PDA

View Full Version : Is there ever a chance of getting...



Gaermain
08-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Wands of Grease put into the game?

Please??

;)

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-22-2007, 09:25 AM
Wands of Grease put into the game?

Please??

;)

as if grease clickys werent bad enough....

blakbyrd
08-22-2007, 09:37 AM
Wands of Grease put into the game?

Please??

;)

I believe they are called summoned defenders that some classes get. Probably the most annoying and group non-friendly addition to the game.

Casting grease for fun in safe situation is fine. But casting grease on your party members in a battle isnt (not for me), but instead of having grease wands where we could control the casting of grease during a battle we get character summoned dogs who do nothing but spam cast it precisely in the battle...how annoying :P

However, for those casters that truely love the spell, keep it mem'd. It lasts longer and is harder to resist...all around better. If it's not worth memming, then why should it be available in mass quantities?

Generally, I only ever see it used as jokes and fun against other players, and quite often its just seen as an annoyance by those becoming the recipient of it all the time. Personally I am mor ein favor of someone simply having 3-5 clicks of it, rather than having to sit through 50 charges of it.

Mad_Bombardier
08-22-2007, 10:11 AM
Wands of Grease put into the game?

Please??

;):D How about grease pots? And make them throwable (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#throwSplashWeapon) instead of target self clickies. :) Oooh, and make them inflammable with fire spells. :D

Vinos
08-22-2007, 10:14 AM
I believe they are called summoned defenders that some classes get. Probably the most annoying and group non-friendly addition to the game.

Casting grease for fun in safe situation is fine. But casting grease on your party members in a battle isnt (not for me), but instead of having grease wands where we could control the casting of grease during a battle we get character summoned dogs who do nothing but spam cast it precisely in the battle...how annoying :P

However, for those casters that truely love the spell, keep it mem'd. It lasts longer and is harder to resist...all around better. If it's not worth memming, then why should it be available in mass quantities?

Generally, I only ever see it used as jokes and fun against other players, and quite often its just seen as an annoyance by those becoming the recipient of it all the time. Personally I am mor ein favor of someone simply having 3-5 clicks of it, rather than having to sit through 50 charges of it.

sadly it isn't harder to resist. the save is the same diff regardless. Spells like heighten don't affect it either. Which is a shame becuase I would love to bust out a heightened, extend grease sometimes. With my INT mod, etc there would be alot of party members on thier rear.

JelloMold
08-22-2007, 10:17 AM
:D How about grease pots? And make them throwable (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#throwSplashWeapon) instead of target self clickies. :) Oooh, and make them inflammable with fire spells. :D

That would be a great tactic for using them offensively as well. Imagine throwing down a grease on a mob and then lighting it with a fireball. Long, long ago when I played P&P we made molotov coctails on a quest with fire sensitive baddies.

Burn baby burn, DDO inferno!

Ziggy
08-22-2007, 10:41 AM
:D How about grease pots? And make them throwable (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/combat/specialAttacks.htm#throwSplashWeapon) instead of target self clickies. :) Oooh, and make them inflammable with fire spells. :D
If they made splash weapons we could finally get SWARMS (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/monsters/swarm.htm):D

blakbyrd
08-22-2007, 02:10 PM
Well the kobolds get those throwable fire pots...so they do exist in a similar form already, just that we cant have them. Similar to hobs getting polearms that we cant have. They exist though, so creating them is a non-issue really. It's just that apparently the Devs have decided that we cannot have them or they wouldnt have specifically been removed from any form or means a player can get.

As for getting things we dont have, I still want polearms and other weapon types, like whips, flails, mancatchers, etc. Oh and lets not forget the doublemace that has been on the AH for a long time and has yet to materialize into anything. I guess they are comming though since the AH has been reorganized with new catagories added and such and the Devs didnt bother to remove it.

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-22-2007, 02:25 PM
Well the kobolds get those throwable fire pots...so they do exist in a similar form already, just that we cant have them. Similar to hobs getting polearms that we cant have. They exist though, so creating them is a non-issue really. It's just that apparently the Devs have decided that we cannot have them or they wouldnt have specifically been removed from any form or means a player can get.

Those arent fire pots, those are alchemist's fire... from what i remember, those are actually used to temporarily make your weapons flaming.... never saw them used as firebombs before DDO though.

Emili
08-22-2007, 02:36 PM
What is really interesting is that grease is one of the few spells in DDO which works similar to DnD in the fact that it effexts everyine in the area not just opponents.

Ziggy
08-22-2007, 02:41 PM
What is really interesting is that grease is one of the few spells in DDO which works similar to DnD in the fact that it effexts everyine in the area not just opponents.
and 80% of the population finds it graet, and the other 20 % hates it.:D

In_Like_Flynn
08-22-2007, 02:45 PM
and 80% of the population finds it graet, and the other 20 % hates it.:DI find that 50% love it, and 50% hate it. The other 50% are no good at math and are not worth polling.

Emili
08-22-2007, 02:54 PM
I find that 50% love it, and 50% hate it. The other 50% are no good at math and are not worth polling.

lmao

Laith
08-22-2007, 02:55 PM
and 80% of the population finds it graet, and the other 20 % hates it.:D
i though it was great. until a guildy decided to try and actually use it in a fight.

today, i think i will make the point that BEFORE the fight it is fine. DURING the fight, it is not. however, it is always acceptable to use to help or hinder someone traversing a ramp. Except in VoN2.

Emili
08-22-2007, 03:01 PM
i though it was great. until a guildy decided to try and actually use it in a fight.

today, i think i will make the point that BEFORE the fight it is fine. DURING the fight, it is not. however, it is always acceptable to use to help or hinder someone traversing a ramp. Except in VoN2.

I have used it very effectively in application... a few things to note is to be selective in target not a tab spamming caster. The other thing to note is that the spell is effective even in elite higher levels on some mob... plus by then your group members are buffed up on freedom of movement most the time.

binnsr
08-22-2007, 03:02 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XidR5wCyBrA
or
how not to use grease.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZ1oMFrWxg

Laith
08-22-2007, 03:05 PM
I have used it very effectively in application..to date, i'm fairly certain that he has only effectively taught me where a few divets in SC & other terrains are. Useful, but i had never noticed (or been trapped by) them until his greasing prowess enlightened me. :D

honestly, i'm trying to figure out if he does it in fights JUST because he gets frustrated with us, or if from time-to-time he is actually trying to use it effectively (and get even at the same time). :)

i'm going to suggest that, to learn the techniques, he not cast it in the heat of battle for now. unfortunately, knowing him, that'll backfire.

it probably already has, as he tracks my posts, i'm sure.

JelloMold
08-22-2007, 03:12 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XidR5wCyBrA
or
how not to use grease.. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EZ1oMFrWxg

That is hands down the best use of grease I've seen yet! I wonder if the developers designed that slow ramp with all the fire traps just for that purpose.:rolleyes:

Dorthin_Othortin
08-22-2007, 03:30 PM
i just want ddo to work like D&D.......

cast grease on floor,
party fights near or on grease,
party members fall down in grease,
grease gets on party member's gear,
cast fireball on mobs in fight with party
entire party dies in flames that refuse to quit burning!

(dummy party member throws water on friend..........)

Mercules
08-22-2007, 05:55 PM
I used Grease on my Bard with a party that had 2 range based characters and others that "could range" ok. The ramp where you stop the invasion force works great with a few extended Grease cast upon it. Nothing made it up to bother us while we dropped fireballs, arrows, bolts, and throwing axes down on their heads.