PDA

View Full Version : How to use colors in chat and bio

Harncw
08-24-2007, 12:13 PM
How to do colors in bio...

Not that I'm the original finder of this or anything but I figured I would put up a guide on how it works...

Syntax is this:
<rgb=#RRGGBB>
colors can be gotten from this source (and many others)
RGB to Color Name Mapping (Triplet and Hex) (http://web.njit.edu/~kevin/rgb.txt.html)

Ex:

<rgb=#0000FF>Test

results in: Test

<rgb=#0000FF>t<rgb=#00FF00>e<rgb=#FF0000>s<rgb=#FFFFFF>t
results in: Test

Guildmaster_Kadish
08-24-2007, 12:46 PM
AAaaagh!! You aren't closing your tags!!!!

What is the world coming too!?!? :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Master Kadish

parvo
08-24-2007, 03:05 PM
Does this work only in general chat? I tried using it to yell "DANGER!!<in red>" but it didn't work in party chat.

Thanks.

Harncw
08-24-2007, 03:15 PM
AAaaagh!! You aren't closing your tags!!!!

What is the world coming too!?!? :D :eek: :rolleyes:

Master Kadish
I hear ya...

Does this work only in general chat? I tried using it to yell "DANGER!!<in red>" but it didn't work in party chat.

Thanks.
that must be EUE (end user error)

<rgb=#FF0000>DANGER!!
should work
BTW this should work in all chat channels and bios as well... not sure where else...

The_Cataclysm
08-24-2007, 09:30 PM
BTW this should work in all chat channels and bios as well... not sure where else...

I haven't gotten it to work on anything else. Tried LFM, LFG etc.

Also another good thing to use with color is the alias command.

Do /alias add ;red <rgb=#FF0000>

Then whenever you want to type something in red all you have to do is type ;red and everything after will be in red.

jaitee
08-25-2007, 02:47 AM
Color chat is ok, sometimes for fun, but really it is one of the most annoying thing someone could do, not that i care if they do, but if causes more grief then fun

Harncw
08-26-2007, 07:31 AM
Color chat is ok, sometimes for fun, but really it is one of the most annoying thing someone could do, not that i care if they do, but if causes more grief then fun

In general chat is can be annoying...

However, the other night was a server event... everyone was jibber jabbing .... at least the event host was able to use color to make her text standout.... it was a very good use for it.

And of course bios is a good place for it as well IMHO.

nice tip on the alias... gonna steal it for the OP

Harncw
01-30-2009, 08:54 PM
pre forums wipe bump

Ghoste
03-19-2009, 06:07 PM
Useful info.

Do you know if it's possible to change the font? Or font size? Make text bold?

ChaosFyre
06-21-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi peple.... I know this isnt really the discusiion, can someone pleas tell me how to put a picture and the thing below the line on my carecter? Tahnks!

Arcticwarrior
06-29-2010, 08:58 AM

Thanks.

they changed it, now it only works in biographies

Harncw
07-28-2010, 08:14 AM
bump updated OP

/No mo colors ingame chat

Jacoboon
10-29-2010, 06:38 PM
Colors are alive and well my friends, just not as easy to use anymore. I wrote a guide explaining it all

Hope it helps

Glenalth
10-29-2010, 08:47 PM
I noticed someone using an alias for colors today. Pretty good chance they'll lock that down too, so have fun while you can.