PDA

View Full Version : I need my fix and I can't log in...

Rathji
08-23-2007, 04:40 PM
ok. I run Vista (shutup) never had a problem. OK that's a lie. Never had THIS problem:
Tried to log in today. I get this error at "update programs" that says "general access denied error"

*** I haven't logged in all day and I'm starting to get the shakes from withdrawal... I can't even think straight HELP!!!!!!

Tried a few workarounds, never found one that works yet.

dragnmoon
08-23-2007, 04:42 PM
From Someone who just had the same problem..

ok if you are running windows vista, right click on the icon and run as administrator, i have just sopken to technical services and the told me to do this and it has worked

If that does not do it try some of this

FAQs (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/Search.asp?SearchType=advanced&referrer=&CustID=&rfield=&usertype=&formaction=search&bUseEditor=&IncludeHTML=&gpn=&gpv=&keyword=&match=and&catID1=13&catID2=145&catID3=&catID4=&sortmethod=rel+desc%2C+datemodified&submitbutton=Go)

turkeymoon
08-23-2007, 04:43 PM
Ran it as administrator?

Rathji
08-23-2007, 04:44 PM
...I am the admin...

dragnmoon
08-23-2007, 04:45 PM
...I am the admin...

Makes me want to say..

I AM THE LAW!!

dragnmoon
08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
Vista is Funky... Try it anyway... What I posted

Rathji
08-23-2007, 06:38 PM
YAY for some reason it worked..... teach me to log in while intoxicated... lol

getting my fix now.. I can feel the relief pulsing through my veins... ahhhhhhhh

Bricktop
08-23-2007, 11:03 PM
From Someone who just had the same problem..

If that does not do it try some of this

FAQs (http://turbine.fuzeqna.com/ddo.support/consumer/Search.asp?SearchType=advanced&referrer=&CustID=&rfield=&usertype=&formaction=search&bUseEditor=&IncludeHTML=&gpn=&gpv=&keyword=&match=and&catID1=13&catID2=145&catID3=&catID4=&sortmethod=rel+desc%2C+datemodified&submitbutton=Go)

That did the trick for me...thanks. Vista WILL be a lot more secure because of those security restrictions. I'm a believer. :cool: