PDA

View Full Version : Am I stuck with Adamantine body?

Sutek
08-27-2007, 02:28 PM
So I created my first barb and he is totaly getting his butt kicked.
Problem is he's WF and has no armor Body Feat therefore no AC to speak of. At lower levels this is a huge problem.

After reading some threads in the Barb forum I found someone with a great Idea. Take Adamantine body at 1st level while u need AC then swap it out later. So I re-rolled the barb now he's doing the butt kicking. But now I'm a little bit worried that I won't be able to fit in all of the feats I want.

I would like to swap Adamantine body for improved two handed fighting or improved critical slash at level 9.

So far I have Adamantine Body, Two handed fighting, Power Attack

At lvl 9 I would take improved two handed fighting or improved critical slash and swap Adamantine body for the other.

Is this really possible or am I going to be stuck with the adamantine body feat?

Gulva
08-27-2007, 02:37 PM
You would have to do a couple feat respecs to line them up properly. From scratch, I would recommend not taking Power attack until you're ready to respec, and take that in place of Adamantine Body at level 1. Power attack doesn't become really useful until higher levels anyways, imo.

As you are right now, you'd probably need to swap PA for Imp THF, then swap Adamantine body for PA. Thank goodness for the recent influx of free dragonshards :)

When swapping feats you can only replace the feat with one you could have taken at that level... so you can't replace a level 1 feat (Adamantine body) with a level 9 feat (Imp Crit: Slash).

Sutek
08-27-2007, 02:40 PM
Thanks Gulva

I'm glad I've been saving up all my shards :)