PDA

View Full Version : possible to toggle opening video

qes
08-23-2007, 11:02 AM
Have any others had a issue with stopping the video thing from happening? So far I am haveing a 40 percent reliabilty of stopping the video.

NameisToad
08-23-2007, 11:16 AM
I went into the game folders on the hard drive and renamed the movie files. They never play. :)

I'm not at home, so I can't be 100% certain of the folder names, but I think it's Program Files\turbine\Stormreach\raw and then change the name of the file in there, and go into the one folder and change the name of the file in there... could be wrong though.

Mark_G
08-23-2007, 11:21 AM
OP--I was having a similar problem after never having an issue with the opening movie. What is currently working for me (when hitting the spacebar doesn't work) is to click my left mouse button and then the spacebar (or enter key or whatever).

Hope this helps.

Desmodus
08-23-2007, 11:34 AM
To remove the movie and turbine logo entirely and go straight to that copyright screen:

1.) Go to the folders for the hard drive where DDO is installed.

2.) Find the Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach folder and click on it.

3.) Once inside, fine the folder labeled "raw" and click on this.

4.) There should be a file named turbine_logo.bik. Rename this and the logo at the beginning will not play (I use turbine_logo1.bik, in case i ever need to go back to the original)

5.) There should also be another folder in this file named "en". Go inside this folder.

6.) Inside that folder is a file named DDO_intro_cinematic.bik. Rename this one as well (again, i recommend the previously stated naming conventions).

7.) Enjoy not having to worry about skipping the video and the turbine logo :D

Disclaimer: Although this worked for me, i take no responsibility if it screws up your game, so buyer beware :o

qes
08-25-2007, 08:00 AM
That sounds good will give that a try.

Riddikulus
08-25-2007, 08:09 AM
OP--I was having a similar problem after never having an issue with the opening movie. What is currently working for me (when hitting the spacebar doesn't work) is to click my left mouse button and then the spacebar (or enter key or whatever).

Hope this helps.
Mark G has hit the nail on the head.

The problem is that the DDO client almost never gets mouse focus because the launcher has it and for whatever reason doesn't pass it.

So left clicking on the "Turbine" screen and hitting escape a couple times will always get you to the loading screen.

Ananvil
08-25-2007, 09:43 AM
To remove the movie and turbine logo entirely and go straight to that copyright screen:

1.) Go to the folders for the hard drive where DDO is installed.

2.) Find the Dungeons and Dragons Online: Stormreach folder and click on it.

3.) Once inside, fine the folder labeled "raw" and click on this.

4.) There should be a file named turbine_logo.bik. Rename this and the logo at the beginning will not play (I use turbine_logo1.bik, in case i ever need to go back to the original)

5.) There should also be another folder in this file named "en". Go inside this folder.

6.) Inside that folder is a file named DDO_intro_cinematic.bik. Rename this one as well (again, i recommend the previously stated naming conventions).

7.) Enjoy not having to worry about skipping the video and the turbine logo :D

Disclaimer: Although this worked for me, i take no responsibility if it screws up your game, so buyer beware :o

Awesome, thanks!

cridus
08-25-2007, 10:49 AM
Left click once, press ESC twice, there your at the loading screen, takes all the 2 seconds

gorloch
08-25-2007, 02:25 PM
Generally I have to left click the mouse then I hit enter till it brings up the load screen (usually only twice, sometimes I get lucky with only once).

PIXA

qes
08-27-2007, 09:38 AM
That seems to have done the trick, renameing those two files.