PDA

View Full Version : The problem with parties (and the joining thereof)

rootATdarkstar
08-22-2007, 11:15 PM
I seem to have encountered a glitch in the party joining system, and I was wondering if any other community members have had this problem.

Occasionally when someone is trying to join my party and I accept their request, they don't actually join. I get the message in the party window that they have joined the party, but their name is not added to my list of party members. I have had to simply type '/invite <theirnamehere>' to get around it. I don't recall having any trouble with this premerge, but I don't really remember. So I just wanted to see if it was a wide-range problem or if it was simply limited to me.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-22-2007, 11:20 PM
it could be because people still haven't changed their name if they had to, could be a glitch if more than one person with the same name is on...

Uska
08-22-2007, 11:20 PM
sometimes there seems to be a delay in when they are added to the party it maybe because they are loading from or into a tavern or other instance.

Shade
08-23-2007, 12:18 AM
Yea can be a few reason:

You cant join a party while teleporting - IE there loading a new zone while you hit accept.
You cant join a raid group while in a non-raid dungeon, or vice-versa - they might be in a dungeon.
You cant join a group while your in another party - possibly they asked to join 2 lfms and another one accepted quicker, or that they got a quick invite soon as they joined and accepted that.
Lag, i'v seen it take like 30 seconds from the time I hit accept to the time there actually in the party, due to lag.
There no longer logged in.

Karethon
08-23-2007, 09:22 AM
I would have to say it's lag. I have seen it recently using LFM's, invites from the Guild UI, or direct /invite commands. If you wait the 30 seconds or so, everything will update properly.

I have seen the same sort of thing when trying to post an LFM - get everything set up and check the box, and it immediately unchecks. Think to yourself "did I double-click that?" so you try again...depending on whether it has happened to you before, repeatedly. I have seen it enough that if it doesn't take the click after the 2nd try, I apologize to the party for the spam and wait for the flood of "The party leader has change the quest..." messages to come through.

flowmaster
08-23-2007, 11:56 AM
This happened consistently on several of my characters shortly after the merge, not changing instances or anything, just standing still in the Market or Harbor. In one party the leader had to give the star to another to get me in, he had no problem but the previous leader could not get me in to the party either through the lfm or direct /invite. I haven't had any problem since the maintenance update on the Monday following the merge.

Mercules
08-23-2007, 12:41 PM
This happened consistently on several of my characters shortly after the merge, not changing instances or anything, just standing still in the Market or Harbor. In one party the leader had to give the star to another to get me in, he had no problem but the previous leader could not get me in to the party either through the lfm or direct /invite. I haven't had any problem since the maintenance update on the Monday following the merge.

Which might mean that the one party leader was lagging and the other was not. I attribute it to lag and the timeout on the request. I've had it happen with an invite where I was lagging(my ISP likes to reboot servers during some of my play time), I accepted and then was not in the party even though my chat log said I had joined them.