually only been down for about 30 seconds.

It's not really necessary all of the time, or even most of the time. But after the umpteenth time running the same quest, I'd just like to make it as easy as humanly possible. And if I'm pugging, I don't always know the caliber of the other players.

Having everyone in the party with extended resists, gh, stoneskin, blur, rage(if they want it) just makes for a nice smooth run, and then I can clear the rooms out with lots and lots of mana to spare, if the others in the party don't have the right weapons to do it themselves.