PDA

View Full Version : Looting

shoebox747
08-23-2007, 06:16 AM
This may sound like a stuip question to all the experts out there, but i have a level 14 ranger capped. he is capped in every single gh quest expect for madstone and cruciable i have done prison of planes 59 times it says, and all the other gh quests for a total of around 80 times. So all together around 140 i want to say. During all of that the most i have pulled is 1 paralyzer and a +6 con item while so many people have vorpals and that stuff hardly running the stuff is there something wrong that im doing or what?

Borror0
08-23-2007, 06:23 AM
During all of that the most i have pulled is 1 paralyzer and a +6 con item while so many people have vorpals and that stuff hardly running the stuff is there something wrong that im doing or what?

Looting only has to do with luck and repetition. There more you loot, the more items you may pull. You have done nothing wrong.

Veltar
08-23-2007, 06:39 AM
i no the longer you wait to loot the chest outta pop and or other gianthold quests the better your chances of not getting ****. I can tell you a +6 con item is rare indeed. I myself have yet to pull that. I have gotten some sweet stuff from running pop and other quests. Here is a list,

POP
+1 vorpal dwarven axe
+6 dex gloves
+1 Vorpal Throwing Returning axe of pwr 1
Deaths locket
Dream Visor

And many more weapons, and some armor. Just need to feel lucky i think =)
GL hF

blakbyrd
08-23-2007, 08:38 AM
It is all basically just random luck. I understand your frustration though. I have been playing since withing 4 hours of day 1 of headstart, and I put in way more than the average players does in hourly playtime per week. I used to belong to a guild that did little else but constant loot runs day after day. I have been through many capped characters, etc.

Through all that, since day 1 of headstart, I only just recently pulled my first paralyzer (never pulled a vorpal, smiter, etc), and a couple weeks ago pulled my very first and only tome (+1 CHA). All the while, having know people who have pulled 20 tomes in 6 months, people with 10-15+ power 5 items in less time, etc.

Kinda frustrating, but it's all blind luck in the rolls used to generate your loot for chests and end rewards. Some people just seem very lucky while others seem very unlucky. It's a debate that will more than likely never end with reasons that can never be proven one way or the other. As far as Turbine states though, it is simply randomly generated for each person with nothing allowing for that generation process to be affected in any way (ie: the old tale of using diplomacy on a chest...haha).

Tulmeel
08-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Speaking as a lowbie, I have a Lot of low level characters.

Some of these characters lead a charmed life. Everything they pull is the best in the chest. Other characters are lucky if they pull high level vendor trash.

Luck seems to follow the character not the player. I have a pally the that is underwriting my wiz, despite money spent on healing wands.

Delzon
08-23-2007, 11:46 AM
I do think character class has some to do with it, since the loot tables are geared to that end. I know on my cleric or sorc I don't pull longswords, bastard, or twohanded swords because the class doesn't use them. The only vorpral in my loot table would be a sickle which is rare. A Pally in my guild has pulled so many vorprals he was giving them away to those who didn't have one yet (Thanks for the vorpral axe McD!). All I know is that when we do pop runs those of us who have clerics roll a D20 and low man has to bring the cleric, or we will sometimes just run without one.

negative
08-29-2007, 10:11 AM
I do think character class has some to do with it, since the loot tables are geared to that end. I know on my cleric or sorc I don't pull longswords, bastard, or twohanded swords because the class doesn't use them. The only vorpral in my loot table would be a sickle which is rare. A Pally in my guild has pulled so many vorprals he was giving them away to those who didn't have one yet (Thanks for the vorpral axe McD!). All I know is that when we do pop runs those of us who have clerics roll a D20 and low man has to bring the cleric, or we will sometimes just run without one.

Just a note, only the quest turn in rewards are based on class. Chests are random.

Mad_Bombardier
08-29-2007, 10:18 AM
Just a note, only the quest turn in rewards are based on class. Chests are random.And End Rewards will soon have a 'random' option (see WDA).

sjwalker1973
09-08-2007, 10:20 AM
This may sound like a stuip question to all the experts out there, but i have a level 14 ranger capped. he is capped in every single gh quest expect for madstone and cruciable i have done prison of planes 59 times it says, and all the other gh quests for a total of around 80 times. So all together around 140 i want to say. During all of that the most i have pulled is 1 paralyzer and a +6 con item while so many people have vorpals and that stuff hardly running the stuff is there something wrong that im doing or what?

The only reason my toon has the loot he does, is because I've been playing since pre release. I play this game at least 3 or 4 days a week and repeat the looting quests to get loot to either sell or use from chests. There are still things I have never seen or looted from chests. It takes a lot of time and luck. Be patient. Good things come to those who are persistant.

cdbd3rd
09-08-2007, 10:37 AM
... Be patient. Good things come to those who are persistent.

One of the many lost gems from the infamous forum data loss was jjflanigan's thread documenting his hundreds of runs into Wiz King.
Had to be the icon of persistence. Or of obsession, one of the two. :D

Tenkari_Rozahas
09-08-2007, 11:10 AM
heh, I deem its reandom, but mostly account flagged, meaning more than likely you'll pull the same stuff across yoru chars, though there are small chances you can go better or worse than them.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-08-2007, 06:17 PM
One of the many lost gems from the infamous forum data loss was jjflanigan's thread documenting his hundreds of runs into Wiz King.
Had to be the icon of persistence. Or of obsession, one of the two. :D

Was he doing the wiz king too? I remember the one about Whisperdoom....