PDA

View Full Version : Is this a Bug? Min level 14 Spell Pen VII Item?

dragnmoon
08-14-2007, 05:07 PM
I Have a +3 Dagger Spell Penetration VII Item that is a Min Level 14, I noticed a Bunch of Sceptres and Clubs with the exact same stats in AH that are Min level 12. Is My Dagger Bugged?

dragnmoon
08-14-2007, 05:26 PM
Now I know it Is a Bug and I reported It. I have a Dagger with the exact same stats that is Min 12. Why would the other be Min 14?

Here is the Comparasion Side by side pic

http://i184.photobucket.com/albums/x226/dragnmoon/SpellPenVIIMin12vsMin14.jpg

dragnmoon
08-14-2007, 05:34 PM
At Further Look I noticed that the Min Level 14 Item has a Durability of 120 Vs 110 on the Min 12 and a Hardness of 18 Vs 17 on the Dagger. They are both steel why would it be different?.. This is just wierd

pastor_dex
08-14-2007, 05:39 PM
At Further Look I noticed that the Min Level 14 Item has a Durability of 120 Vs 110 on the Min 12 and a Hardness of 18 Vs 17 on the Dagger. They are both steel why would it be different?.. This is just wierd

higher lvl chests need higher price for the item so they raise durability and hardness = higher lvl

dragnmoon
08-14-2007, 06:03 PM
higher lvl chests need higher price for the item so they raise durability and hardness = higher lvl

I have never Seen that Before... I have seen other abilities added to Items... but never Durability/Hardness unless it was made out of a different Material. Like Admantine Vs Steel.

Sparker
08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
Thank you for Bug Reporting this.

It looks like the level 14 dagger may have "missed" an effect on it that would have raised the minimum level to 14. This was an issue in the past where some items were not getting all of the effects applied to them, but the item price, durability and minimum levels were being applied as if all the effects were on the item.

Sorry for the confusion Dragnmoon.

I Have a +3 Dagger Spell Penetration VII Item that is a Min Level 14, I noticed a Bunch of Sceptres and Clubs with the exact same stats in AH that are Min level 12. Is My Dagger Bugged?

dragnmoon
08-14-2007, 07:03 PM
Thanks for the Reply Sparker.

I know you are not a Developer but will I ever see the Missing effect? or will it always be a More expensive +3 Dagger of Spell Penetration VII Item?

SneakThief
08-14-2007, 09:12 PM

I know you are not a Developer but will I ever see the Missing effect? or will it always be a More expensive +3 Dagger of Spell Penetration VII Item?

If the same bug made it back in game, then nope. In the old bug the generator basically aborted out before it attached the last effect (as was explained by a dev). What is bad, is that is a min level 14 item, so I'm thinking that must have been from one of the loot weekends ... and the original bug was WAY back. I hate it when fixes get lost.

Sparker
08-14-2007, 10:25 PM
I don't believe the effect will be added I'm afraid. If you happen to remember (and you did not include it with the Bug Report) could you add the location of where you looted the dagger? It may be specific to a certain chest or quest reward, and if that's the case that info could REALLY help the devs and QA hunt this nasty issue down.

dragnmoon
08-15-2007, 05:26 AM
Sorry.. I have had it for awhile now, so do not remember. I did not know it was a Bugged until My 13 level Wizard tried to equip and could not.

Sparker
08-15-2007, 04:16 PM
Understood. Thank you for bringing this to our attention Dragnmoon.

Sorry.. I have had it for awhile now, so do not remember. I did not know it was a Bugged until My 13 level Wizard tried to equip and could not.

Spookydodger
08-22-2007, 10:39 AM
I have noticed some odd items like this from PoP end rewards (the reward from Nimbus).

I can't remember exactly anymore, but I got a +stat necklace with something else on it, and it was minimum level 14 (as would be expected).

I shortly after got an identical stat item, no additional trait on it, it was Race Required: Dwarf, and it was STILL minimum level 14.

I'll have to see if I still have the items in question.

Mad_Bombardier
08-22-2007, 11:11 AM
I have noticed some odd items like this from PoP end rewards (the reward from Nimbus).

I can't remember exactly anymore, but I got a +stat necklace with something else on it, and it was minimum level 14 (as would be expected).

I shortly after got an identical stat item, no additional trait on it, it was Race Required: Dwarf, and it was STILL minimum level 14.

I'll have to see if I still have the items in question.I have +5 DEX boots, rr: Dwarf, ml:13 from Nimbus. It should be ml:11 -2 for rr: = ml:9, which would be fantastic for a mid-level character.

Harncw
08-31-2007, 02:24 PM
http://globalsoftware-inc.com/harncw/apples%20and%20oranges.jpg

here is another one... notice the hardness is the only thing different...

o well I know is should have been a vorpalizing disruptings whatchamagiggy but instead that is what I got