PDA

View Full Version : Halfling run needs some love

Riddikulus
08-19-2007, 08:11 AM
Is it just me or when halflings run they appear to be hunchbacked with a lame left arm?

I rolled up one of maddong's Hafling Medic builds, but when I'm running around she looks so pathetic I don't think I can play her much longer.

I'll take the human dainty walk over this...

bandyman1
08-19-2007, 09:08 PM
Is it just me or when halflings run they appear to be hunchbacked with a lame left arm?

I rolled up one of maddong's Hafling Medic builds, but when I'm running around she looks so pathetic I don't think I can play her much longer.

LMAO, yeah it took a while for me to get used to Del looking like a chimpanzee when she runs. Sucks too, cause otherwise she's so cute. I don't know who was responsible for the animation on the halfling running, but they need to be drug outside and shot ( j/k of course, would think that goes without saying, but with some of the peeps here....better put it in there ).

Jondallar
08-21-2007, 10:59 PM
If halflings didnt run funny they would rule the world;)

Tenkari_Rozahas
08-22-2007, 12:23 AM
heh, I made my own Halfing medic, but not based on anything on the forums, and I dont care what they run like, as long asthey are effective at hteir job, they could move like a zombie XD

liamfrancais
08-31-2007, 10:34 AM
Yes it is unfortunate that they look like quazimoto running around made a hafling ranger and its just sad to watch him run, well maybe that will help in fights so that the mobs are to busy laughing to attack.

cdbd3rd
08-31-2007, 10:37 AM
Yes it is unfortunate that they look like quazimoto running around made a hafling ranger and its just sad to watch him run, well maybe that will help in fights so that the mobs are to busy laughing to attack.

You beat me to it - was gonna say that's where their AC bonus vs. big stuff comes from. :)

MasterofDungeons
08-31-2007, 10:39 AM
<cough>gollum!...gollum!<cough>

teddok
08-31-2007, 10:42 AM

Thats how they get there +1 to AC. It is actually a -1 to the enemys to hit rather then an AC boost. Every one is so busy laughing at them that they have a harder time hitting halflings.

chewwook
09-05-2007, 11:04 AM
I mean, it's not like they can't move, with their dex bonus and awesome halfling male dance (not referring to dance2)
How about a little revision to that run...: )

Twerpp
09-17-2007, 08:53 PM
Well at least its not the faerie-prancing drow run....I had to delete mine after seeing that! If I ever do roll another it absolutely positively can only be female.

FunnyCide
09-19-2007, 12:38 PM
I much prefer the hunchbacked run of the Halfling over the Dwarf waddling shuffle that passes as a run in this game or the Human run.

Besides Halflings make awesome builds even as a str based fighter and my little sorcerer turns more than one head when she clears a quest for the party. ^_^

Hafeal
09-19-2007, 12:42 PM
I have said they look like the flying monkeys from the wizard of oz. :D

It seems that the graphic is bad because the arms are slightly misproportioned and they do not truly swing when they run as other races do. :confused: