PDA

View Full Version : Question

emsteiner
08-27-2007, 07:46 AM
What is a good class for Warforged? I would like to build one and I am open to what ever class. My characters now are a Ranger, Bard, Cleric and Ranger/Rogue and would like to play something new.

rimble
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
I really like the Warforged Wizard combination, and that looks like it'd be a new thing considering what you've already played.

amysrevenge
08-29-2007, 01:18 PM
WF are poorly suited to Bard and Sor (and Cleric and Paladin to a lesser degree).

WF are well suited to Ftr, Bbn, Wiz.

WF are neither well nor poorly suited to Rog, Rgr.

That said, you can make a fantastic WF cleric, or a terrible WF barbarian. lol

I personally have 2 WF fighters (one with a couple of levels of ranger), a WF cleric (with a level of barbarian), and a WF bard that I actually play, and a Wiz, Rgr, and Ftr (the Ftr is set to be Ftr1/MnkX when the time comes) waiting in the wings.

People cry out about the stat penalty, but a -2 is only difficult, not crippling. It is the same as the difference between a level 14 caster who has eaten a +1 tome (and is otherwise maxed out), and a level 14 caster who has eaten a +3 tome (and is similarly maxed out). Is the +1 tome guy hideously gimped? Common wisdom says no. Yet common wisdom says that a caster with a 16 starting stat is hideously gimped.

Mike