PDA

View Full Version : Best Robe To Wear?

ncarter555
08-26-2007, 11:44 AM
I have currently on my lvl 11 Sorc:

1. Fearsome Robe of either (Slash, Blunt, Pierce)
2. Moblie Robe of Heavy Fortification (100% Crit avoid and Mobility Feat)
3. Deathblock Robe of Moderate Fortification(12th level)

I was wearing the fearsome.....just switched to the Heavy Fort and was planning on wearing the deathblock at 12th and beyond.

My question comes because I know alot of people wear the fearsome robes...but are the fort robes better?

Thanks for opinions :D

ChildrenofBodom
08-26-2007, 11:56 AM
I have currently on my lvl 11 Sorc:

1. Fearsome Robe of either (Slash, Blunt, Pierce)
2. Moblie Robe of Heavy Fortification (100% Crit avoid and Mobility Feat)
3. Deathblock Robe of Moderate Fortification(12th level)

I was wearing the fearsome.....just switched to the Heavy Fort and was planning on wearing the deathblock at 12th and beyond.

My question comes because I know alot of people wear the fearsome robes...but are the fort robes better?

Thanks for opinions :D

Heavy Fort robe is great so you don't get crit. Deathblock is great for Beholders and things that cast instant death spell. (Disintigrate is not an instant death spell) If your giong all the way with your toon, I would suggest either the blue or black dragon scale robe. Yea, they take a while to gather the scales but they are well worth it. My sroc is going to take black. Here is what the black and blue robes do.

Black Dragonscale Robe - +5 Armor, Wizardry V, Greater Evocation Focus, Greater Acid Resistance

Blue Dragonscale Robe - +4 Armor Bonus, Potency VII, Greater Arcane Lore, Spell Penetration VII, Greater Lightning Resistance

Aspenor
08-26-2007, 12:12 PM
I wear a Fearsome Robe of Heavy Fortification, but those can only be pulled during +1 loot weekends and are quite rare.

Citymorg
08-27-2007, 09:26 AM
IMHO, Heavy Fort for a Sorcerer is great if you happen to pull it on something else you need (like bracers or necklace). However, you are going to want to avoid getting hit at all, and with good aggro management the number of times you are going to be crit will be fairly low. I know, it will happen, and happen for a lot of damage.

With that said, when spell points get low enough, I switch from Robe of the Magi to my Fearsome robe of Axeblock. Even if they can crit you, one hit and mobs are feared and run away. This makes them zero threat and easy pickings to kill off.

On the subject robes, I have been collecting blue scales to get the robe. Recently, I won Dreamspitter and the Stormreaver's Napkin. Does it still make sense for me to use these items and get the blue robes (will there be too much overlap/not stacking? or should I start trading for black scales?

BUpcott
08-27-2007, 09:38 AM
I wear Fearsome of the Magi.
I have Heavy fort and greater false life covered in other slots.

But heavy does rock.

Galwain
08-27-2007, 10:35 AM
why does everyone wear magi robes? get a helm. geeze.

But anyways,

Heavy fort robe/ Fearsome of spearblock.

Those are my 2 mains.

Shade
08-28-2007, 10:25 AM
Lightning Guard of heavy fort
or
Fearsome of remove fear

Neither are overall important efffect wise to me, they just look cool.
Heavy fort is critical but I have other items with that anyways.

Casta
09-05-2007, 04:55 PM
Robes are swapable, I keep a hole hotbar full of them. Its much easier to find greater resist robes the cloaks.

Mhykke
09-05-2007, 04:59 PM
I wear a Fearsome Robe of Heavy Fortification, but those can only be pulled during +1 loot weekends and are quite rare.

Were you the one that outbid me at the last possible second on that thing!!!???!?! :mad:

Blind_Skwerl
09-07-2007, 06:41 AM
I wear heavy fort on a ring, greater false life on a belt.
I do switch around my robe often. Fearsome of Invuln and Deathblock of Invuln are the ones I wear most. Almost got enough scales for a robe, but am so sick of running GHT pre-raid that I boycotted it until after mod 5. I also keep the elemental robes on me just for redundancy incase I get hit with a dispell.

Desteria
09-07-2007, 01:52 PM
MY defalt robe is Fearsom of invun
I'd love to get a Fearsom of heavy fort but no luck yet; wont want this any mroe if i can get that hat from mod5 mmm heavy fort hat.

I also carry:
Deathblock Invun fof beholders sicne they would dispell dethward buff, and i can live through a distigrate hit.
Fearsom of SR 17 (lookign for a 19) for solo undead desert runs to give a chance that feablemind gets cancled RoE same deal. the fearsom for teh mephits
Gtr fire resist fro Velah
Gtr cold resist for COld dragon GHTor both of them dispell buffs
Heavy fort for times the mod fort on my lucky head triket is nto enought, or boss fights liek DQ where fearsom is usless adn every thign has magic attacks already.

I have found in none all undead quests the fearsom is way better then heavy fort because 1 hit then run is >> then hit hit hit oh that last one would have been a crit but wasent you still take 3 hits.
and sicne i got lucky head i still keep mod fort, + i coudl if wanted both bad enough use a heavy fort ring or belt, HAT(mod5), where as not countign the one sheild in mod 5 that woudl suck for a sorc any way robe is the only place i have sene fearsome.

Lillitheris
09-08-2007, 07:00 AM
I alternate between these two combos.

Deathblock Robe of Heavy Fort. + Imp. False Life Belt
Fearsome Robe of Imp. False Life + Heavy Fort. Belt

I also carry Greater elemental resist robes just in case.

Varis
09-08-2007, 08:24 AM
black dragon robe...

Arlith
09-08-2007, 11:39 AM
The best robe to wear is the one that looks best on your toon! Everything else is secondary!

CSFurious
09-10-2007, 06:00 AM
but, lately i just wear a robe of heavy fortification almost all of the time

FunnyCide
09-10-2007, 11:13 AM
I've never worn a fort item on my Sorcerer. I used to wear one of my greater resist robes at all times just to avoid having to spend the sp. Now I wear my blue dragon scale robe and still don't have a fort item. I normally kill them before they hit me or I just send a diplomacy their way and avoid it still.

MathGeek
09-10-2007, 04:11 PM
If you can't use a Moderate or Heavy Fortification docent, try the Nightforge Gorget. For a measly 10 adamantine ore from the Black Anvil Mines ("A Relic of a Sovereign Past") you can get this Heavy Fortification necklace. It can really save your neck. ;)

As to which robe you want to wear, it depends on the kind of sorcerer you're playing. Some nukers don't like the monsters to run away, so a Fearsome robe wouldn't be their first choice (it's easier to nuke everything if they're all in one place.)