PDA

View Full Version : Best way to use Wild Empathy and Improved Empathy

AloneOnTheRange
08-14-2007, 10:04 PM
So far, I haven't found that these feats work too well with my style. Maybe I have to work on my style?

How do you on the forums feel about using these feats?

Also, a second note, how are spell points calculated? How does high WIS effect additional spells? It doesn't seem to effect it is what I have noticed.

Mad_Bombardier
08-15-2007, 10:23 AM
So far, I haven't found that these feats work too well with my style. Maybe I have to work on my style?

How do you on the forums feel about using these feats?

Also, a second note, how are spell points calculated? How does high WIS effect additional spells? It doesn't seem to effect it is what I have noticed.Wild Empathy didn't work too well when I was low level. Improved Wild Empathy works 2/3 times for me versus CR:18 Razorcats in Maze of Madness on Elite.

For Spell Points (http://ddo.enterwiki.net/page/Spell_point) see the DDOwiki.

Vengenance
08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
I haven't used it much except for Maze of Madness on the razor cats, it lands pretty often and they really kick booty as a pet. I usually give them barkskin, jump, and resists just to makes things a little more exciting for my guildies once they break. :D

QuantumFX
08-16-2007, 12:54 AM
Wild Empathy and Improved Wild Empathy checks are affected by your ranger level and your CHA modifier. They also use different countdowns and cooldowns.

So far my characters have been able to charm all the creatures that use the wolf 3d model, Razor Cats and Hyenas. So far it seems to be immune to dispelling.

Fennario
08-16-2007, 08:10 AM
Wild Empathy and Improved Wild Empathy checks are affected by your ranger level and your CHA modifier.

Well that explains why it never lands for my 6 CHA dorf.:)

QuantumFX
08-16-2007, 10:11 PM
Well that explains why it never lands for my 6 CHA dorf.:)

How many ranger levels do you have? I have an 8 CHA elf ranger and he can still manage to make a IWE stick about 2/3rds of the time. My Pally/Rangers on the other hand... I'm actually suprised when they fail a IWE/WE roll.

AloneOnTheRange
08-17-2007, 06:24 AM
Right now, just made 7th level, only ranger. Cha score is 10. Seems like I'll have to find one of those CHA bonus items...

The wild empathy I was orginally expecting it to charm an animal, but that is what Improved Empathy does.

The style of play is that I usually have the attack process on, and I tab through to find targets with my bow. In order to use the empathies, I must switch attack mode off.

PS. I was in a party the other day with nothing but rangers. That was awasome!! If anyone who was there and reads this forum, thanks for participating!

ducetrae
08-31-2007, 12:00 PM
my imp wild emp 5/6 stick and last a while 10-15 min . my char is base 12
(11+1tome) 18 with +6 char cloak i only click cloak when i need higher umd

jmonty
09-01-2007, 06:30 PM
I haven't used it much except for Maze of Madness on the razor cats, it lands pretty often and they really kick booty as a pet. I usually give them barkskin, jump, and resists just to makes things a little more exciting for my guildies once they break. :D

LOLZ!