PDA

View Full Version : TWF Solo Build Request

Xirxx
08-23-2007, 04:31 PM
I played a Fighter and Cleric to 10.9 before the expansions and decided to play again an would like to roll something new.

I do like pure classes but I don't think this is viable now.

Here are my constraints:

28 point build only :(
TWF
Solo-able but also a good grouper
not a Warforge
not a Drow (can't make)
not a Dwarf (if you can help it - I have 2)

That's it! Thanks in advance if anyone builds one for me.

tihocan
08-24-2007, 09:37 AM
not a Drow (can't make)
You got two l10's and can't make a drow? :eek: Couldn't you just work out a bit of favor to unlock them?

nbhs275
08-24-2007, 10:04 AM
solo *** isnt a great idea...the whole lower AC and being the only person for them to attack thing... And it sucks up lots of feats on anything but a fighter. Try pally 3/ rogue 3/ fighter 8.

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 10:30 AM
You got two l10's and can't make a drow? :eek: Couldn't you just work out a bit of favor to unlock them?

I quit before the drow were an unlockable class and am starting over. How much favor do you need?

bandyman1
08-24-2007, 10:43 AM
I quit before the drow were an unlockable class and am starting over. How much favor do you need?

Only 400 bro. No way you don't have that at lvl 10. Just talk to Nix, he is by the Harbormaster's house.......in the Harbor silly :D .

arcane_nite
08-24-2007, 10:49 AM
elf ranger/rogue. 12/2, 13/1, or 12 rngr 1 ftr 1 rogue.

WolfSpirit
08-24-2007, 10:58 AM
When I switched servers from Sarlona to Argonnessen I ground out favor for Drow in 4 days, to lv 5 with a halfling cleric with only a few hours per day to play.
Just run Elite adventures and people will follow...

tihocan
08-24-2007, 12:14 PM
Also, one important question is do you prefer a finesse build or a strength build? A strength one would deal more damage, while a finesse one would have higher to-hit and ability to use ranged weapons efficiently.
Anyway I'd suggest a 1 rogue/X ranger dex build. With traps & locks to make soloing easier. And UMD of course ;) There are probably tons of such builds on these forums, just look around!

Impaqt
08-24-2007, 12:28 PM
Finesse Builds are not so good for solo Play..... I would definatly go STR.... I've got a God base for this type of build already.... But its 32 Point.. I'll see what I can comeup with.

Taerdra
08-24-2007, 12:41 PM
Have to agree with the majority here...

Rogue 1/Ranger 11+ is the way to go. You can go STR based and still get all the 2WF feats for free, fire bows for kiting, use shield where needed, and self-heal at will. AC will be a problem especially at low levels and will be very gear dependent at higher levels. I personally would go Human for the Adaptability benefits, Versatility (nice change coming in mod5), and ability to get away with a lower INT due to the extra skill point. Elf will work fine as well.

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 01:15 PM
Only 400 bro. No way you don't have that at lvl 10. Just talk to Nix, he is by the Harbormaster's house.......in the Harbor silly :D .

Again, I played before they had favor instituted. It was not in at release.

To answer some questions:

I want to go the STR route and not Finesse.
Here is a sample build that I did and I am sure it needs work. Feel free to pick it apart!

Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 2.70
DDO Character Planner Home Page (http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO)
Level 14 Lawful Good Halfling Male
(1 Rogue \ 13 Ranger)
Hit Points: 146
Spell Points: 152
BAB: 13\13\18\23
Fortitude: 9
Reflex: 14
Will: 6
Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Stats Modified Stats
Abilities (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 15 17
Dexterity 15 16
Constitution 10 10
Intelligence 10 10
Wisdom 12 12
Charisma 10 10
Starting Feat/Enhancement
Base Skills Modified Skills
Skills (Level 1) (Level 14)
Balance 4 5
Bluff 0 0
Concentration 0 0
Diplomacy 0 0
Disable Device 4 17
Haggle 0 0
Heal 1 1
Hide 5 8
Intimidate 0 0
Jump 2 5
Listen 1 3
Move Silently 6 22
Open Lock 6 19
Perform n/a n/a
Repair 0 0
Search 4 16
Spot 5 8
Swim 2 3
Tumble 5 6
Use Magic Device 4 4

