PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Solo Demon Queen Tips

Vengenance
08-14-2007, 03:37 PM
Here’s some background on my character, she is an elf 12 Ranger /1 Rogue. She has a 26 Str/30 dex and a little over 200 hit points. I have both improved critical range and improved critical slash. I have enhancements for both bows and longswords (+2 to attack/+1 to damage) for each. I have a high enough UMD to cast shield spell from scrolls.

I’ve both two and three-manned the Demon Queen successfully and now I looking to try and solo her. I believe I know how I want to run it, but I’m looking for suggestions from others who have already successfully soloed her.

First any tips on making it down the first corridor with all of the D’Jinn would be appreciated. My current plan is to buff myself with all the resists, GH, barkskin, and rage pull out the trustie longsword and get to business. I have a +3 Frost Longsword of Greater Evil Outsider Bane and a +4 Shocking Burst Longsword of PG that I can use. If there is a better strategy than this, please let me know.

Now the demon queen, I plan on ranging her from the safe pillar location using cold iron arrows and then switching to sword and board when the D’Jinn spawn. If I make it through this then I’ll range the Gnolls one at a time. Alternatively, I could range the knolls from the get go, which would allow me to run around more, but since I’ve never tried this I don’t know what to expect, again any help here would also be great.

Some of the bows that I have to use are 1) Silver Bow, 2) +4 Holy Bow, 3) +4 Flaming of PG, or 5) +3 of Greater Evil Outsider Bane. Looking for some help on which of these would be the best to use on her. In the previous runs I’ve used the Silver Bow, but I just acquired the +3 Greater Bane Bow so I’m wondering if that one will be better on her.

Thanks in advance.

Blazer
08-14-2007, 04:29 PM
First corridor you won't need all the resists, just fire really. I would also recommend bringing Lesser Restoration pots (faster than a wand) - you'll be their only target so expect to get smacked with Ray of Enfeeblement often. Nothing like seeing your STR drop from 26 to 20 or 18 in a blink. You'll need those Shield scrolls here, too.

The Flaming of PG is not worth much on her, it's basically a +4 of PG since she's got permanent fire protection. The +4 Holy, while 2 more to hit than the Silver Bow, is only a d8 damage vs d10 and doesn't crit nearly as often. If you're going to be running and kiting her, I think the Greater Bane bow might be better simply to help offset the -4 penalty for moving (unless you have SotR, which I doubt). If you're going to be stationary and using the pillar location, Silver Bow should win due to the increased number of crits.

Ranging the gnolls initially won't do you any good really since they'll just respawn after you kill them. Ignoring them until she gets down to that last ~15% health (perma-blade barriers) is probably your best bet if you're going to be hugging the pillar. If you're going to be running around in circles on the platform, keep ignoring them and should you get crippled, tumble to keep moving at full speed. If you can't tumble, just FF down to the safe spot until the Crippling effect wears off.

I'm assuming you've already got the goggles and gloves from this raid, thus eliminating the need for True Seeing and Stoneskin. If you don't have either or both of these items, is your UMD high enough to use a Stoneskin wand? That will help out should you pull unwanted archer aggro before you're ready to deal with them on your terms.

Vengenance
08-14-2007, 06:18 PM
Wow thanks. Yeah, I always carry pots in there due to constant enfeebling, and no I don't have shot on the run, lol. I think I'll use the Pillar location since the knolls respawn after killing them, I didn't know this before. I do have the true seeing goggles but I don't have the stone skin gloves, maybe next time (I do have the worthless scale armor and crossbow though).:D I think I should be able to self cast stone skin, I have a 27 UMD fully buffed so I'll fail once or twice but at least I'll start out with it.

Thanks again for all of the input.

Jaysensen
08-14-2007, 06:19 PM
The problem with solo DQ is buggieness. She bugs invulnerable often if you are solo. I have some theories on how to unbug her from the start, but I havent fully tested solo.

Tips:
1) dont aggro the gnolls at all. Never touch the center circle = stay in the outer 10' of the platform. NEVER JUMP. Soloing is easyif she doesnt bug and if you know where to stand. Some pillars are better than others.

