PDA

View Full Version : The Return of the Longblade Sorcerer [a build by request]

spifflove
08-22-2007, 12:21 PM
The return of the Longblade Sorcerer: A build by request

Purpose: To creat a durable fighter mage with the side effect of reposting an updated version of the long defunct Longblade Sorcerer, anonymous author.

Level 14 Human

Str 17 (+1 levels, +6 item= 24)
Dex 08
Con 14
Int 08
Wis 08
Cha 17 (+2 levels; +3 Sorcerer, +1 Paladin +6 item +1 tome =30)

Feats

Level 1: Wf slashed (or open for other feats such as bastard sword)
Level 3: Maximize
Level 6: Extend
Level 9: Heighten
Level 12: Edit: Open. Suggest power critical.

Enhancements -
All desired sorcerer inhancements
Human charisma
Paladin attack boost
Paladin save boost

Skills -
Concentration and either balance or jump

Here is the basic Breakdown.

To hit-

8 Basic
7 strength (Edit 10.5)
4 Greater Hero
1 Haste
1 Rage
5 Weapon
-------
+ 26 {edit 29.5}

Withe tensors transformation, it will be even better still.

Damage

7 Str
1 Rage
5 Weapon
-------
+ 13

Weapon of choice: Great Ax

Criticals: Up to 60 per swing

AC --Potential

12 - + 5 Mithril chain shirt and dex
7 - + 5 Mitheral Heavy Sheild [with a one handed weapon]
2 - Chaos Guards
2 - Invaders Ring
4 - + 4 protection Ring
1 - Haste
10 - Basic Ac
2-1 paladin
-------
39 ac. This will not be great for endgame so a set of fearsome armor will be mandatory and you will have to hide behind the main tank, perhaps in the same spot the main tank is fighting in.

Saves --
+5 to all saves (Divine favor)
+1 to all saves (Divine favor enhancement)
+3 to all saves (mummy bat)
con 15 dex 15 Wis 16

HP --
116 base
30 greater false life
36 con item
14 rage
196 total

Mana --A cool 1000+, 1200 with item. [more since mod]

Spells
Level 1- Expeditious Retreat, shield, magic missle, niacs
Level 2- Web, Rage, Scortching ray, Blur, knock
Level 3- Haste, Lightning bolt, Protection from Energy
Level 4- Solid fog, Firewall, stone skin
Level 5- Cloudkill, cone of cold
Level 6- Tenser Transformation or Greater Hero

Warforged version:
Level 14 Human

Str 18 (+3 levels, +6 item +1 tome= 28)
Dex 08
Con 16
Int 08
Wis 06
Cha 14 ( +3 Sorcerer, +6 item +1 tome =24)

Concerning survival as a warforged with no armor or dexterity: Since you dont want to be dex based unless you are an elf, you will have to rely on your immunities, blur, your heavy fort using a mod fort item racial ability, and of course, expeditious retreat. Displacement is also highly desireable.

jkm
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
you can't take sorc cha and pally cha together

Jakylpops
08-22-2007, 01:17 PM
You cannot post a multiclass character without including some kind of level breakdown...and no you Can't take Sorc AND Pally Cha at the same time...although I see you DID forget to include the Human +1 bonus.

Back to the drawing board sir.

spifflove
08-22-2007, 08:50 PM
Well that was easy enough to fix. Levels one and two will be paladin. when you run out of sp you can suit up in a nice adamantine +5 fullplate and shield untiil you find a shrine.

Staedtler
08-25-2007, 07:01 AM
Sigh

You have to pick another level 12 feat. At 2pal/10sorc you'll only have BAB 7. Toughness is best.

Gtr false life items give you 30 hp, not 20.

No displacement?

So do you plan on using a greataxe or running around with a shield?

If you're using a greataxe you've calculated damage incorrectly. It's 1.5xstrength.

Back to drawing board, sir.

Xyfiel
08-25-2007, 08:06 AM
Rozial Longblade

Staedtler
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Just noticed another error with this build.

Starting at 8 dex, +2 tome, +6 item you cap out at 16 dex. Your AC will be 3 lower since you won't be able to fulfill the +6 max dex bonus of a mithral chain shirt.

If you're intent on posting builds, please please please compose them using a character builder http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=87799
This will get rid of a lot of the silly errors posted in this build.

binnsr
08-25-2007, 06:58 PM
If you're intent on posting builds, please please please compose them using a character builder http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=87799

Funny .. I've seen a tendancy to not want to use the character builder (at least in the post itself) for readability reasons. Ron has a very nice tool built there, but I (and, from reading builds, many other members of the community) don't really care for the format.

I use my own character building tool that, in provides more of the calculations that a typical builder will post than the other tools out there (although I do use Ron's feat and enhancements lists to generate mine).
Bottom line, just because it's not wrapped in a code tag, doesn't mean that it was all done in someone's head..

Staedtler
08-25-2007, 07:43 PM
I'm not too concerned with the format. My point is that using a character builder will avoid silly mistakes like paladin+sorc charisma and taking feats you're not qualified for.

binnsr
08-25-2007, 08:14 PM
I agree with the need to not make silly mistakes like we're seeing in this build, and I probably misinterpreted your post completely ..

As I said, I do use a character planner for my builds, it's just not Ron's and not readily apparent looking at them :D

spifflove
08-26-2007, 11:31 AM
Rozial Longblade

Was that his posting name or character name? Did he quit the game?

spifflove
08-26-2007, 11:32 AM
Just noticed another error with this build.

Starting at 8 dex, +2 tome, +6 item you cap out at 16 dex. Your AC will be 3 lower since you won't be able to fulfill the +6 max dex bonus of a mithral chain shirt.

Ok I fixed those. The point is that damage and killing things quickly is more important than armor class in this game. However once you run out of mana you can put on some higher AC and be more survivable than a naked sorcerer. Yes naked sorcerers if they are rich will be far from helpless but this comes at a cost.

spifflove
08-26-2007, 11:37 AM
I'm not too concerned with the format. My point is that using a character builder will avoid silly mistakes like paladin+sorc charisma and taking feats you're not qualified for.

Ok well its true that when I am making a build that is not true and dear to my heart and is by request and over my lunch hour there will be some mistakes. I know that is unacceptable. But they are fixable and no one died. Anyway here is the build I actually play:

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117717

spifflove
08-26-2007, 11:38 AM
Sigh

You have to pick another level 12 feat. At 2pal/10sorc you'll only have BAB 7. Toughness is best.

Gtr false life items give you 30 hp, not 20.

No displacement?

So do you plan on using a greataxe or running around with a shield?

If you're using a greataxe you've calculated damage incorrectly. It's 1.5xstrength.

Back to drawing board, sir.

Great ax mostly unless no spell points or buffs then use a sword and board. Displacement inmho is too costly. You can use scrolls for big fights.

Xyfiel
08-27-2007, 01:20 AM
Was that his posting name or character name? Did he quit the game?

That was his Forum name, wasn't on his server so can't say for character name. I remember discussing builds(batman builds at that, kept one of the posts) with him a year before the game was released, and have not seen him in some time.

Heck I am at the point of quitting, and that included 8 months of at sea time since release. Course I play a lot when I am in port. Just running out of fun things to do. 2 more chars to cap, and a ton of favor/raid grinding just doesn't have any appeal.

spifflove
08-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Well this build was designed for permadeath play. Why not give that a shot? It might extend your shore time.