PDA

View Full Version : Paladins and cure wands

Agarwaen
08-26-2007, 04:03 PM
Can a lev2 Paladin use a cure light wounds wand or does it require a UMD check?

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-26-2007, 04:20 PM
as long as the spell is on a paladins spell list, even if he cant cast it yet, they can use any wand of that spell as long as they meet the minimum level of that wand. so es, a level 2 pally can use a cure light wand.

Sojourner
08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
Here is a List of Pally Spells (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Category:Paladin_spells) for you to look at.

Any spell off that list that shows up in wand form you should be able to use as a wand. Only restriction is, like Tenkari said, you have to meet the "minimum level" requirement stated in the wands description. Which doesn't always equate to the "Spell Level" as shown on the list of spells page, so make sure to double check the wand description.

Agarwaen
08-26-2007, 11:48 PM
Thank you guys. That was a very handy link Sojourner. One more question: does the min level requirement on a wand apply to my class level or character level? For instance, if I am paly2/fighter6, would that enable me to use a cure moderate wand?

KaKa
08-27-2007, 01:21 AM
Thank you guys. That was a very handy link Sojourner. One more question: does the min level requirement on a wand apply to my class level or character level? For instance, if I am paly2/fighter6, would that enable me to use a cure moderate wand?

The minimum level only applies to your character level. So in your example of the paly2/fighter 6 that is a level 8 character for wand usage to you can use the cure serious wounds wands which are level 5 and are the best wands you can purchase from a vendor.

negative
08-27-2007, 05:01 PM
Hence, you'll see a lot of people that spalsh a single level of an arcane/divine class to gain full access to their wand list.

For instance, my paladin that spalshed one level of sorc can use stoneskin wands once his total character level was high enough to use 4th level wands.