If you DO aggro them, run back to your pillar and Shield block and time your potion drinking to avoid the arrow barrages. You either win or lose, right here.

2) use the correct weapon to beat her DR like Blazer said - this reduces kill time which reduces the number of saves you have to not roll a 1 on. Respect to Evil Outsiders. Its worth it. Beating DR is better than greater bane.

3) Shield spell along with S&B is the key to beating the platform efreets. Make sure you have Heavy fort as x3 crits from a kopesh sucks wildman balls. Also, they stop at the exact distances to kopesh you. If you use say a Rapier (which I know you arent) you wont be able to hit it if you dont take a step.

Vengenance
08-14-2007, 06:48 PM
I have evil outsiders as one of my favored enemies so it seems I'm good on that score. As far as heavy fort goes I have the necklace from BAM that I use on her. My biggest concern is surving the barage from the Effreti when they come, I do have 200+ Hitpoints but they seem to go pretty quick when their whacking on you.

As far as weapons go on them, what do you think would work better, the +4 Shocking Burst of PG, which I've been using with pretty good results or the +3 Frost of Greater Evil Outsider Bane. I don't really want to experiment when I get in there and I'm really a noob when it comes to identifying what bane weapons work best against outsiders (Evil, Chaotic, Lawful, etc.). I wish they would have an identifier stating evil outsider, abberation, etc on monster types. I've been playing this game for over a year now and only just found out that mind flayers were abberations this weekend.

Thanks again.

Blind_Skwerl
08-14-2007, 08:15 PM
Make sure you have Heavy fort as x3 crits from a kopesh sucks wildman balls.

ROFLMAO! I can hear the grunting now!!! :D :D :D

Jaysensen
08-14-2007, 08:43 PM
Use the Silver Bow with House D CI Arrows like Blazer said. Beating her DR is the most important thing.

The optimal weapon against her would be a Holy Bow of Greater Evil Outsider Bane with CI Arrows. Silver Bow is probably your next best alternative.

She is both and Evil Outsider and Chaotic Outsider.

Bring lots of Haste potions ^^

Blazer
08-14-2007, 09:02 PM
Bring lots of Haste potions ^^

Yes, the most important thing, I can't believe I forgot these. Also Cure pots, too. There may be a time when you need to chain heal yourself (wand - potion - wand - potion). Heroism potions as a backup should it take longer than your gird and you don't feel like trying to GHero yourself via scrolls.

Vengenance
08-15-2007, 02:02 PM
Good catch on the haste potions, I forgot all about those, the person I've been duoing her with is a WF Battle Mage who keeps us constantly hasted. I always carry hero pots and rage pots, I'll just plan on bring haste and restore post as well. If I can get burning city and ADQ done today I'll make my attempt at her this evening.

Jaysensen
08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Haste pots are like crack (lol or maybe speed). Once you have it, you will never want to be without it. You will crave it. You will (loot)***** yourself out to get more.

Vengenance
08-17-2007, 10:13 AM
:mad: ^&%&^%! :mad: Ok, I made it to the queen 3 times w/o much trouble, but each time I got there she bugged where you couldn't damage her. Is there any tips you have to prevent her from bugging or on how to unbug her.

Blazer
08-17-2007, 10:39 AM
:mad: ^&%&^%! :mad: Ok, I made it to the queen 3 times w/o much trouble, but each time I got there she bugged where you couldn't damage her. Is there any tips you have to prevent her from bugging or on how to unbug her.

There was a dev post a while ago stating that when she goes invulnerable and teleports away immediately, that is her correct behavior. When she just stays there and lets you beat on her the first couple of minutes, THAT'S the bug.

Regardless, I don't believe there is a way to force her to that bugged (from a dev POV) state. Now when she teleports away immediately, there is one of the remote platforms where you can damage her via range to force her back to the center platform.

Vengenance
08-17-2007, 10:55 AM
Ok, well I ttry and solo her one more time and then it's back to the duo thing that seems to be working well.

Blazer
08-17-2007, 11:07 AM
Ok, well I ttry and solo her one more time and then it's back to the duo thing that seems to be working well.

