PDA

View Full Version : Greetings!

GlassEye
08-19-2007, 08:30 PM
Just wanted to make a post to say "Hi". Am looking forward to getting into the game seriously. As for me and where I stand with fantasy, all bases of RPG stem from the D&D universe. (Late 60's-1970's) Nothing wrong with Tolkien, but as a game D&D origins were one of the first if not 'the' first.

What do I expect out of this game? Content changing. As long as there are additional changes to content I will continue to pay my monthly bill for the servers. There is enough in the D&D universe wherein this MMO can go on forever. Enough said.

Nice to meet everyone and I hope to team with you sometime soon.

transtemporal
08-19-2007, 09:26 PM
Hey GlassEye, and welcome!

I am fairly new to the game too and so far I am having a ball. Just wish I could find more time to play! :)

Cheers,
transtemporal

Symar-FangofLloth
08-19-2007, 09:31 PM
Welcome welcome. Yep, they change things around every so often, and add something new about every 5-6 weeks (enough to call it monthly, but it's not really). Any questions, feel free to ask.

SteeleTrueheart
08-20-2007, 08:20 AM
Welcome! It is always nice to see new faces here in DDO.

If you happen to be on Khyber feel free to look up any member of the Stormreach Thieve's Guild for answers to any question you may have.

Ziggy
08-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Just wanted to make a post to say "Hi". Am looking forward to getting into the game seriously. As for me and where I stand with fantasy, all bases of RPG stem from the D&D universe. (Late 60's-1970's) Nothing wrong with Tolkien, but as a game D&D origins were one of the first if not 'the' first.

What do I expect out of this game? Content changing. As long as there are additional changes to content I will continue to pay my monthly bill for the servers. There is enough in the D&D universe wherein this MMO can go on forever. Enough said.

Nice to meet everyone and I hope to team with you sometime soon.

Hey GlassEye, and welcome!

I am fairly new to the game too and so far I am having a ball. Just wish I could find more time to play! :)

Cheers,
transtemporal
Welcome to the game both of you.

Feel free to ask any questions, and most of the community will help you however we can.:D

Beherit_Baphomar
08-20-2007, 10:48 AM
Well hello noob! Welcome to the World of DDO!

What can you expect? At low levels you may run into some pretty bad pugs, but bear with this. It does change, right around level 7 or so you'll start to see more organized people, and you'll leave the paladins who are gonna splash barbarian types behind.

The DDO community, as a whole, is a very friendly bunch. Most are more than willing to help you along and to see you enjoy the game. A'course now and again there is that bad apple, but serioulsy the majority of us are very helpful.

I still know the first person I ever grouped with in this game, he's still my friend and I still owe him a muckbane. Thats the type of people you can expect to meet in here.

If you're not a D&D player or know something about D&D the system can be a little daunting at times. Also, there is limited information out there to help you along....but like I said keep with us, its well worth it.

If you're on Argonnessen look me up on Squidgie or Dragonfive...I'll be more than happy to do some low/mid stuff with ya.

Be good, happy huntin'.

tihocan
08-20-2007, 11:30 AM
hi!

transtemporal
08-21-2007, 07:19 PM
Welcome to the game both of you.

Feel free to ask any questions, and most of the community will help you however we can.:D

Thanks Ziggy. The community has been very helpful so far! :)

JelloMold
08-21-2007, 07:33 PM
Well hello noob! Welcome to the World of DDO!

What can you expect? At low levels you may run into some pretty bad pugs, but bear with this. It does change, right around level 7 or so you'll start to see more organized people, and you'll leave the paladins who are gonna splash barbarian types behind.

The DDO community, as a whole, is a very friendly bunch. Most are more than willing to help you along and to see you enjoy the game. A'course now and again there is that bad apple, but serioulsy the majority of us are very helpful.

I still know the first person I ever grouped with in this game, he's still my friend and I still owe him a muckbane. Thats the type of people you can expect to meet in here.
If you're not a D&D player or know something about D&D the system can be a little daunting at times. Also, there is limited information out there to help you along....but like I said keep with us, its well worth it.

If you're on Argonnessen look me up on Squidgie or Dragonfive...I'll be more than happy to do some low/mid stuff with ya.

Be good, happy huntin'.

You can expect to meet nice people, or people who don't pay their debts?:D Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Welcome to all the new folks. The game is a blast, the forum is helpful (and often just as entertaining), and it definitely offers the change you ask for. The nice thing for me is that I don't know everything backwards and forwards and as a result, I often don't even notice when things do change, but apparently they do.:p

See you in town

azzeroth
08-21-2007, 07:45 PM
hazzah to the new player on teh world :D