PDA

View Full Version : Dwarf fighter level 14, whats the best equipment?

Trixity
08-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Ok, I am looking to build a good set of equipment.

Will some of you share what you think the BEST equipment set ups are?

Thanks!

xberto
08-27-2007, 09:20 PM
SO many variables to this question. A simple answer is an axe and shield.

bandyman1
08-27-2007, 10:27 PM
Ok, I am looking to build a good set of equipment.

Will some of you share what you think the BEST equipment set ups are?

Thanks!

Not to sound disrespectful Trixity, but without knowing anything about your stat allotments, feat choices, and enhancement selection, there is no way anyone could intellegently answer that question ( eg. If I say MFP and you don't have the Dex for it, or if you are going all out armor mastery and Dex and I say a tower shield, what's the point ? ).

Cannon
08-27-2007, 10:48 PM
if you are looking to max out your AC:

+5 Mithral Full Plate (of something if you find it. Like acid guard or fearsome)
+5 Mithral Tower Shield (now if you take all 6 of the armor masteries you have available you will be better served by a heavy steel as you will be unable to get tower mastery to the same level)
Chaosgarde
+5 Prot Item (necklace, cloak, or Ring)
+6 Str Item (gloves or belt or Ring)
+6 Con Item (belt, or Ring)
+6 Dex item (boots, ring, or gloves)
Chattering Ring (Raid item from Titan)
Seal of Earth (raid item from Demon Queen-barksin pots that you buy give same AC)
Item of Heavy Fort (necklace slot, Ring, Belt)
Resistance +5 item (trinket, ring, cloak)
Various greater elemental resist items:fire,cold,acid,elec. (Most people have on cloaks or rings)
Bloodstone (use if you are looking for more damage)

Weapons: Pick a weapon type and goto town. As a dwarf you can get an extra +2 to hit and damage with all types of axes and you get dwarven axe feat for free so it is a nice one to use.
The big 5:banishing,vorpal,smiting,disruption, paralyzing all are nice to have but they are situational.
Want at least 1 very high DPS weapon. ex:+4 shocking burst dwarven axe of Pure Good. pref you will have a few high DPS weapons to switch.

Honestly, this list could be modified in so many ways depending on what you want, each way would probably be just as nice. This is just a bare-bones wish list.

Cannon

Borror0
08-27-2007, 11:05 PM
An othe qustion would be, how much raid loot do you want in?

Trixity
08-28-2007, 01:17 AM
Well, more or less I was just looking for people to list what they had listed to "max" out their char's design. I am looking to see some of the interesting combinations people have that I might have over looked. Not looking for a breakdown of my fighter, just to see what other people use.

xberto
08-28-2007, 01:39 AM
Well it's always nice to have a vorpal, disrupter, and smiter. I have a dozen or so greater bane weapons. Because I play a tactical fighter with improved sunder and trip feats, I like to have vertigo and sunder(brain fart..can't think of the sunder suffix) on my weapons. I keep a wounding handy as well, in case I'm with a wounding/puncturing wielding group. The bottom line is to have as many good weapons as you need to deal with a variety of situations. But thats just me, I also have quick draw feat and fill 2+ hotkey bars with weapons. There might be players out there that only use a couple of choice weapons, but I don't know.

Talson
08-29-2007, 03:51 PM
Well, more or less I was just looking for people to list what they had listed to "max" out their char's design. I am looking to see some of the interesting combinations people have that I might have over looked. Not looking for a breakdown of my fighter, just to see what other people use.

I have two capped evasion tanks that are 8f/3r/3p and here's the way they're outfitted not including weapons....

Selgar:
Helm +5 Cha (18) | Cloak AC +4 / Gt. Resist
Gloves +6 Str (28) | Ring Resistance +4
Necklace +6 Con (18) | Ring +4 Dex (22)
Belt Heavy Fort | Boots 25%
Bracers Chaos guard | Trinket Battle coin
Goggles Intricate field optics

+5 Mith BP of false life
+5 Mith Tower Shield

Nexiv:
Helm +6 Cha (20) | Cloak Resistances
Gloves +6 Dex (20) | Balance Ring
Necklace +6 Con (18) | Ring Heavy Fort
Belt +6 Str (30) | Boots 30%
Bracers Chaos Guard | Trinket Kardin’s eye
Goggles Spec. Optics +3 AC

+5 Elven Chain
Storm reaver shield

The thing is without knowing another person's build it's hard to give feedback because of my pali splash and the fact I want to cast rez scrolls Cha as a stat buff is important to my build where as other fighter builds would probably use the night forged helm or a wisdom stat item instead....

As for armor the perffered set of armor for a non evasion fighter I'd guess: +5 Mith FP, +4 mith FP with fearsome, or +5 FP with fearsome etc...

For the evasion fighter I'd guess KDS, +5 Mith BP, +5 elven chain as the top three choices...

Take it easy
-Tal

Borror0
08-29-2007, 04:44 PM

This is the gear I'm trying to get on my Borror, 12 fighter/2 paladin, I'm still missing a few.

Helm: +Intimidate Helm (I'll try the Dragon Helm if I get a chance at one.)
Trinket: Head of Good Fortune
Cloak: +4 Resist
Neck: +5 Protection
Armor: +5 Mith FP
Shield: +5 Mith TS (only +4 atm)
Glove: +6 Str glove
Belt: Daggertooth (currently +4 Con, trying to get my guildy's)
Ring: +6 Cha (only +5 atm)
Ring: Chattering Ring
Boots: Madstone Boots (currently +4 Dex boots)

For a 14 fighter, gear might be different.

Hence
08-31-2007, 04:33 PM
Here is my setup currently vs/ what I want eventually for my lvl 14 fighter.

Helm: Nightforge Helm / Helm of Freewill
Trinket: Silver Flame and Bat / Kardin's Eye
Goggles: Spectacular Optics / Demon Queen Goggles
Cloak: Greater Fire Resist / +5 Prot
Neck: +5 Protection and Silver Flame Pendent / +6 Con and Silver Flame Upgrade!
Armor: Stonemeld Armor / White Dragon Scale
Shield: Madstone T.Shield / ???
Glove: Bramblecasters / ???
Belt: Dragon Belt / Titan Belt
Ring: Heavy Fort
Ring: Invaders Balance Ring and Ring of Shadows / Chattering Ring
Boots: Generic +4 Dex / Madstone Boots

Weapons: Sword of Shadows (Killing maching against all but undead!)
Cloudburst (Zombie killing machine!)
+1 Shocking Burst Heavy Pick of Greater Lawful Outsider Bane (Efreeti Slayer!)
+1 Shocking Burst Scimitar of Greater Giant Bane (Giant Slayer!)
+1 Shocking Burst Heavy Pick of Greater Animal Bane (Wolf Slayer!)
+2 Banishing Rapier (Elemental Slayer!)
+2 Icy Burst Rapier of Puncturing (Orange Boss Slayer!)
+1 Seeker(+10) Heavy Pick of Righteousness (Highest pure dmg when I need a shield)
+2 Holy Burst Maul of Righteousness (Skeleton Slayer!)

Maybe this is more of what you were looking for. :-)