Yeah, I'm of the opinion soloing it isn't worth the effort. It's fun to try (heck, even actually completing it once is awesome), but really, it requires a bit of luck as well as skill. Also, what if 2 items drop that you can't use? Better to bring a couple of other folks along to help them out with raid loot.

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 11:19 AM
The problem with solo DQ is buggieness. She bugs invulnerable often if you are solo. I have some theories on how to unbug her from the start, but I havent fully tested solo.The last TEN times I have gone in there truly solo, she got stuck in that invincible state, and was impossible to get out of that state (no matter how many times I made her teleport to other platforms). I am convinced that they put a trigger in the quest recently that makes her get into that state if there is only one person in the quest.

What I've been doing lately is having my mule follow me in, then recalling him once I have activated the queen. Hasn't bugged on me once trying this method. Of course, not everyone has a mule account, but you can do the same with a friendly guildie.

Aspenor
08-17-2007, 11:36 AM
The last TEN times I have gone in there truly solo, she got stuck in that invincible state, and was impossible to get out of that state (no matter how many times I made her teleport to other platforms). I am convinced that they put a trigger in the quest recently that makes her get into that state if there is only one person in the quest.

What I've been doing lately is having my mule follow me in, then recalling him once I have activated the queen. Hasn't bugged on me once trying this method. Of course, not everyone has a mule account, but you can do the same with a friendly guildie.

I am convinced of this as well.

Vengenance
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
It's not specifically about the loot, it's just something I wanted to try to do for the challenge of it. <sigh> Guess it's back to duoing it.

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 11:50 AM
I am convinced of this as well.Good, so I'm not crazy! My guildies were suggesting that maybe I'd been hitting the bottle too much, but none of them have been in there "truly solo" in the last month or so.

Blazer
08-17-2007, 11:51 AM
It's not specifically about the loot, it's just something I wanted to try to do for the challenge of it. <sigh> Guess it's back to duoing it.

Oh, I completely understand. Since the raid seems so ranger friendly and others have done it, you want to test your mettle in there. Makes sense to me. Keep at it, I'm sure you'll get it. :cool:

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 11:56 AM
There was a dev post a while ago stating that when she goes invulnerable and teleports away immediately, that is her correct behavior. When she just stays there and lets you beat on her the first couple of minutes, THAT'S the bug.

Regardless, I don't believe there is a way to force her to that bugged (from a dev POV) state. Now when she teleports away immediately, there is one of the remote platforms where you can damage her via range to force her back to the center platform.The thing is that there is another "bug" that makes it so that the DQ stays in that invulnerable state *indefinitely*. As I mentioned above, I suspect this is not a bug but rather an intentional trigger (recently) added by devs... there is simply no way getting around it. For example, here's what I did one time:

1) At the platform, talk to the queen, swing a couple times, "0+0".
2) Start using bow. Every hit is "0+0".
3) Wander around the platform... when you get close to her and shoot her, she teleports to another side platform. Still "0+0".
4) Repeat #3 several times, with no change in outcome.
5) Kill all the archers, then mess with the queen some more. Still "0+0".
6) Repeat #3 several times, with no change in outcome.
7) Jump off the platform, down to the portal, and back up. Re-spawned archers agro on me, still "0+0" on the queen.
8) Give up.

Blazer
08-17-2007, 12:15 PM
Interesting Strakeln. The last time I went in there solo, when I got to Step #3 and #4, there was one platform where I could do damage to her. It was always the same platform, though I forget which one. I was eventually able to do enough damage to her on that platform to get her to spawn the efreet and come back to the center. Took a long time, for sure, but it worked.

Aspenor
08-17-2007, 12:16 PM
The thing is that there is another "bug" that makes it so that the DQ stays in that invulnerable state *indefinitely*. As I mentioned above, I suspect this is not a bug but rather an intentional trigger (recently) added by devs... there is simply no way getting around it. For example, here's what I did one time:

1) At the platform, talk to the queen, swing a couple times, "0+0".
2) Start using bow. Every hit is "0+0".
3) Wander around the platform... when you get close to her and shoot her, she teleports to another side platform. Still "0+0".
4) Repeat #3 several times, with no change in outcome.
5) Kill all the archers, then mess with the queen some more. Still "0+0".
6) Repeat #3 several times, with no change in outcome.
7) Jump off the platform, down to the portal, and back up. Re-spawned archers agro on me, still "0+0" on the queen.
8) Give up.

