PDA

View Full Version : Hello a few questions?

kilun
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
I admit, a search and an hour or two would probably yield my few questions, but working 60+hours a week and about to rack out means whats fresh on my mind will be easier to just say.

First, I'm used to solo play, and am waiting for NWN2 expansion to come out, and wandered over here. I've played a ton of MMO's, and would love to play one again, but a ton of hours are required to work, so I no longer get the 20+gaming hours a week like I used to, more like maybe 5-10 depending on if I have a day off or not.

So the first question, is it semi solo friendly and when I have time to group are quest good on time or a couple hours?

Second, I know it isn't quite PnP, and I'm fine with that, but what are these enhancements and when can I use them. I'm level 1.4 I suppose you could say(4k experience) and have 3 remaining, yet I can't place them anywhere else. I placed one, but it won't let me select a new one.

Are the rules for multi-classing the same in regards to favored class an experience penalty, and what is max number of classes per character(I assume 3 like PnP and not four per NWN2)

Thanks,

Kilun

Uska
08-17-2007, 12:57 AM
Game isnt a whole lot solo friendly there is some of which some classes are better at then others. Grouping is easy and most quests only take a few minutes to do. Multi-classing is limited to 3 classes restricted by alignment in some cases but no penalties like in pnp on exp. on your enhancements go to your trainer and you can group the by prerequesit and see what you need to get then next one some need you to have others and some need you need to have spent so many enhancement points or to be a certain level. good luck and good gaming

Roguewiz
08-17-2007, 08:01 AM
I admit, a search and an hour or two would probably yield my few questions, but working 60+hours a week and about to rack out means whats fresh on my mind will be easier to just say.

First, I'm used to solo play, and am waiting for NWN2 expansion to come out, and wandered over here. I've played a ton of MMO's, and would love to play one again, but a ton of hours are required to work, so I no longer get the 20+gaming hours a week like I used to, more like maybe 5-10 depending on if I have a day off or not.

So the first question, is it semi solo friendly and when I have time to group are quest good on time or a couple hours?

Some quests have the "solo" option. Also, some quests (with a specific class or build) are easy as well. As far as grouping goes, it really depends on the quest and the group. Some groups prefer to rush through all quests, thus cutting down the time.

Second, I know it isn't quite PnP, and I'm fine with that, but what are these enhancements and when can I use them. I'm level 1.4 I suppose you could say(4k experience) and have 3 remaining, yet I can't place them anywhere else. I placed one, but it won't let me select a new one.

You can "respec" your enhancements onces every 3 days for a nominal amount of plat (about 2k or so). Their enchancement system is based on a system out of Unearthed Arcana, but not exactly like it.

Are the rules for multi-classing the same in regards to favored class an experience penalty, and what is max number of classes per character(I assume 3 like PnP and not four per NWN2)

3 classes max, no exp penalty (so obviously no favored classes and you can have the levels as uneven as you like...so 13 Fighter / 1 Cleric, is allowed)

Thanks,

Kilun

Answers in red :)

Dariuss
08-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Yeah sounds like you placed your first enhancement with Euphonia. Now oyu need to go see your classes trainer in Aspirant's Corner. Talking to them will give you a dialogue option about using enhancements.

This is a great tool for enhancement planning:

http://www.iro.umontreal.ca/~delallea/ddo/enh/

(I don't remember who made that but I use it all the time)

VonBek
08-17-2007, 11:32 AM
(I don't remember who made that but I use it all the time)

Tihocan! (http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=93169&highlight=Enhancement)

About soloing - it can be fun, it can be an acquired taste, it can be a matter of necessity, but it is not the goal of the development staff to make the game loner friendly. It can be done. You'll need to know your own personality to decide. Heh - if you feel like the "game is picking on you" take a break or look for a group.

Cheers!