PDA

View Full Version : Getting sick of seeing friends disappear. :(

SaberMonkey
08-17-2007, 04:41 AM
Just thought I would see if anyone else was getting frustrated with the fact that alot of long time players are quitting. I took a month and a half off and when I came back 75% of the people I used to run with are gone. The server merge has helped a bit as far as more groups and a bigger community, but I miss the good ol' boys.

HAMANU
08-17-2007, 07:50 AM
I hear ya man. My friends and I are a small group but we are real close. People get busy with life and you find yourself missing them... Sooner or later they come back around. It isn't easy making new friends as of now, maybe give the peeps who merged a while longer to get comfortable...
What can ya do, ya know?

Kolvarg
08-17-2007, 07:56 AM
Just thought I would see if anyone else was getting frustrated with the fact that alot of long time players are quitting. I took a month and a half off and when I came back 75% of the people I used to run with are gone. The server merge has helped a bit as far as more groups and a bigger community, but I miss the good ol' boys.

You left yourself. Why come back and complain that people are leaving? Some of them will come back too. People's priorities change and that is life. Don't sweat it. There are new players all the time. Give them a chance.

SaberMonkey
08-17-2007, 10:34 AM
You left yourself. Why come back and complain that people are leaving? Some of them will come back too. People's priorities change and that is life. Don't sweat it. There are new players all the time. Give them a chance.

I'm mostly talking about good friends that actually cancel and don't plan on coming back. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. :) Not really complaining, more like voicing my sorrow that alot of people quit.

Alcamez
08-17-2007, 10:48 AM
Man I will be home in about 12 days. I will be sure too look you up when I get back to the states. I am currently working an issue to get sattelite dish with 4 mb dwl and 256 up out here with some buddies cause they are going through the same withdrawls as me.

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 11:15 AM
All of my RL friends stopped playing by now, although most quit about 5 months ago.

Several guildies have moved to other games, some have come back briefly.

Dunno if it is ddoooooooom time, but it is certainly not a good trend.

FunnyCide
08-17-2007, 12:10 PM
We've had some really good quit (or are thinking of quitting) in our guild because of boredom. I hope to see some of them come back at the very least if we ever really get some great new content and level cap raises.

I myself have taken some breaks from the game because you can only do the same thing for so long.

scottishjason
08-17-2007, 12:40 PM
I am in the same boat and I have to admit it is very frustrating. For the first year of ddo I had a very good group of players that I was on with very regularly. For a very long time I didn’t ever pug at all. When I got on I was expected and a group was usually waiting for me (since I play a cleric). But over the last six months I have seen just about every one of them quit the game. Most are saying that they are not coming back. Then this server merge didn’t help at all. in the last week two of my other friends have quit saying that they don’t see ddo sticking around much longer. For me… I originally had three ddo accounts one for myself and one for each of my boys but since they never play anymore I went ahead and canceled there accounts last week. I am still a bit hopefull that something positive will happen that will get people to come back to ddo but with the rise of so many other mmos out there that have way more content its getting hard to keep people around… but I am sure turbine is looking at this and planning something great. Or at least I hope they are. For now I am going to try and keep it going…

apious1
08-17-2007, 12:47 PM
1. Lack of content
2. Lag - New for me (although according to Turbine, it doesn't REALLY exist)
3. Lack of content

I truely enjoy this game, more than any other MMO I have ever played, but even I have my limits. I have gotten so bored I finally built new toons and even that is getting old now. I was laughing at myself the other nite b/c I was getting so frustrated running with noobs and then I realized that in the past when everything was new, we were all noobs so it didn't matter. But now that the content has been played over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, etc I can't stand running it with people that don't know what they are doing which only futhers my disappointment with this game.

Nataichal
08-17-2007, 01:49 PM
*dumps the last shovelfull of dirt onto the grave of another Founder*

People are missing? I don't know what you're talking about. Hey, is that ice cream?