THat's exactly what happens to me on my spellsword. I figured I'd give it a shot on him, since he's got 28 Dex, 34 reflexes and evasion. He can't put a single scratch on her. The second I get another body in there, it work's fine.

Aspenor
08-17-2007, 12:22 PM
Interesting Strakeln. The last time I went in there solo, when I got to Step #3 and #4, there was one platform where I could do damage to her. It was always the same platform, though I forget which one. I was eventually able to do enough damage to her on that platform to get her to spawn the efreet and come back to the center. Took a long time, for sure, but it worked.

You lucky......

I get invulnerability on all platforms.

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 01:03 PM
Interesting Strakeln. The last time I went in there solo, when I got to Step #3 and #4, there was one platform where I could do damage to her. It was always the same platform, though I forget which one. I was eventually able to do enough damage to her on that platform to get her to spawn the efreet and come back to the center. Took a long time, for sure, but it worked.Out of curiosity, do you remember when this was? I was able to do "true solo" runs up until 1-2 months ago (I was gone for about 3 weeks in that period, so I'm not sure exactly when it started consistently occurring for me).

Couple little notes:
- The perma-invulnerability state is not new, I recall running into it as long as ~5 months ago, with or without groups.
- It doesn't appear to be related to class... I have taken in my barbarian, my sorc, and my ranger, all with the same results.
- When bringing a mule or another person along, she often ends up in the invulnerable state until she has teleported 2 or more times. I have not seen her stuck in this state permanently when there are two or more people... at least not recently (don't remember how extensive our testing was when this problem first showed up).
- Sometimes, when she gets into the perma-invulnerable state, she starts going freakin nuts with teleporting... going from platform to platform in the blink of an eye (and not just the ones that you're close to). I get a real kick out of this one... not only can you not do damage, you can't even get her targeted long enough to let loose an arrow. This state is pretty rare, only saw it once in the last 10 or so "true solo" attempts.

Sorry you're suffering this problem too, Asp... but at the same time, it makes me happy. It's good to not feel all alone in the cold anymore. :D

Jaysensen
08-17-2007, 01:21 PM
Okay, well I started teaching randoms how to beat her, so...

Tips for making Lailat vulnerable again:
1) Toss a FW off scroll, BB, Symbol of Flame or something, slightly behind her. If you place it correctly, she will take damage, and be vulnerable. It has to be placed exactly in the right spot. I have been unable to replicate this with a melee weapon. And well, if ya dont got UMD, this quite frankly isnt gonna work.

2) Toss every buff you have on yourself. ESP Stoneskin via ring. Make sure you have Heavy Fort. Maybe wear a Spearblock Robe? Aid False Life Clickies. Jump down to the lower level portal, and port back up. Hold down the shift key to block while you zone. Tumble back to your pillar. Time potions so that you are blocking when the barrages come, and drinking in between - this takes practice and isnt easy. Archers will give up after 10ish seconds of being off the center circle. After this she will be vulnerable most of the time. There is a small % chance that she ports and is invulnerable. Run to her on the outside of the platform to cause her to port, and try shooting her again.

I dont farm this super hardcore anymore, but if you are on Khyber and I happen to be doing this, I can bring you along to watch. (you can FO before completion and try again on your own)

Jaysensen
08-17-2007, 01:24 PM
Yeah, I'm of the opinion soloing it isn't worth the effort. It's fun to try (heck, even actually completing it once is awesome), but really, it requires a bit of luck as well as skill. Also, what if 2 items drop that you can't use? Better to bring a couple of other folks along to help them out with raid loot.

Yeah totally agree here. I think once you have proved to yourself that you can do it, thats enough. I used to solo it a lot because I was convinced the Torc was good for a Ranger. But its not.

The second time that Wyrmbiter soloed the queen, two +2 STR Tomes dropped. Guess what. He had already used a +2 STR Tome. That made me laugh, then I died a little inside.

