PDA

View Full Version : Dwarven cleric build?

Bitkiller
08-18-2007, 01:42 PM
I've played a warpriest variant to 14 and unlocked 32 pt builds. I'm looking for a new 32 build in a similar vein, but would like a dwarf. I thought there was a build posted but I am having dificulty locating it. Any sugestions?
Thanks
*E* found one that is similar.

WilbyZ
08-21-2007, 05:36 AM
Try this one...

Dwarf - Lawful Good
1 Pally / 13 Cleric

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 16 (put points here at every Stat level)
CHA 6

Feats: (in order of progression)
* Mental Toughness
* Extend Spells
* Improved Mental Toughness
* Empower Healing
* Improved Critical: Slash

Enhancements:
Dwarf: Armor Mastery
Dwarven Armor Mastery I

Dwarf: Faith
Dwarven Faith I

Dwarf: Axe Attack
Dwarven Axe Attack I
Dwarven Axe Attack II

Spell Points
Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Cleric Energy of the Zealot III
Cleric Energy of the Zealot IV

Stat: Wisdom
Cleric Wisdom I
Cleric Wisdom II
Cleric Wisdom III

Spell Critical Chance: Positive / Negative
Cleric Prayer of Life I
Cleric Prayer of Life II

Spell Damage Amplification: Positive
Cleric Life Magic I
Cleric Life Magic II
Cleric Life Magic III
Cleric Life Magic IV

Spell Damage Amplification: Light / Good
Cleric Smiting I

Wand Damage
Cleric Wand Mastery I
Cleric Wand Mastery II
Cleric Wand Mastery III
Cleric Wand Mastery IV

Mad_Bombardier
08-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Try this one...

Dwarf - Lawful Good
1 Pally / 13 Cleric

STR 16
DEX 14
CON 16
INT 8
WIS 16 (put points here at every Stat level)
CHA 6Scrap the DEX in lieu of DEX item, and put points elsewhere. 10 DEX/18 CON or 11 DEX/17 STR. Then add 1 level up stat to STR for an even 18 (with other 2 going to WIS).

Impaqt
08-21-2007, 11:26 AM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=115800

Heres my build. I agree dex is a waste on a cleric Most wear full plate and have no way to increase the dex bonus....

Bitkiller
08-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the input. I took a long look at Impaqt's and Luthen's builds and made a cleric along those lines but I'm not done fine tuning him, and will most likely scrap him and start over. I take it that with the 6 chr, DV is not part of the package, or at least not a strong point?

Impaqt
08-21-2007, 12:57 PM
Thanks for the input. I took a long look at Impaqt's and Luthen's builds and made a cleric along those lines but I'm not done fine tuning him, and will most likely scrap him and start over. I take it that with the 6 chr, DV is not part of the package, or at least not a strong point?

DV's area Crutch that just arent necessary. Especially since we're getting the new MetaMagic system in Mod5. But, If y ou feel the need for DV's you can add the Extra Turning feat and Enhancements + Mod 5 brings us CHR Items Counting twoards your turn attemps as well.

a 6CHR Starting cleric can get more than enough DV's in Mod-5 if they want.

1 Base +3 CHR Item +1 CHR ENH(+2 CLR CHR) +4 Extra Turn Feat +4 Extra Turn ENH = 13 DV's

Bitkiller
08-21-2007, 01:05 PM
Ok I think the mistake that was made was bumping up int and chr to 10 to avoid negative modifiers (skill pts, DVs), by trying to increase versatility I weakened the build overall.

Impaqt
08-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Ok I think the mistake that was made was bumping up int and chr to 10 to avoid negative modifiers (skill pts, DVs), by trying to increase versatility I weakened the build overall.

Depends on your Play style... My original Cleric is a Balanced charater I converted from PnP. Hes performed admirably and I wouldnt reroll him or retire him.

As I progressed inthe game I became more of a Min/Maxer Meta game player though. My Original "Balanced" Cleric is now an offensive speced caster... He kills as efficently as the game allows and my more recent builds are all optimized for what they need to accomplish.

There nothing wrong with a "Balanced" build...... Set goals for your character and have fun with it.

WilbyZ
09-03-2007, 07:35 AM
Scrap the DEX in lieu of DEX item, and put points elsewhere.

Without going into too much detail, you will be hard out of luck trying to fit a Dex based item amongst the WIS, STR, CON, Greater False Life, Strider, PoP, Deflection AC, Dodge AC and Fortification (for melee clerics) items... :)

Hence the Dex.. at least for my build with Dwarven Armour Mastery.

Sojourner
09-03-2007, 08:58 AM
A nice DEX item for clerics is the steady-handed armbands. Falls out of the last chest in Madstone crater. DEX+3, To-Hit+1. Usually fills up Fullplate DEX while also giving an extra +1 to your BaB.

daniel7
09-07-2007, 10:45 PM
So I guess you guys prefer one level pally over figher for your martial weopons b/c of two more ac from evil creatures i guess. I think it would be nice to take one level of barbarian instead for 10% increase in running speed. Anyone else feel that way?

PurdueDave
09-08-2007, 10:52 PM
So I guess you guys prefer one level pally over figher for your martial weopons b/c of two more ac from evil creatures i guess. I think it would be nice to take one level of barbarian instead for 10% increase in running speed. Anyone else feel that way?

Not being able to cast while raged is annoying.

It depends on what you're after but there's not a whole lot of difference in fighter/paladin for that one level. Neither is clearly superior.