PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement bonuses

zesteal
08-22-2007, 01:22 PM
Do enhancement bonuses from action points stack? If my wizard spends 2 action points to gain a +1 bonus to intelligence, and then later spends 4 action points to gain the +2 bonus, is her total increase +2 or +3? Thank you in advance for your help.

ArkoHighStar
08-22-2007, 01:28 PM
your total is +2, the enhancements are +1,+2 and +3
for enhancements lvl 1-3

Mad_Bombardier
08-22-2007, 01:30 PM
2 will get you +1 = 1
4 will get you +1 = 2
6 will get you +1 = 3

It's 12 APs for +3 stat.

zesteal
08-22-2007, 01:34 PM
wow; 12 ap for a +3 bonus; doesnt seem worth it to me. Nor the 12 ap you would have to spend to decrease your metamagic point cost by 20%. Thanks for the help, you have helped me better map out my character.

ArkoHighStar
08-22-2007, 01:40 PM
wow; 12 ap for a +3 bonus; doesnt seem worth it to me. Nor the 12 ap you would have to spend to decrease your metamagic point cost by 20%. Thanks for the help, you have helped me better map out my character.

For a wizard int is very important as it determines bonuses to spell points and spell penetration. remember the 12 points is spread out through the levels so the level 3 bonus is only available at lvl 10, and getting your int as high as possible for 12 out of a current 56 action points is not that bad

Dariuss
08-22-2007, 01:43 PM
Oh yah, it's important.. i think all of my characters have the max enhancements for their primary stat.

Especially casters though.. not only will it give more spell points, it'll also up the DC of your spells and such.

PS. Remember you want to keep your stats at even numbers, so if getting the +3 enhancement puts oyu at an odd numebr it's not oging to help you ntil you get an odd numbered item or eat a tome or soemthing.

Beherit_Baphomar
08-22-2007, 01:52 PM

Its most definetly worth it. If you only ever got 12 AP's then this is where they should go, on any build, on any race, on any class.

Think about it as you want to be the best you can be, you want to have the most fun with your character...you built him to do a job, each class has a job to do, barbarians kill with big axie things, casters crowd control/buff with spell points and kill with spell points/DC checks. You want to max whatever stat does your job for you, i.e max INT on wizards, max CHA on sorcerers, max CON on barbarians.

tihocan
08-22-2007, 03:24 PM
It's actually not necessarily worth it, but often there aren't many other enhancements really worth investing in anyway.

Borror0
08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
Oh yah, it's important.. i think all of my characters have the max enhancements for their primary stat.

Especially casters though.. not only will it give more spell points, it'll also up the DC of your spells and such.

Well, 6 APs is expensive... I only buy the third enhancement if it's really worth it. I can most of the time get better for 6 APs. However, it is a no-brainer for a caster: Max Int/Cha!