PDA

View Full Version : Drow or elf?

Amabel
08-20-2007, 01:22 AM
Assuming no access to 32 point builds but access to drow, is there is real reason for a bard be an elf instead of a drow other than aesthetics?

I've been playing an elf bard (now level 5 and having a blast), but am having so much fun I'm wondering if I should re-roll as a drow to future proof the build, given they seem so vastly superior ability wise for barding.

TEK
08-20-2007, 01:26 AM
stat wise drow do address the primary and secondary stats better than any race, but that doesnt take way from the other races though. yeah drow are better in the versitility of stats and i mostly blame the number buy system of rolling stats to be harsh on skilful classes, but value differs from person to person, so if better stats is what you hold in high value then go drow, if you also hold other things as high in value then see what the other classes have to offer.

Quartzite
08-20-2007, 01:35 AM
If you're Elf- Drow will almost definitely make a better character. Other races have gimicks that give them benefits over Drow (Humans get an extra feat, Dwarves can become power Warchanters with Axes, Warforged have immunities, Halflings are small and don't take a con hit). Elves are Drow are so similar, yet sadly Drow win on a number of counts.

spifflove
08-20-2007, 02:04 AM
Ranged based and warchanters might be better off as pure elves.

Amabel
08-20-2007, 02:58 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I must say, Drow seems a bit unbalancing for any of the charisma, intelligence classes (all non-divine casters) and gets Dexterity to boot.

Freeman
08-20-2007, 07:19 AM
Thank you all for your responses. I must say, Drow seems a bit unbalancing for any of the charisma, intelligence classes (all non-divine casters) and gets Dexterity to boot.

For wizards and sorcs, drow are still the top. Once unlocked, 32pt characters of other races can still hold their own against drow though. I still prefer human bards myself. I currently have my original 28pt build Freeman, and I am working on my 32pt bard Pyotr. Now that I think about it, I don't have a single drow character that I still play. I think I got tired of seeing all the drow in the months after they first came out.