Blazer
08-17-2007, 01:46 PM
Out of curiosity, do you remember when this was? I was able to do "true solo" runs up until 1-2 months ago (I was gone for about 3 weeks in that period, so I'm not sure exactly when it started consistently occurring for me).

Recently. Call it about 2 weeks ago.

Strakeln
08-17-2007, 01:51 PM
Tips for making Lailat vulnerable again:
1) Toss a FW off scroll, BB, Symbol of Flame or something, slightly behind her. If you place it correctly, she will take damage, and be vulnerable. It has to be placed exactly in the right spot. I have been unable to replicate this with a melee weapon. And well, if ya dont got UMD, this quite frankly isnt gonna work. This is what one can use to try and get her to not do the initial teleport, and it can be done with a melee weapon (although it is VERY hard to do w/melee weaps if you are in there solo, since you have to talk to her and be swinging at the same time, which is pretty much impossible). If you succeed in this tactic, the rest of the quest is smooth as silk. I suspect this might be considered an exploit, so it might not be wise to continue talking about it ;)

2) Toss every buff you have on yourself. ESP Stoneskin via ring. Make sure you have Heavy Fort. Maybe wear a Spearblock Robe? Aid False Life Clickies. Jump down to the lower level portal, and port back up. Hold down the shift key to block while you zone. Tumble back to your pillar. Time potions so that you are blocking when the barrages come, and drinking in between - this takes practice and isnt easy. Archers will give up after 10ish seconds of being off the center circle. After this she will be vulnerable most of the time. There is a small % chance that she ports and is invulnerable. Run to her on the outside of the platform to cause her to port, and try shooting her again.I'll have to try this again, last time I tried she remained invincible (I let her port a few times before giving up).

Jaysensen
08-17-2007, 07:17 PM
I suspect this might be considered an exploit, so it might not be wise to continue talking about it ;)

I'll have to try this again, last time I tried she remained invincible (I let her port a few times before giving up).

Think so? To me, this is just understanding her AI. I dont see how it really could be. Its not like I am advertising the safe spots. (There are safe spots in EVERY SINGLE Raid instance - and some more than one)

Keep trying after you port back up. It make her vulnerable again at some point.

Oh I forgot to suggest that after you have pwned the Queen and her efreets, when you go and kill the archers. Jump up and down. Jumping straight up and down is not considered moving, so you dont get the -4 to hit not having SOTR. The archers will miss you 9/10 times.

Melioch
08-20-2007, 07:05 AM
The basics and fundamentals concerning your, stationary tactic .. have already been explained so i guess I'll share what i know.

For the invulnerability issue:
She bugs almost 100% of the time when my first arrow is shot out of a destruction bow.

What i usually do in order to prevent this from happening is:

I activate her.
Wait about 4-5 seconds the time she cast her starting buffs / attacks ect..
I Shoot a few default shots until she teleports in the middle.
Once shes there i switch to my destruction and we start to dance.By default shots i mean the bow you will be using against her.
Personally i use:

Axiomatic of Greater Evil Outsider bane. w/ Holy arrows.
Silver w/ Cold Iron.
Give her a destruction shot once in a while.
As for me I stopped soloing her ever since the mobs got red names. I've done it but it's not worth the time and resources and to be honest, the day when I'll care about bragging rights over the internet will be the same day I will shoot myself in the face.

I prefer duo'trio her with guildies but let's keep that for another thread.

Happy hunting.

Strakeln
08-20-2007, 09:25 AM
Ran it about 5 times this weekend, either 2-man or "semi-solo" (2-box with my mule). Didn't bug (perma-invulnerability) once. For kicks and grins, left my mule outside on one run, she bugged.

Meh, I'll just keep bringing my mule in, then recalling him once I start doing damage. Been working pretty well lately, makes for painless runs.

Jaysensen
08-20-2007, 12:22 PM
For the invulnerability issue:
She bugs almost 100% of the time when my first arrow is shot out of a destruction bow.

What i usually do in order to prevent this from happening is:
[LIST=1]
I activate her.
Wait about 4-5 seconds the time she cast her starting buffs / attacks ect..
I Shoot a few default shots until she teleports in the middle.
Once shes there i switch to my destruction and we start to dance.

