PDA

View Full Version : what alignment works best for wizzy?

Alizan
08-22-2007, 02:59 AM
It has been a while since I played a wizzy but last time I checked I believe neutral was best for this class. Which alignment works best today?

Gennerik
08-22-2007, 07:30 AM
I really don't think it matters for wizards. You're not going to be going for weapons that require certain alignments, so really it comes down to being Good to be able to use the Ring of the Ancestors, or being Neutral to not get the extra damage from Unholy arrows. Personally, my Wizard doesn't have enough HP or a Ring of the Ancestors, so I'm Neutral.

Locathus
08-22-2007, 05:19 PM
It's not a big deal either way. Other than the stuff mentioned above, the "Taint of Evil" effect on a couple of items can be annoying if you are good.

My wizard is good, and if I were to reroll I would probably keep it that way, but it doesn't make a big difference.

Ghoste
08-22-2007, 05:23 PM
Another bonus for true neutral is stability items. Far being uber items by any means, but it's still nice to have the prot +2 and +2 saves at low levels without it increasing the min lvl significantly.

Averroes
08-22-2007, 07:41 PM
If you're lawful you can use the Belt of the Seven Ideals without having 24 umd... potency 7 and spell pen 7.

Much more powerful than that necklace with taint of evil...

Most of the enemies that use alignment damage use pure evil, which is going to hit you regardless, so other than to use items your alignment doesn't make much difference.

Alizan
08-22-2007, 10:29 PM
What's the ring of ancestors do? What about rez rings? Can a wizzy use them? What about the belt mentioned in last post? I don't know what most of these items are.

neutral: stability items which give you +ac and saves and not taking extra damage from unholy arrows.
good: Ring of ancestors??
lawful: Belt of seven ideals with 24 umd which boosts potency to 7 and spell penetration to 7.

I am only concerned with items that I can use. This is a big deal to me. So far it looks to me like lawful is the way to go if I can get the belt. Where do I get it?

Thanks for help guys..

Vinos
08-22-2007, 10:38 PM
What's the ring of ancestors do? What about rez rings? Can a wizzy use them? What about the belt mentioned in last post? I don't know what most of these items are.

neutral: stability items which give you +ac and saves and not taking extra damage from unholy arrows.
good: Ring of ancestors??
lawful: Belt of seven ideals with 24 umd which boosts potency to 7 and spell penetration to 7.

I am only concerned with items that I can use. This is a big deal to me. So far it looks to me like lawful is the way to go if I can get the belt. Where do I get it?

Thanks for help guys..

Those are the same item. It's a 1/day raise dead cliky that you MUST be good aligned to use as there is no UMD check. A general rule of thumb is that unless you have a particular reason otherwise(class or roleplay) be neutral good. It allows you to use both axomatic and anarchic along with pure good with no penalty. Matter less for wizzies unless you are going tank mage type build but I would still suggest either neutral or lawful good.

VonBek
08-22-2007, 10:51 PM
Another bonus for true neutral is stability items. Far being uber items by any means, but it's still nice to have the prot +2 and +2 saves at low levels without it increasing the min lvl significantly.

Agreed.

~Maui_86
08-23-2007, 04:14 PM
IMO i believe neutral is the best alignment for a wizard/sorc because u are immune to alignment based damage. there is no real benefit from being any other alignment other then a very few limited items which can be found on other items anyways.

raise dead ring is kinda cool but being immune to alignment specific damage is much cooler me thinks.

Velorn
08-24-2007, 08:53 AM

My wizzie is true neutral. Best of all worlds for dual wielding daggers when I solo. And full benefit from the invaders ring if ya want to grind out the quest for the tokens. I did:D

RemoJr
08-29-2007, 04:52 AM
chaotic evil, makes firewall more fun >=) but alas, no evil alighnments :(

Magnus_Arcanis
09-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Aparently every character that can be lawful should be lawful good.

Law:
Chaosgardes, Belt of the Seven Ideals, Retribution, some of the banes from Invaders, able to do the law room in PoP, etc...

Chaos:
The vampiric kopesh from the Demon Queen, and.. oh well thats it really as everything else is replaceable.

True Neutral:
Taint of Evil stuff (which is now out classed), and well.. hmm... Greater Stability comes out next mod, but still not as high as what you can get off of other items.

Good:
Ring of the Ancestors, Pure Good Weapons.

For a caster it really doesn't matter to much what your alignment is, but if you want to be in the main stream of things... turbine aparently prefers that most characters choose lawful good as their alignment.