PDA

View Full Version : A place clerics can call their own.

lenric
08-27-2007, 04:39 AM
For the first time today I beared witness to the Portable Hole. A place where a wizard or sorc can go to get just about everything they could need in a one stop shop. My question is can we get one of those for the cleric. We already have the word of recall that brings us to the temple of the S. Host which is pretty empty right now. Why not just throw a high level cleric trainer and some clericy wand/scroll salemen in there. It'd be nice to be able to use word of recall for something useful like bringing me straight to the place I need to be to stock up on cure wands and heal scrolls and the such. Just a thought so that y'all can throw the clerics a bone instead of leaving them behind like most people believe.

This is my petition and I am /sign(ing) it.

Anastasios
08-27-2007, 04:55 AM
Well, if you haven't figured it out, ARCANE>DIVINE in Turbine's eyes, someday we'll be rewarded, just not yet, and to tell you the truth, it's sad, very, very, very sad when you look at the details into how much better off you are to have an Arcane toon.

You got my signature, lol, happy trails on your quest

~Jules921
08-27-2007, 05:47 AM
MedicLady needs me to /sign too

Jules

Dingo123
08-27-2007, 05:50 AM
Well, if you haven't figured it out, ARCANE>DIVINE in Turbine's eyes

*BOGGLE*

How do you come up with this?

shoebox747
08-27-2007, 06:53 AM
where is the place for cleric anyway???

BUpcott
08-27-2007, 06:58 AM
where is the place for cleric anyway???

If you are asking where the temple of the S. Host is, it's the original entrance to BAM in house d.

samhuinn
08-27-2007, 08:33 AM
So very much /signed.

Was just commenting the other day how I wished Word of Recall would take me someplace useful. Why in the world would I want to go to the Temple of the Sovereign Host?? I can't even get components in House D let alone scrolls, wands etc, and there isn't even a high level cleric in the place unless it's someone returning from an ore run. Beyond that, House D is just a pain to get around. Mail Box and AH in obscure locations, and teleporter shoved in the back corner.

We should just turn The Twelve into a Clerical party house. :D :D

barabel
08-27-2007, 08:45 AM
My Cleric would love having access to such a place.

I hate running around trying to gather supplies between missions.

/signed

Tanka
08-27-2007, 08:57 AM
If they sold Divine scrolls (I haven't checked), you could farm out Ghola-Fan for the Teleport mask and just use that.

binnsr
08-27-2007, 09:01 AM
We already have the word of recall that brings us to the temple of the S. Host which is pretty empty right now. Why not just throw a high level cleric trainer and some clericy wand/scroll salemen in there.
You want them to sell stuff in the temple? :eek: History aside, I wouldn't mind having a 1-stop-shop for my cleric either..

If they sold Divine scrolls (I haven't checked), you could farm out Ghola-Fan for the Teleport mask and just use that.
they don't sell divine scrolls at hte portable hole.

Roguewiz
08-27-2007, 09:01 AM
For the first time today I beared witness to the Portable Hole. A place where a wizard or sorc can go to get just about everything they could need in a one stop shop. My question is can we get one of those for the cleric. We already have the word of recall that brings us to the temple of the S. Host which is pretty empty right now. Why not just throw a high level cleric trainer and some clericy wand/scroll salemen in there. It'd be nice to be able to use word of recall for something useful like bringing me straight to the place I need to be to stock up on cure wands and heal scrolls and the such. Just a thought so that y'all can throw the clerics a bone instead of leaving them behind like most people believe.

Hey now, you're forgetting about UMD Rogues...The Portable Hole is my perma-bind point. I got access to an: Inn, Mailbox, Scroll Vender, and Potion Vender.

All I need now is a few wand venders in there and a bank, then I'd be in heaven. :)

binnsr
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Hey now, you're forgetting about UMD Rogues...The Portable Hole is my perma-bind point. I got access to an: Inn, Mailbox, Scroll Vender, and Potion Vender.

All I need now is a few wand venders in there and a bank, then I'd be in heaven. :)

Don't forget about an auctioneer :cool:

Roguewiz
08-27-2007, 09:02 AM
Don't forget about an auctioneer :cool:

and a PvP area :p

FluffyDucky
08-27-2007, 09:45 AM

YES. Great idea

/sign

Grimtooth333
08-27-2007, 09:55 AM
/signed

This would be a very good and noble thing...

DSL
08-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Makes sense to me.

While the Temple of the Sovereign Host might not be the ideal location, it does seem simplest to add vendors there, since they have rooms set aside already. However, if its easier to change the arrival point for Word of Recall, perhaps simply having it send the caster somewhere appropriate in House J would be an improvement for now.

Mad_Bombardier
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
You want them to sell stuff in the temple? :eek: History aside...As long as there's no money changers outside, we should be ok. ;)

Cowdenicus
08-27-2007, 10:43 AM
Clerics have a place to call their own, its called debtors prison. :eek:

Impaqt
08-27-2007, 11:01 AM
/Signed.... Again......

