PDA

View Full Version : Another complaint as to how a GM handled a situation.

BlueLightBandit
08-27-2007, 10:53 AM
For starters...

I had a problem with the free feat respec token that you get as an end reward from the quest "Mark of the Dragon." I logged in today and it simply wasn't there... quest log shows complete and won't let me do it again (for obvious reasons) and having never used the token, I had assumed it would still be available to me.

So I queried a GM in game.

After waiting a standard amount of time (approx fifteen minutes) I was greeted with the cookie cutter response from the GM. I'm fine with all that... except when I sent the gm a direct tell acknowledging that I had received his/her message it was easily five minutes before I got a response. Every response from this GM took waay too long, and I never even got the usual "please allow me a moment while I look into this matter" just silence... and waiting.

Then the GM actually gave me incorrect information regarding what the token actually did... and then instead of answering questions posed as WHY did it happen, IS it a bug, I was simply told that they could not replace my repsec token. I never asked that they replace it, I asked WHY it wasn't there, so I know not to make the same mistake on other characters. I was then informed of how to suhmit a bug report... when I asked the how I was supposed to know if it was a bug, or if this was how the respec token was designed (as in with an expiration date or something like that) they promptly informed me that my inquiry was "being resolved" without ever actually asking me if my problem was actually resolved.

Basically, here are my complaints.

1. They took too long to respond. If they were busy, tell me, and I'll be happy to wait. Don't leave me hanging for up to seven minutes at a time just for a response.

2. The GM didn't have accurate information, and provided the concepts they THOUGHT to be true as official statements. They didn't know, and instead of saying "let me look into it" to clarify, they just lied.

3. The GM never actually addressed the question I posed. WHY something happened. If they can't tell using the tools they have been provided... just say that. I can live with "There's no way for me to know" or "It doesn't show in the logs" or "I don't know." Instead, I was given the "I already told you there is nothing that can be done about the issue." (again, I never actually asked that something be done, I asked for an explanation as to why it happened"

4. The GM artifically ended my question and closed the ticket without ever actually asking if my issue was resolved. It was just rude and unprofessional.

I'll be more than happy to provide screenshots or whatever is needed, in a private message to a Turbine/DDO rep. I will not post names on the boards.

Sparker
08-27-2007, 03:30 PM
Please PM me with your character name, server this happened on, and the GM that you spoke with and I will look into this further for you.

For starters...

I had a problem with the free feat respec token that you get as an end reward from the quest "Mark of the Dragon." I logged in today and it simply wasn't there... quest log shows complete and won't let me do it again (for obvious reasons) and having never used the token, I had assumed it would still be available to me.

So I queried a GM in game.

After waiting a standard amount of time (approx fifteen minutes) I was greeted with the cookie cutter response from the GM. I'm fine with all that... except when I sent the gm a direct tell acknowledging that I had received his/her message it was easily five minutes before I got a response. Every response from this GM took waay too long, and I never even got the usual "please allow me a moment while I look into this matter" just silence... and waiting.

Then the GM actually gave me incorrect information regarding what the token actually did... and then instead of answering questions posed as WHY did it happen, IS it a bug, I was simply told that they could not replace my repsec token. I never asked that they replace it, I asked WHY it wasn't there, so I know not to make the same mistake on other characters. I was then informed of how to suhmit a bug report... when I asked the how I was supposed to know if it was a bug, or if this was how the respec token was designed (as in with an expiration date or something like that) they promptly informed me that my inquiry was "being resolved" without ever actually asking me if my problem was actually resolved.

Basically, here are my complaints.

1. They took too long to respond. If they were busy, tell me, and I'll be happy to wait. Don't leave me hanging for up to seven minutes at a time just for a response.

2. The GM didn't have accurate information, and provided the concepts they THOUGHT to be true as official statements. They didn't know, and instead of saying "let me look into it" to clarify, they just lied.

3. The GM never actually addressed the question I posed. WHY something happened. If they can't tell using the tools they have been provided... just say that. I can live with "There's no way for me to know" or "It doesn't show in the logs" or "I don't know." Instead, I was given the "I already told you there is nothing that can be done about the issue." (again, I never actually asked that something be done, I asked for an explanation as to why it happened"

4. The GM artifically ended my question and closed the ticket without ever actually asking if my issue was resolved. It was just rude and unprofessional.

I'll be more than happy to provide screenshots or whatever is needed, in a private message to a Turbine/DDO rep. I will not post names on the boards.

zombie_steve
08-30-2007, 04:34 AM
Got to love Outsourcing :D

The_Old_Sage
08-31-2007, 05:27 PM
I'm sorry, I know you probably realized this and as a result I am sorry for stating the obvious.

The "token" given at the end of the Dragonmarked quest is not an inventory item. You know you have it when you speak to Fred the Mind Flayer, and it will also acknowledge you have a feat respec when log the character in.

Assuming that you knew this all, I hope you get the assistance you deserve.

Skirmish
09-07-2007, 11:45 AM
While it's true it's not an inventory item, every time you log in the game gives you the message "you have an unclaimed feat exchange" or 'unclaimed feat respect'. I forget the actual wording. But every log in since I grabbed mine on several toons the message has been there.

It pops up the same way the "you have 'x' action points left to spend" message pops up.