PDA

View Full Version : Spell Questions

Litz
08-16-2007, 03:17 AM
Ok got bored and was looking through the d20 data for D&D spells and started to wonder about things and when we will see it in DDO or why we see it in DDO the way we do. Let me break it down like this:

1) Stormrevers Fly lasts about 3 min (forget the actual timer but I'm about right). PnP Fly spell duration is 1 min./level according to: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/fly.htm Does this mean he is level 3? Wait I just realized he could of multiclassed nvm.. Thought you were nerfing mob only spells now just like players.

2) I know there will be spells from PnP that are impossible to impliment into DDO either by concept or by design choice, and obviously some have been looked at and decided on. Of the spells that are certain not to make it into DDO can we get a list of them, and maybee a list of the spells you plan someday to try to introduce (allowing for a "no prommises" disclosure statement)?

3) Spells have somewhat been introduced in a mob first method. I rember falling victim to chain lightning many times before I could cast it myself. Instances like that were often do to level cap differences between mobs and myself. Currently we see spells developers use such as reverse gravity and fly which in PnP would be fair game for players our level to use. Will the trend of mobs first continue or are we seeing a new policy of mob only spells that are hands off potentially forever?

Litz
08-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Bumping because I posted it at like 3am..

Draclaud
08-16-2007, 11:43 AM
The mobs are higher level than we are. Alot of the casters in game are cr18-22. That's right a 22nd level caster. So yah, they get spells we don't. When the cap goes up we'll get the spells. I can't wait to get Horrid Wilting like good ol' Whisperdoom has.

Ziggy
08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't think fly spells will ever happen, they are game breaking.
devs have pretty much stated the fly spell wont make it.

Now we may wind up with more instances like the reaver cating fly on us to go do something else, but as a player spell? very unlikely.

EDIT: Ninja flight is possible though.

Kynn
08-16-2007, 11:52 AM
I don't think fly spells will ever happen, they are game breaking.

Bizbag
08-16-2007, 12:07 PM
The mobs are higher level than we are. Alot of the casters in game are cr18-22. That's right a 22nd level caster. So yah, they get spells we don't. When the cap goes up we'll get the spells. I can't wait to get Horrid Wilting like good ol' Whisperdoom has.

The only CR 22 casters I know of are in TS, and those are Hill Giants, so you have to subtract several CR points for that... What's a Hill Giant, CR 5?

Draclaud
08-16-2007, 01:26 PM
The only CR 22 casters I know of are in TS, and those are Hill Giants, so you have to subtract several CR points for that... What's a Hill Giant, CR 5?

So looks like the highest are those wizards and clerics in POP for the moment.

Litz
08-16-2007, 01:33 PM
You guys are missing something though. Fly is a low level spell. We could of had it before they raised the level cap from 10. Now Antigravity is being forced on us and it is something availavle as a level 7 spell. These are things that should be available to us now or in the past. Also I was not singling out just those two spells I want to know about all the spells in PnP that were missing. If it falls into a category like Fly where they have taken the time to say "umm no not happening" there should be a list of these made public. Its not like its a document describing USA's secret wire tapping efforts and needs protectin from the public.

ccheath776
08-18-2007, 11:59 PM
You know DDO is a no - fly zone.

Vyctor
08-19-2007, 12:00 AM
Well, the Wizard King uses Polar Ray occasionally, we should get that at the next level increase...cold casters will become even more deadly....

Kraldor
08-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Well, the Wizard King uses Polar Ray occasionally, we should get that at the next level increase...cold casters will become even more deadly....

Yes, so does Parnamuul in PoP. Also, chaos orbs have always been used to test out new spells. Those things were casting Chaos Hammer way before the spell even hit WDA's

Markavenger
08-19-2007, 10:51 AM

CR is not a level system but a rating system 18-22 does not mean they are a lvl 18-22 caster just that they should be able to be defeated by a party of 4 lvl 18-22 players with no problem.

Litz
08-20-2007, 12:19 AM
CR is not a level system but a rating system 18-22 does not mean they are a lvl 18-22 caster just that they should be able to be defeated by a party of 4 lvl 18-22 players with no problem.

Which perfectly explains why there is cr14 trogs in lvl 2 quests.