PDA

View Full Version : Alignment Matter?

Khurse
08-23-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi all

Made a true neutral cleric, just thought I'd ask if this will impact anything endgame (or pre end game) I know some weapons you need to be of good alignment, and that apparently some badguys do extra damage to good aligned characters, other than that though is there any reason to choose good?
(have I missed something about spells. or some high lvl gear?)

Also is a 10 Con (starting) going to kill me?
(new char, have no access to tomes or anything fancy)
Went 10-10-10-8-18-14

Thanks as always for any advice!

Beherit_Baphomar
08-23-2007, 08:54 AM
True neutral is really best for someone with UMD. True neutral would allow a UMD user access to basically all weapons in the game. It also stops the damage from those damn evil aligned archers that are everywhere ingame now, and will be moreso come MOD 5.

Personally I prefer Chaotic Good over just about any alignment. True Neutral for a rogue or bard with high UMD, CG for a cleric or barbarian.

Starting CON of 10? Well, thats what my 14 paladin has/had and he has ended up with over 300 HP's. He took toughness though, something you probably wont have room to take. Being a cleric you have access to self healing so 10 CON, imo, will not be an issue for you. That said, HP's are king in endgame content at the moment, and I dont see that changing any time soon, but you are not a melee combatant unless you are a battlecleric. If you are a BC, then 10 CON is gonna make you paperthin and you need to fix it.

PurdueDave
08-23-2007, 09:15 AM
Hi all

Made a true neutral cleric, just thought I'd ask if this will impact anything endgame (or pre end game) I know some weapons you need to be of good alignment, and that apparently some badguys do extra damage to good aligned characters, other than that though is there any reason to choose good?
(have I missed something about spells. or some high lvl gear?)

Also is a 10 Con (starting) going to kill me?
(new char, have no access to tomes or anything fancy)
Went 10-10-10-8-18-14

Thanks as always for any advice!

You're fine. There's a few items you're missing on but nothing terribly important, especially for back line cleric. Neutral's due for some item love anyway.