This comes up every few months it seems..... Great Idea..... Makes no sense to me why our Word of recall takes us to a Temple inthe heart of Melee Teritory.... All the stuff we need is in House J...

At the Very least Word of Recall should be updated to what it does in PnP.

Word of Recall:
Word of recall teleports you instantly back to your sanctuary when the word is uttered. You must designate the sanctuary when you prepare the spell, and it must be a very familiar place.

Why cant my Sanctuary be in House J?

Charmazal
08-27-2007, 11:34 AM
I like it - sell clerical stuff in the temple. It makes sense! It's a temple afterall!

frederjoe1
08-27-2007, 11:55 AM
/signed

Vizer
08-27-2007, 12:17 PM
i have a theory as to why word of recall takes us to house d

coyle whats all the clerics in the realm at his beck and call

becase after those runs in thernal ruines he needs a little help geting all that heath back...

Vi'Aed
08-27-2007, 12:21 PM
Good idea.

Well, if you haven't figured it out, ARCANE>DIVINE in Turbine's eyes,

Um, well that is just backwards. I play both and my Cleric gets *MUCH* more love from the game than does my Wizzy.

Aeneas
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
since we're discussing it, every class should have a place to call home. Since wizzies have to wait until they can cast teleport, i'd make the other classes have similar level hurdles, perhaps favor in quests that can be completed in a sneaky fashion for the thieves guild. etc. etc. for the others. Each would sell class appropriate items. And yes, mixed up mutts would face exclusion. :p

moorewr
08-27-2007, 02:15 PM
and a PvP area :p

oh yes! /signed

Yvonne_Blacksword
08-27-2007, 02:23 PM
Install a shrine in one of the side rooms...
A place for healers to worship and meditate and refreh themselves...
And have the door require Divine Training...

Trainers should be a duh..

Selling the needed tools of the trade should not be a problem.
Where else do clerics get their supplies, but from their peers?

Is the Temple of the Soveriegn Host ...
in the wrong house?

huh...

oh..

/signed

Make the spell useful for something other than quick access to the weapon venders (why?).

Bad Idea:mad:
Have a timer on the spell that returns you to the place you cast it...
Have no re-entry peanalty for using the spell.:D

told you it was a bad idea...:p :rolleyes:

zyp
08-27-2007, 02:44 PM
/Signed signed signety sign sign sign:D

Twerpp
08-27-2007, 02:49 PM
Yes and I hate waiting for clerics to get their garbage together too! Put a mailbox there so I can send his whiney broke-butt some money to buy the stuff!
/signed xD

Corran99
08-27-2007, 03:20 PM
/signed

Gillyad_Ceril
08-27-2007, 03:26 PM

This petition is sooooooooo /signed
For my Cleric Kopper

Dragonhyde
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Sounds like a good idea but would the soverign host temple actually sell to a silver flame cleric? Might need to make it a neutral area :P

Yvonne_Blacksword
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
ooooh!...

a temple of all faiths with seperate worship rooms...

oooooHHH!!!

binnsr
08-27-2007, 03:43 PM
ooooh!...

a temple of all faiths with seperate worship rooms...

oooooHHH!!!

Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting your silver flame in your sovereign host..

lenric
08-31-2007, 05:06 AM
Clerics have a place to call their own, its called debtors prison. :eek:

I wish I was a poor cleric like the rest of you because everyone always says "my cleric is in debt" "i spend too much money on this/that"

I have close to 10 million gold and I don't know what to spend it on, i hardly ever have to resort to wands/scrolls so that just won't do...What are you guys spending so much money on that I don't know about?

Cowdenicus
08-31-2007, 06:38 AM
I wish I was a poor cleric like the rest of you because everyone always says "my cleric is in debt" "i spend too much money on this/that"

I have close to 10 million gold and I don't know what to spend it on, i hardly ever have to resort to wands/scrolls so that just won't do...What are you guys spending so much money on that I don't know about?

I have well over a million plat myself, and my cleric has bankrolled my other 6 characters which combined have another million plat.

Most clerics just whine about being poor.

BUpcott
08-31-2007, 07:46 AM

I wish I was like Brunos. I saw him working the ladies at Varro and Uxor's wedding.

Gornin
08-31-2007, 09:50 AM
Then you wouldn't have to worry about getting your silver flame in your sovereign host..

Is that like getting peanut butter in your chocolate or chocolate in your peanut butter?

/sign petition

Gornin
08-31-2007, 09:55 AM
Yes and I hate waiting for clerics to get their garbage together too! Put a mailbox there so I can send his whiney broke-butt some money to buy the stuff!
/signed xD

Bless you, my son, Vargas will accept any donations in the name of the church! Even if you do sound ungrateful.