Zack77
08-17-2007, 07:47 PM
lol nice

Axell, I'm still here, bro! You cant count me outta the game just yet. And Alcamez, good to see ya coming back, mate. You were the guy who took me through my first successful dragon raid lmao. And, yeah, I know how ya feel, Axell. Quite a bit of my friends have stopped playing this game(or have been banned, R.I.P Fudge) and it's kinda sad to see em leave. But, as it has been stated, RL situations can change, and you may havfta leave the game for extended periods of time. Or, as it has also been said, there is lack of new content. But, that's life. As I've heard before "Make new friends, but keep the old, eveb if they are not around any longer. You never know when they may re-apear. There's my 2 copper :D

Alcamez
08-18-2007, 04:43 AM
lol nice

And Alcamez, good to see ya coming back, mate. You were the guy who took me through my first successful dragon raid lmao.

Heheheh I think I still have pics of that raid :) I remember my first successful dragon raid. Julith aka Deadly Device of the old school BCB and Krom took me and Iganaceous and Des. I about cried when we finally killed her. Hiding behind rocks mm and ranging her. Now I hear that you will basically have to kill the respawns at the pillars, and take them down because Velah swore she will eat her minions if they leave there post. I still get goosebumps on my neck when you enter and it says " Cold winds blow " :) I have no worries I still have alot of contact with LOTF guys and NO NAMERS.. Most are taking a break and Beta testing and playing other games. Some are dealing with real life stuff. In the end everyone wants to have a level 20 toon in this game. I didnt build these characters just to get them to 14,15 or 16. I built them to reach level 20 and so did most of the people I played with. I mean who wouldnt want to become an outsider monk when they get introduced. I am sure they will come back just to get there characters leveled and geared then will go back to there other games. Its unfortunately the nature of the beast.

Zack77
08-18-2007, 11:56 PM
lol tell me about it. I'm still saving tomes for my monk. Prolly be the first halfling monk on Ghallandra/fernia/Lhazaar!! Or mabey some other race, dunno yet :p.
And yeah, I agree with you. People didnt build their character's just to get them to lvl 14, 15, 16, ect. They wanna get em to lvl 20 at least, mabey even Epic lvl character's. So, they may seem gone, but then they may come back. *raises glass to the future* Till then, we have no clue what surprises are in store for us.

Uska
08-19-2007, 01:44 AM
I do miss old friends who are gone as well.

As an aside I have been enjoying several runs lately with members of your guild on my paladin and my cleric Kothson and Kisska

reziel_deadshot
08-19-2007, 10:44 AM
hey mag!! whats up, ive returned now jus to let ya know now watch out heh, what have ya been up to? and hey tylenol err wait you were renamed alcamez...dumb name censor lol glad to see you back.

and narc noob what the heck you been doing lately.

The_Silver_Griffon
08-19-2007, 11:33 AM
Man I will be home in about 12 days. I will be sure too look you up when I get back to the states. I am currently working an issue to get sattelite dish with 4 mb dwl and 256 up out here with some buddies cause they are going through the same withdrawls as me.

I hope the satellite connection works for you, but I have sad news. Most people can't play MMO's over a satellite connection. :( Sure, there's plenty of bandwidth up and down, but the latency is usually too high.

Zack77
08-20-2007, 09:26 PM
As an aside I have been enjoying several runs lately with members of your guild on my paladin and my cleric Kothson and Kisska

Whose guild you talking about? Mine? lol. j/k

and narc noob what the heck you been doing lately.

Also, Xen noob, I've become much better since you been gone. So, cant really call me Narc noob anymore(tho, i've grown quite used to that name :D)
I'll catch ya around, Xen. Look me up, got quite a few more toons :p

SaberMonkey
08-22-2007, 05:36 AM
I do miss old friends who are gone as well.

Well I'm glad you enjoy grouping with us, some people think we talk too much!! lol :D