PDA

View Full Version : Why have INT for sorcs?

Eldun
08-24-2007, 06:32 AM
Does intelligence on a Sorc do anything for Spell resistance, saving throws vs. cast spells etc..?

I'm again working on my slot fit out and just wondering how to optimize.

Thanks

wiglin
08-24-2007, 08:26 AM
More Int = More skill points.

Thats about it. If you are not a skill point junky then you can leave it at the base and put all your points into 1 skill.

As a high cha class the sorcerer can get a umd in the 30's with items and buffs and thats without multi-classing to take it as a class skill. I maxed 2 skills on my sorcerer. (Concentration and UMD) Although when I fail a concentration check on a roll of 38 i wonder why I took it...lol

Eldun
08-24-2007, 09:51 AM
NVM... I was wondering why one would fit out the Napkin cloak in that slot thinking it had something to do with intelligence and spell pen or something but now I pulled the item description and see that there is a nice addional property to the cloak besides the INT boost.

wiglin
08-24-2007, 02:40 PM
My Cha 6 item is a cloak so i stick to bracers for the spell focus and jsut swap between the 2. The napkin is more of all in 1 for wizards.

redoubt
08-24-2007, 04:50 PM
As I have to carry:

Illusion/enchant bracers
transmutaion scepter
conjuration scepter
necromancy scepter

I would love the napkin as I could drop 4 things from my inventory, hold different spell enhancing weapons, and wear different bracers.

While, I agree it is even better for a wizzy... I would guess many other sorcs would like that item as well.

Galwain
08-24-2007, 06:07 PM
Highest umd without cross-class is 34 with the best items in game and buffed.

MondoGrunday
08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
i went 14 intel on my sorc for skill points because i wanted a decent umd to bypass rr and get as close as i could to a raise scroll. ( currently im at 28 umd). i wanted concentration, haggle and diplo to be high as well. the other stat i went high in was con for obvious reasons. some sorcs go high dex for armour class.
i love the extra skill points and diplo has saved my butt many times. damn aggro from fire walls :mad:

Vengenance
08-24-2007, 06:12 PM
I use the napkin on my sorc, I love it, it allowed me to get rid of a bunch of items. I also have it on my cleric for the same reasons it's on my sorc. Not that I'd ever role on it if a Wizzard was in the group, but I've done the raid enough that all of our wizzards already have it.

Aspenor
08-24-2007, 06:22 PM
I use the napkin on my sorc, I love it, it allowed me to get rid of a bunch of items. I also have it on my cleric for the same reasons it's on my sorc. Not that I'd ever role on it if a Wizzard was in the group, but I've done the raid enough that all of our wizzards already have it.

I don't :( It just never drops for me.

wiglin
08-25-2007, 08:39 AM
Highest umd without cross-class is 34 with the best items in game and buffed.

I know human sorcs with the following set up.

Base--------- 8
Cha 34------- 12
Titan Gloves-- 5
Good Luck---- 2
HV----------- 5
Skill Focus---- 3
GH----------- 4
---------------------
Total UMD= 38

Galwain
08-25-2007, 10:10 AM
yeah forgot about human vers. sorry bout that.