Level 1 (Rogue)
Feat: (Selected) Toughness
Enhancement: Rogue Damage Boost I
Level 2 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Undead
Level 3 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Dodge
Level 4 (Ranger)
Level 5 (Ranger)
Level 6 (Ranger)
Feat: (Favored Enemy) Favored Enemy: Animal
Feat: (Selected) Two Weapon Defense
Level 7 (Ranger)
Level 8 (Ranger)
Level 9 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Weapon Focus: Slashing Weapons
Level 10 (Ranger)
Level 11 (Ranger)
Level 12 (Ranger)
Feat: (Selected) Power Critical
Level 13 (Ranger)
Level 14 (Ranger)

Darkwolf
08-24-2007, 01:22 PM
It should be retro-active, unless you deleted your old toons?

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 01:33 PM
It should be retro-active, unless you deleted your old toons?

I did not delete but favor was not in when I was playing.

Impaqt
08-24-2007, 01:44 PM
I did not delete but favor was not in when I was playing.

Have you actually looked at your Quest logs? Hes saying that when you log in your Favor should update for all the quests you completed.

Darkwolf
08-24-2007, 02:01 PM
Have you actually looked at your Quest logs? Hes saying that when you log in your Favor should update for all the quests you completed.
Correct. If you have done so and still do not have the favor, you should be able to get it by contacting a DM or posting in the appropriate area here.

Bottom line is, If you have done the quests, the favor is already yours. You just may have to ask for it.

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM

OOOOH! really? No, I haven't actually logged into the account. I just re-upped yesterday. Do you get favor once per elite or mutliple times?

Sorry about all of that. I did not understand that it was retro-active. I am sure I have 400 favor then.

Darkwolf
08-24-2007, 02:05 PM
Once. Basically, if a quest is worth 18 points, you get 6 for norm, 12 (Norm+6) for Hard, and 18 (Norm+Hard+6) for Elite.

Once you have the 18, that's it. You are 'capped' for that quest.

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 02:10 PM
Once. Basically, if a quest is worth 18 points, you get 6 for norm, 12 (Norm+6) for Hard, and 18 (Norm+Hard+6) for Elite.

Once you have the 18, that's it. You are 'capped' for that quest.

Per character?

Darkwolf
08-24-2007, 02:22 PM
Yes, Favor is per character. They each have to do the quests seperatly and do not have a 'comman pool' for total favor.

Once you 'unlock' Drow or 32 points, however, it is unlocked for your account. YOu can delete and reroll all of your toons including the one you unlocked it with and roll new drow/32 point chars instead. (Each server must be unlocked seperatly.)

Impaqt
08-24-2007, 02:51 PM
OK, Check the ranger forum for my 28Pt Human tWF SOloist build.. It came out rather nice....

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 02:56 PM
Yes, Favor is per character. They each have to do the quests seperatly and do not have a 'comman pool' for total favor.

Once you 'unlock' Drow or 32 points, however, it is unlocked for your account. YOu can delete and reroll all of your toons including the one you unlocked it with and roll new drow/32 point chars instead. (Each server must be unlocked seperatly.)

Wow that is great! If I have done EVERY mission that was active at release on one character. How much favor will I have? Or.. is there a website that lists favor per mission?

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 02:58 PM
OK, Check the ranger forum for my 28Pt Human tWF SOloist build.. It came out rather nice....

Thanks! Checking it out now!

Kalanth
08-24-2007, 03:45 PM
I will have to work out some of the finer details on it, but I am working on a strength based TWF character myself. Paladin 3 / Fighter 4 (or 5) / Ranger 6 (or 7). I have not decided what to do with the last level, but I am pretty sure I am going to go with Fighter because when Mod 6 drops and level cap goes up to 16 I will be able to go up to Fighter 6 and get two feats at 15th. The concept, not finalized, is designed around wielding Long Sword in one hand and a rapier or dagger in the other. With the 6 fighter levels at 15 it would give both Piercing and Slashing Weapon Focus and Specialization, along with both Piercing and Slashing Improved Critical. Right now, the build would have a base of 20 str without any tomes assuming a Human with starting 16 Str and 16 Dex (for dex).

Like I said, working out the kinks in the system but I will be trying this out pretty soon (as my first real diversion from Warforged characters).

Xirxx
08-24-2007, 07:00 PM
UGH.. I have about 1500 total favor BUT spread across three players :(

Oh well!