I know with 99.99999% certainty that it bugging isnt weapon related. I have tried various classes and weapons doing the initial aggro.

Also, if she teleports to the middle, she isnt Invulnerable. So those steps wont work if you are trying to make her de-bug.

Tavok
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Your on my server. If you want I can lend ya my +1 Axiomatic SB of Greater Chaotic Outsider Bane if I ever sign back online lol.

Vengenance
08-20-2007, 04:13 PM
Bug, bug, bug, bug, bug. Five for five on soloing attempts. Went in their with a guildie of mine (barbararian) and no bug. He died right away so it was almost like a solo attempt. Killed her, killed the knolls, raised my barbarbarian friend, and collected two utterly worthless pieces of loot. The staff of arcane power I believe and the green blade dropped. He got one I got the other and we both vendored them.

Strakeln
08-20-2007, 04:38 PM
Bug, bug, bug, bug, bug. Five for five on soloing attempts. Went in their with a guildie of mine (barbararian) and no bug. He died right away so it was almost like a solo attempt. Killed her, killed the knolls, raised my barbarbarian friend, and collected two utterly worthless pieces of loot. The staff of arcane power I believe and the green blade dropped. He got one I got the other and we both vendored them.Hehe. Good, another person to verify the apparent anti-solo trigger.

I forget if you're on the same server as me (Khyber), but if you are, I'm more than willing to send my mule in there with you so she doesn't bug, then recalling. He never completes the quest, he's just my... oh dear... de-bugging tool. :p

Edit: ah, nope, you're Argo. :(

Preylor
08-21-2007, 04:28 AM
Here's a video of my (at the time) level 12 Ranger during one of my 5 successful DQ solo runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYr8tgsjqeA

This is a 3-man attempt, but really ends up being a solo run, cuz the Bard is down by the lava for rezzing (I didn't need a rez), and the paladin pretty much was dead most of the time.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXR_SMpXwaA (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aXR_SMpXwaA)

I see you are able to get through the initial hallway without a problem. So here are the keys to a successful solo run:

I used a greater evil outsider bane bow with plain old +3 sturdy house D arrows. Now with the availability of CI arrows, I suggest using those. Have outsiders as a favored enemy. Lots of heal wands/pots. True seeing goggles and stoneskin wand or the Seal of the Earth rings. Shield clickies and/or Titan Cookies to negate the Efreeti's magic missles. The pouch of jerky has saved my ass lots of times during the runs. If you get incapped, you'll pop up if you have your jerky buff running at the time. The usuall assortment of buffs (GH, fire/sonic resists, bark, haste, lesser resto, etc.).

As you can see from the videos, I just run around the edge of the platform, backwards most of the time, getting shots off on her. Before they changed the gnolls to boss type enemies, I used to sap their STR with a weakening bow so they would miss me more often and cause less damage. Making sure to leave them with a bit of health so they would be easier to finish off at the end. Now you may have to drop of the platform if u have cripple issues. Anyways, just keep shooting at her. Maybe even getting a few efreeti with your precise shots.

I haven't encountered the invulnerability bug she has. I did notice tho that she wouldn't take any damage for a litle while after teleporting away. But that was only for about 5 or so teleports.

A good solo run should take ya about 20 mins or so.

Good Luck.

Jaysensen
08-21-2007, 01:50 PM
Here's a video of my (at the time) level 12 Ranger during one of my 5 successful DQ solo runs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uYr8tgsjqeA

Thanks for that video, btw. Your strat helped me and my friends out a lot a while back.

Unfortunately, the drastic changes to the encounter make that method much more difficult. The invulnerability "bug" is new - it happened with the update to the Archers.

It is still possible to do it that way, but to be honest you need lots of raid gear and enhancement tuning (FE:Saves etc) to beat her. A friend of mine still does it that way, but its a lot harder without Weakening or Blind.

BNFEAR
08-21-2007, 03:46 PM
I know I am not a ranger, but I found this thread very cool. I use my Paly, Ftr and bard who all have evasion. I have tried repeatedly to get her to take damage with no success, so we just two man it.

