PDA

View Full Version : Favor Question

cridus
08-21-2007, 04:32 PM
When I don't have time to run a long quest with a party i like to return to the harbor and solo the low level content to elite for Favor. I don't have a 32 point character yet, but luckily i have my drow.

My question is, given the amt of favor, if I have done no quests to this point, up to what lvl quests on elite would I need to do to get too 1750 favor. For Instance all lvl 1 party quests on elite, all lvl 2 quests, and so on and so on. Up to what lvl quests need to be fully completed before I hit 1750.

Also when I hit 1750 do I get anything else other than a 32 point build, not being greedy just wondering if there is also anything else.

Thanks for any answers.

Impaqt
08-21-2007, 04:33 PM
1750 Requires aproxomatly every quest to L11ish to be done on Elite

You get a +2 Tome for the character that hits 1750 as well. Your Choice.

cridus
08-21-2007, 05:02 PM
wow, that's going to take me some time

Symar-FangofLloth
08-21-2007, 05:08 PM
Aye, it's long, but nice to have. Something to aim towards when you're bored.

hannika
08-21-2007, 05:22 PM
it is a LOT of work, but don't worry, it's not as much work as it was when the 1750 goal and reward first came out. at that point you had to do almost EVERY quest in the entire game on elite. I managed I think to not have the twilight forge CORE, ghola fan, and east 3 completed up to hard, everything else in the game elite. There've been a few updates since then though so there are more quests and more favor to be had. i'd recommend running what you would run anyway on elite, then filling it in on quests you like or that you know give good favor, then start picking off the annoying ones only if you really need them.

and the reward is worth the work. opening 32 pt builds really helps. a 28 pt build is still good, my main and most beloved character is still the first 28pt build i made when i signed up for a free trial, but those extra 4 points on my alts are really really nice. plus a +2 tome of your choice.

Hafeal
08-21-2007, 05:28 PM
1750 Requires aproxomatly every quest to L11ish to be done on Elite

You get a +2 Tome for the character that hits 1750 as well. Your Choice.

Impaqt is close. I have 2 8th level quest left (Necropolis, of course), 1 10th, and then its all 11th and higher. I am at 1600 favor for my main. I have also done some Gianthold stuff which is all 12+.

Dariuss
08-21-2007, 06:24 PM
Impaqt is close. I have 2 8th level quest left (Necropolis, of course), 1 10th, and then its all 11th and higher. I am at 1600 favor for my main. I have also done some Gianthold stuff which is all 12+.

Well the GH quests on elite give like 20-some-odd favor each, so you could probbaly get up to your 1750 pretty quick just hanging out there.

MrWizard
08-21-2007, 07:27 PM
When I don't have time to run a long quest with a party i like to return to the harbor and solo the low level content to elite for Favor. I don't have a 32 point character yet, but luckily i have my drow.

My question is, given the amt of favor, if I have done no quests to this point, up to what lvl quests on elite would I need to do to get too 1750 favor. For Instance all lvl 1 party quests on elite, all lvl 2 quests, and so on and so on. Up to what lvl quests need to be fully completed before I hit 1750.

Also when I hit 1750 do I get anything else other than a 32 point build, not being greedy just wondering if there is also anything else.

Thanks for any answers.

I usually do quests, level by level, until I get to tenth level. Meaning I try to do them once on elite, all 1st levels and then all second levels, etc... At times I may follow an arc that takes me out of that such as catacombs, tangleroot, etc...

I find that by finishing all the way up to 7...with a few arcs higher than that, on elite and you should be 10th level.
At that point go to gianthold and knock all that stuff out norm/hard/elite (since these will be easy to find good fast groups).
Do not waste time on anything but elite unless you have to, or you feel it may be too hard at your level.

By doing all 7 and lower elite and all 13 and higher elite you will be around your 1750 (including some arcs)...you will probably do some other cool stuff and some nice arcs like threnal and von ....but you will get your 1750 in about 2 weeks this way...fast runs, no conquest and all that junk.

What do you get?
A character that you have taken through all sorts of challenges so you are really good at playing it.
A character with a ton of favor early int he career to make it easier to level.
Ability to build drow and 32 point builds, this is pretty cool.
You also get the fun of starting the whole thing over again....with a new toon!!!! whoo hoo

tihocan
08-22-2007, 09:14 AM
1750 is not really hard to get if you focus on it from the start, i.e. only do quests that give you more favor.
If you keep repeating the same quests for XP, you'll level up a bit faster, but you'll waste time if 1750 favor is your goal.

Beherit_Baphomar
08-22-2007, 11:19 AM
Id recommend not worrying about 1750 favor. Play the game, most parties after level 7ish go in on elite on everything anyways. Next thing you'll look at your favor and you'll be at 1400 and still have plenty of quests to give you XP.

Favor comes to you in this game, only the last 150 or so you need to hunt down.

GHOSTRYDER
08-22-2007, 11:27 AM

hmmmm...he meant every quest through lvl 11 i believe, so id say youre pretty much right on schedule for what he said, if you havent dont any lvl 11 stuff

Idracab
08-22-2007, 12:29 PM
You also get an extra charachter slot.

Hafeal
08-22-2007, 01:00 PM
Well the GH quests on elite give like 20-some-odd favor each, so you could probbaly get up to your 1750 pretty quick just hanging out there.

hmmmm...he meant every quest through lvl 11 i believe, so id say youre pretty much right on schedule for what he said, if you havent dont any lvl 11 stuff

In my 1600 total is Pop on elite, not Crucible but the other giant pre-raid (name escapes me, on hard I think) and some 11th level quests (I'll have to check which ones, CO6 comes to mind for the last several parts maybe?).

So my guess is it probably takes some or all of the 12th level stuff too. Whew, a marathon. I was pleased to finally get Faithful Departed out of the way last night and I think that is an 8 that I forgot to mention earlier (so I had 3 8s left).

:)

ccheath776
08-22-2007, 07:53 PM
wow, that's going to take me some time

Not hard to get now. It was tough when there was a limited number of quests.

Do this and your guaranteed

- Elite all starter and harbor quests.

- Elite all market quests.
- Elite most if not all House P quests
- Elite VON 1 - 5
- Elite LOTD, You dont need LOTD 2 elite unless you want it.
- Searing heights elite
- Cerrilian hill quests elite
- House D quests including CO6 and 3 barrel cove on elite.
- Delara, tempest spine, xoriat cipher. elite
- Most of the Manchurean desert on elite.

Check you favor after doing that and see where you are. You should be near 1750.

I did it from 400 - 1750 in about 3 weeks playing 2 times a week 3 hours each time for a total of 6 hours.

Look up our guild KOTA. I'll help you out. I love doing favor quests. Its fun to do some of them over again.