PDA

View Full Version : Bluff vs. Diplomacy

CaptGrim
08-18-2007, 09:07 AM
Does any "USE" diplomacy...

I rolled a M/C build yesterday with maxxed bluff and diplo...found out they are on the same timer :(

but don't have rouge lvls yet so I can't test it myself.

Does it let you get sneak attack for 6 seconds, or just drop aggro.

I still like the diplo Idea for loseing aggro but, will drop bluff if you do get sneak attack.

Also with bluff how long does sneak attack last? Just 1 atack..just 6 seconds?

Impaqt
08-18-2007, 09:48 AM
Bluff is a Single Enemy, You must have the mob targeted and hit bluff. the next attack is a sneak attack.(As long as it works)

Diplo is area of effect. So if you gainthe attention of multiple enemies, you can deaggro all of them. after the round is up, they will reagrro.... Sometimes on you.. SOmetimes on someone else....

CaptGrim
08-18-2007, 03:29 PM
So if I diplo, then they aggro on the "tank" I will then get back stab for 6 seconds correct?

But if solo or the only target for them I will not bet back stab just, loss of aggro.

If this is the case I'm dropping bluff as it's on the same timer, and the progress bar takes a while to work.

BTW thanks for the help...also have you tried/tested this or is this just the way it is "supposed" to work

Impaqt
08-18-2007, 04:17 PM
I use both on different characters.

Diplo: You get "Backstab" until you get aggro back.., Could be 6 Seconds.. COuld be never.

Bluff: Your next attack is a Sneak attack.

Hvymetal
08-19-2007, 07:51 AM
Aye what Imapq said, I like to use Dip more personally, but bluff is much better if you end up soloing. Unless you have improved feint....

CaptGrim
08-19-2007, 09:45 AM
Aye what Imapq said, I like to use Dip more personally, but bluff is much better if you end up soloing. Unless you have improved feint....

This is exactly what I was thinking...and no I don't have Imp. feint.

Thanks guys this helped a bit.