PDA

View Full Version : Yay! Last day at work!

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 07:55 AM
It's finally my last day. Hip Hip Hooray.

I'm taking a week off after today, and then moving to DC for a new job.

/em is super excited.

teddok
08-24-2007, 07:59 AM
Cool i live there 2.

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 08:09 AM
I brought in doughnuts for everyone, so in a year, when they're staring at their bellies, they will think of me :)

Raath
08-24-2007, 08:37 AM
Congrats JayDubya!

FWIW, it's my last day at my current job too! Woot!!

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 09:04 AM
Cool, what's next for you Raath?

Mad_Bombardier
08-24-2007, 09:31 AM

/em is super excited.Sorry Jay, there's already a guy named Dubya here in DC. You'll have to wait until 2008 when he is evicted.

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 09:34 AM
Sorry Jay, there's already a guy named Dubya here in DC. You'll have to wait until 2008 when he is evicted.

Oh ****. I hadn't thought of that.

Perhaps I'll have to stage a coup.

Cupcake
08-24-2007, 09:36 AM

/em is super excited.

Congrats to you.

I lived in Northern Virginia for 20 years. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Pay was good but not with the traffic hassle.

Best of luck on new job. :D

Oh and be warned. They don't know how to drive in snow, or deal with it LOL

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 10:21 AM
Congrats to you.
I lived in Northern Virginia for 20 years. Couldn't wait to get out of there. Pay was good but not with the traffic hassle.

Best of luck on new job. :D

Oh and be warned. They don't know how to drive in snow, or deal with it LOL

Yeah, well, I've lived in Atlanta for 14 years. Pay is good, but not with the traffic hassle. And they really don't know how to drive in snow. (Admittedly, it doesn't snow much)

So I'm probably not going to feel much different on the traffic front. But the job will be a whole hell of a lot more meaningful.

Cupcake
08-24-2007, 10:27 AM
Yeah, well, I've lived in Atlanta for 14 years. Pay is good, but not with the traffic hassle. And they really don't know how to drive in snow. (Admittedly, it doesn't snow much)

So I'm probably not going to feel much different on the traffic front. But the job will be a whole hell of a lot more meaningful.

That's what counts. I lived in Rosslyn and Falls Church. I like the falls church area. My mom is up in Baltimore.

My 1st ex lives in DC itself someplace LOL.

Cupcake
08-24-2007, 10:29 AM
Oh and the Cherry Blossoms are just beautiful!

There is an arboritum???????? off new york avenue? as you are heading out of DC towards NY. would have to look at a map LOL Been awhile.

Awesome place. Beautiful plants and flowers there.

I miss the Smithsonian. The natural history one was my favorite.

Oh and the Zoo!! I Love DC's zoo.

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Oh and the Cherry Blossoms are just beautiful!

I miss the Smithsonian. The natural history one was my favorite.

Oh and the Zoo!! I Love DC's zoo.

Yeah, we're heathen homeschoolers, and I think the kids are going to get an excellent educational suplement out of the museums and memorials and zoos and everything else that the DC-area has to offer.

Mad_Bombardier
08-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Yeah, we're heathen homeschoolers, and I think the kids are going to get an excellent educational suplement out of the museums and memorials and zoos and everything else that the DC-area has to offer.If you are moving to the DC metro area, you should reconsider homeschooling (unless it's for non-academic reasons). We have 3 of the nation's top 11 school districts in the country right here in the metro area.

Cupcake
08-24-2007, 12:01 PM
Yeah, we're heathen homeschoolers, and I think the kids are going to get an excellent educational suplement out of the museums and memorials and zoos and everything else that the DC-area has to offer.

Don't listen to Mad... he's...Mad.....:D :D j/k..

JayDubya
08-24-2007, 12:23 PM
If you are moving to the DC metro area, you should reconsider homeschooling (unless it's for non-academic reasons). We have 3 of the nation's top 11 school districts in the country right here in the metro area.

Yeah, I'm aware that the school districts are quite good. We're pondering "mainstreaming" the kids as they get older (i.e. High School), but right now, we're happy with the way we're set up.

Thanks for the suggestion though.

Raath
08-24-2007, 01:56 PM
Cool, what's next for you Raath?

Bigger and Better things! :)

I am so happy that I dont have to wake up at 5AM anymore!

Cupcake
08-24-2007, 03:29 PM
Bigger and Better things! :)

I am so happy that I dont have to wake up at 5AM anymore!

Cool for you Raath! And good luck!

iamsamoth0
08-26-2007, 02:41 PM
Oh ****. I hadn't thought of that.

Perhaps I'll have to stage a coup.

You are now on a watch list! :rolleyes:

/tinfoil hat on

Attomic
08-26-2007, 09:31 PM

That's like criticizing residents of the Sahara for not knowing how to drive in hurricane downpours. ;)