PDA

View Full Version : Fascinate Tactics / Function

Cnickel
08-16-2007, 08:50 AM
When grouping, I have issues deciding when to use the song fascinate and when to just fight it out with a large group of mobs. I have had pretty limited luck getting mobs fascinated, with the song fascinate, when there is a large pull.

If someone pulls a large number of mobs is it worth it to start singing fascinate to CC or is it too late at that point? If I am singing and mobs continue to show up, can they get fascinated as well, or do all the mobs I am trying to CC have to be in the vicinity when I start my song? Do you have to stand still while you are singing to get it to work well? I don't usually equip a perform item, does this help significantly? Does an enchantment focus item help with the roll mechanics as well?

I am not sure if the song fascinate mechanics are just not that effective, or if I am not using it correctly. I was hoping that the song would be more effective for CC than the spell, making bards more effective for CC.

I could just suck :eek:

Thanks for the help.

Nickyl lvl 14 Cleric
Nyckail lvl 9 Fighter
Nyckial lvl 7 Bard

Mad_Bombardier
08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
If someone pulls a large number of mobs is it worth it to start singing fascinate to CC or is it too late at that point? I've seen it done best with the Bard going in first.
Start singing, run in, end song = fascinated group.

If I am singing and mobs continue to show up, can they get fascinated as well, or do all the mobs I am trying to CC have to be in the vicinity when I start my song?
Fascinate happens to all in range and the END of the song. So, yes those additional mobs will be caught too.

Do you have to stand still while you are singing to get it to work well?
Nope, you can move all you want. Moving Bard = Live Bard. You can work on timing the end of the song to standing with the largest number of mobs around you.

I don't usually equip a perform item, does this help significantly? Does an enchantment focus item help with the roll mechanics as well?
There is no roll for Fascinate. It affects all enemies in the area at the end of the song. So, no added items or feats are needed.Answers in green. :) The biggest thing is your party. Any hits break the Fascination, so wildly swinging party members may destroy your hard work. But, you can train your party to kill 1 at a time after Fascination.