PDA

View Full Version : 10+ quickbars?

oberon131313
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
There used to be a thread on here about how to create new quickbars once you reached the 10 limit, does anyone know where that went, or remember the command?

Tija
08-20-2007, 08:52 PM
1) "/alias ;newbar /dance"
2) "/alias shortcut ;newbar 101"
3) repeat #2, incrementing by 10, for each additional hotbar you would like (so "/alias shortcut ;newbar 111", "/alias shortcut ;newbar 121", etc.
4) Log out and in, you will now have more than 10 hotbars.

oberon131313
08-20-2007, 09:07 PM
awesome, thank you so much!:D

Yavool
08-23-2007, 01:54 PM
one thing to remember when you set up more bars is that in order to permenantly move the setup of your up (resize, move, etc) you will have to quit out of the game, log on, *don't* open up your new alias'd bars, move bars 1-10 or any of your combat/party/guild windows, hp/sp bar, etc, then quit out of the game to have them permenantly shift to your new parameters. only then can will they stick in their new configuration.

-yav

ErgonomicCat
09-24-2007, 04:31 PM
1) "/alias ;newbar /dance"
2) "/alias shortcut ;newbar 101"
3) repeat #2, incrementing by 10, for each additional hotbar you would like (so "/alias shortcut ;newbar 111", "/alias shortcut ;newbar 121", etc.
4) Log out and in, you will now have more than 10 hotbars.

So, does this imply that there is some macro/scripting available in DDO?

If so, is there a guide to it anywhere? I would love to be able to hotswap items, activate them, and then swap back with a single button....

transtemporal
09-24-2007, 05:29 PM
one thing to remember when you set up more bars is that in order to permenantly move the setup of your up (resize, move, etc) you will have to quit out of the game, log on, *don't* open up your new alias'd bars, move bars 1-10 or any of your combat/party/guild windows, hp/sp bar, etc, then quit out of the game to have them permenantly shift to your new parameters. only then can will they stick in their new configuration.

Just to confirm Yav, you
1) set up the new hotbars using the "/alias ;newbar /dance" "/alias shortcut ;newbar 101" method
2) log out
3) log on
4) move original hotbars 1-10 + any other UI bits, DON'T undock new hotbars yet
5) log out
6) log on
7) undock new hotbars, move into desired screen positions
8) log out
9) log on

And your new hotbars should appear where you positioned them in step 7, along with your 10 original hotbars?

Others have suggested that DDO doesn't save the position of your new hotbars, so I'd have to undock and rearrange them every time I logged on. Would you be so kind as to post a screen shot of what your setup looks like? :)

Cheers,
transtemporal

Cannon
09-24-2007, 05:49 PM
Currently most of my characters are running with 11-13 hotbars. Here is the info and the original thread.

This information comes from the following DDO thread.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=77396

For a while this was bugged. ie using this is an unsupported feature that crashed your client. That was fixed in 4.1 BUT this is STILL UNSUPPORTED. That means that something the devs may change later on may or may not cause issues with this.

What you have to do:

While logged in on the character you want more than 10 hotbars for do:

* /alias add ;newbar /dance
* /alias shortcut ;newbar 101

Then log out and log back in, and you'll have an 11th position in your hotbars.

If you need more, change the /alias shortcut command to be 111 for 12 bars, 121 for 13, etc.

That's how I did it. Unfortunately, my wiz didn't need 12 hotbars, and I don't see any way to destroy those bars.

I currently am running with 12 hotbars on Xer and am liking the extra room. Just wanted to share this with people that may have missed it.

Note:the extra hotbars will not stay up on your screen if you log out. This means you will have to manually undock them each time you log-in.

ps: here are the quotes from the Devs about this.

There is a known issue if you try to setup more than 10 shortcut bars:

Players who try to set up extra toolbars run the risk of rendering their characters unplayable. Under certain conditions, the client will occasionally crash when they try to log in. Under other conditions, the client will crash every time they try to log in, meaning you cannot play that character any longer.

The condition Quarion is speaking of is a little technical, but what the heck - I'll hit you guys with it anyway just cause I believe it's always good to be honest with your customers.

In a nutshell, what's causing the crash is that the UI is attempting to rotate short bars which don't exist yet. The first 10 shortcut bars always exist because I pre-create them when the UI initializes (way before you've completed logging in).

But, the (ahem) "unintented special feature shortcut bars" (those from 11-20) are not pre-created (they're not even supposed to be there). They get created because the shortcut UI detects a shortcut which has no bar to call home (like when you created the alias for /dance and assigned it to shortcut location #191).

So, why is this a problem? There's two packets which are racing each other. The login packet (which is when I rotate the shortcut bars) and the Shortcut Information packet (which tells me what spells/feats/skills to shortcut where).

In the past, the shortcut information packet always beat the player login packet. So, the "extra" shortcut bars were always being created before they were attempted to be rotated. Unfortunately, what's happening here is the login packet is not longer guaranteed to be received before the shortcut information comes down, so those spiffy "special" shortcut bars aren't created yet. Hard to rotate something which doesn't exist yet. If it's been working for you, chances are it'll probably continue working for you. However, no one should start using this until the fix comes in.

I've sumitted the fix, so take heart any players currently down because of it. I don't know when it'll be pushed to you, that's a management/OPs thing. No, the fix does not remove the extra bars - you'll still have them. I'm very sensitive to the fact that you find them useful.

Little history on the extra shortcut bars for you. When DDO was first created, we wanted to players to "unlock" extra shortcut bars through content, say by completing a dungeon or earning favor. They were known as "belts" way back then. This idea was eventually nixed and we shipped with the 10 shortcut bars you see now (mostly due to screen space constraints), but the maximum of 20 always remained - just never supported.

The "Fix went in with 4.1

No because that would require UI changes, along with more code changes. The reason they disappear is because the UI doesn't really acknowledge their existence - they're shadows of the first 10 shortcut bars so the UI doesn't remember them past logout. My primary concern was to get players back into the game as quickly as possible.

I will bump the feature request for 20 shortcut bars and see if it can get on a schedule though.

transtemporal
09-24-2007, 06:12 PM
Currently most of my characters are running with 11-13 hotbars. Here is the info and the original thread.

This information comes from the following DDO thread.
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=77396

Interesting, thanks for the info cannon!