PDA

View Full Version : LFM posts

Thame
08-16-2007, 09:43 PM
So whats up with the LFM problem?
Certain guilds constantly post 'GUILD NAME' raid/quest only.
So me being the nice guy I am, I post one saying 'no quest no raid NO 'GUILD NAME'
Then along comes a GM saying to pull it down and hes putting a warning on my account, but this guild is still doing their posts.
So whats the difference between our posts and why can they still post like this but I cant?
Sounds like a bunch of **** to me....

Arnya
08-16-2007, 09:55 PM
http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=117927

Ghoste
08-16-2007, 09:59 PM
Why did you post an LFM for no quest at all, unless your intention was inflamatory in nature towards those posting LFMs for their guilds?

That reason asside, you technically blacklisted a guild by putting "no 'guild name' " in the comment. That alone was a violation of the EULA. In fact this thread is also a violation since it is discussing actual disciplinary action taken. I'd edit the op to say something else before you get a warning or worse on your forum account as well.

And to answer what the difference is: they are advertsing for their guild members so they dont have to keep spamming guild chat, and also possibly bragging/advertising how much they do raids as a guild, whereas you are publicly blacklisting a guild.

Sparker
08-20-2007, 04:45 PM
Ghoste is pretty spot on, we won't ask someone to remove their LFM if it is advertising for their guild only, but, if someone has a LFM up that says "If you are in X guild, don't bother applying!" we will ask the player to remove it.

You can not publically blacklist players, that is harassment.

So whats up with the LFM problem?
Certain guilds constantly post 'GUILD NAME' raid/quest only.
So me being the nice guy I am, I post one saying 'no quest no raid NO 'GUILD NAME'
Then along comes a GM saying to pull it down and hes putting a warning on my account, but this guild is still doing their posts.
So whats the difference between our posts and why can they still post like this but I cant?
Sounds like a bunch of **** to me....