PDA

View Full Version : Reaver raid buggy and lever lags out

Riggs
08-22-2007, 07:26 AM
The first time it seemed an anomaly. After the 3rd time out of 4 raids....

You get to the lever ...you move some balls, and pull the lever. By the 2nd pull the lever stops working. No 'You have chosen incorrectly' message, no elementals...nothing. Time goes by, you pull it a few more times just to see if maybe you pulled it wrong the first time...still nothing....two minutes later something actually happens, you get a response...only the markers show up on like the 5th choice because apparently pulling the lever while its not working still counts as using up your pulls.

Raids ends as a fail becase you ran out of time while waiting for the lever to work.

This has been noticed by more than one group, and has happened to our group the last 3 raids - out of 4. (I'll go bug report it tonight when I get home)

there have been other lag issues since the merge (not being able to log back in say, having to reboot just to change characters), but this one is pretty significant it seems.

Vinos
08-22-2007, 07:39 AM
Interesting. Never happened to me personally(I pay 1/2 the rent for the stormreavers inner sanction I am in there so much) but it certainly sounds like a serious bug. My timers reset tonight so I'll be in there testing it.

DareDelvis
08-22-2007, 10:03 PM
Now, maybe it is becuase I run with Riggs, but this has happened to me thrice also.

Pull the puzzle lever and no message of correct v incorrect, but one turn is used.

Vinos
08-22-2007, 10:30 PM
Ran it twice tonight with no issues.

jaitee
08-23-2007, 02:07 AM
ok, i actually know the answer to this question! yay!

see the thing with the puzzle is that, it may not seem like it is not working when you pull the lever, nothing spawns, nothing happens, no white dots, no blacks dots

it is not a bug, it is call step one complete

please do remember this is a puzzle, and even puzzles have many outcomes

so merely what had happen to you was

there was no black dots or white, because all the colors you use were not part of the puzzle

therefore, if it is all gray, then nothing will happen including, no spawns, no progression, the only step you gain is that you now know all the colors that you just chose are not part of the puzzle now

i solo this raid alot lately and i found out, that is wasnt a bug

Riggs
08-23-2007, 07:17 AM
If you pull the lever and no markers come up - then isnt that a failed pull? A failed pull spawns elementals and gives a message.

If a result of no markers gives no message, then that would mean every other type of failed pull gives a message except for one.

That still sounds like a bug.

Onubis
08-23-2007, 07:25 AM
its not
say i do all blue and no blues r in the puzzle at all, then no message will appear but it will appear as a try on the wall with no black or white dots.
no message needs to appear.

Bombalo
08-23-2007, 07:26 AM
The elementals spawn based on the number of black and white dots that you obtain with each solution. So therefor if you get no dots you will have no spawns in the room. This is most common with the first pull if you are doing a series of 1 color or a mix of 2 because there is a decent possibility that those colors will not be in the solution. Secondly, for some reason currently if you get no black and no white dots it does not display a "I am sorry but this solution is incorrect" however it does count towards your pull count. Just make sure that when you are pulling it you check the big board everytime. If you dont get any dots then your colors are completely off.

Spookydodger
08-23-2007, 10:29 AM
This is correct. If you have a puzzle selection with NO colors present in the solution, then you will get no black, no white, and NO VOICE RESPONSE.

It will do nothing besides put another line of colors.

You have to at least get one black or white dot to get a response.

This is what I have found recently.

Riggs
08-23-2007, 05:38 PM
This is correct. If you have a puzzle selection with NO colors present in the solution, then you will get no black, no white, and NO VOICE RESPONSE.

Then it is a bug.

There is either 2 states; you pull the lever and it is the correct solution, and you complete the raid, or you pull the lever and it is NOT the correct solution...in which case you should be getting a message saying it is incorrect.

The amount of dots maybe something that was overlooked, and the lack of a message is occuring whenever there is no dots....but that is something that can be changed.

Riggs
08-25-2007, 10:32 AM

Double checked with the group on one the the raids.

We started with blue, and the end solution had 3 blue. So at no time would any of our lever pulls been able to return a result of 0. (The laggy lever ended in time to finish the quest, but lost about 3-4 pulls worth of time).

Bug.

And again, if no dots results in no response that is also a bug. Either you pull and succeed, or pull and its incorrect.

HumanRogue
08-26-2007, 02:27 PM
Didn't read all the way through the thread, but I've had this happen and every time its happened to me, its been that I haven't had any correct colors on. Its nice when it happens because it doesn't spawn any elementals.

The bug that I've noticed is that it doesn't tell you that your choice is incorrect.