I watched the video that was made and when I got done I had to take a nap I was so tired. Wow, you have to go through a lot.

As a tank, once she is bugged I use the pillar and I duel wield +2 Holyburst Cold Iron Kopeshes of PG (Queen Killers).

Freets are agro'ed on partner so they do not come into play. Once she is down, range a freet at a time bringing them into melee till they are gone.

To complete, my partner comes up and the archer agro begins, and we just shield block, as only one has agro usually and the other throws out heals.

Once agro is lost, most of you know how to only be affected by two of the archers. I use a +1 Holy LB or Greater Gnoll Bane or a +1 Shocking Burst LB of Greater Gnoll Bane with Axiomatic Arrows. I only have Spearblock Armor so far cause she hates me! AC makes no difference as a tank, you will get hit standing there, so DR or Spear Block reduces the damage. The good news is they only agro 1 at a time and only on who is hitting them, so your partner just stands there and heals ya.

Even though this is a Ranger thread, I hope this helps some of ya.

I only two man, solo ****es me off, lot of work for nothing if she does not bug!

Hey Veng, lets run sometime soon...

Vengenance
08-21-2007, 04:12 PM
I'm off timer tonight so I'm free, well mostly, I need to run Burning City and ADQ first.

Jaysensen
08-25-2007, 09:18 PM
As posted in another thread:

the quest used to be bugged, now it seem more of like a protection vs exploits. key is you have to let it port to the sides 1st. DO NOT attack her. a slight damage to her during this time will bug her such that the becomes generally immune to damage. but while she is at the side platforms, you can range her and cause her some damage. in time, she'll become unbugged

If the queen is in Invincible mode, that means that no matter where she ports to, she is invincible. Thus, YOU WILL NEVER be able to damage her to 80% health, at which point she teleports to the center to try to kill you. Never. She will take ZERO damage no matter what platform she is on. If you CAN damage her on any platform, she is not in Invincible mode.

If you damage her immediately after triggering her, say with a Firewall, that does NOT trigger invincible mode. In fact, it can force her vulnerable, standing in your firewall.

Raid status or not raid status does not make a difference either way.

Guildmaster_Kadish
08-26-2007, 09:30 PM
The invulnerability "bug" is new - it happened with the update to the Archers.

No it didn't. It was always there, just didn't happen as regularly. I can speak from experience, I've done it a lot with my ranger... the bug didn't begin with that update.

HorridForm
08-26-2007, 09:59 PM
There's no bug. Unfortunately few people have actually taken the time to explore the raid mechanics beyond the safe spot. You can still damage her while she is teleporting to her 4 thrones and completely avoid the archer aggro. I reconmend you continue to perfect your tactic. The only hint I will give you is that before you damage her you should first lose aggro on the archers. Once you dont have them to bother you then you are gold.

Strakeln
08-26-2007, 10:49 PM
There's no bug.I disagree, as do countless others. I know what you say gets rid of it, I've tried it, and I've seen it fail. Multiple times.

Yes, sometimes she will un-bug. But sometimes, no matter what you do, she will not. Maybe once in a while your fix works, but there are times when nothing will.

HorridForm
08-27-2007, 12:14 AM
She's only immune to damage while teleporting, as long as she's shot before hand it doesnt matter where she is in the dungeon; the Queen will take damage. She resumes her reguler combat cycle after you deal about 8% damage of her total health.

There's no bug, just players who dont know how to combat her when they cannot immidiately rely on a safe location.

Strakeln
08-27-2007, 08:38 AM
She's only immune to damage while teleporting,Except for the times that she's immune to damage before, during, and after teleporting. You obviously have not experienced this bug.

as long as she's shot before hand it doesnt matter where she is in the dungeon; the Queen will take damage.Yeah, except sometimes she can't be shot beforehand because she's invulnerable, and stays that way. Have you actually been in the DQ solo or are you used to short-man runs? The way you're talking, it sounds like you've never done a true solo run. If you have, and you've never experienced this, then count yourself lucky. This bug happens a LOT more frequently if you run truly solo.

There's no bug, just players who dont know how to combat her when they cannot immidiately rely on a safe location.Sorry bro, you don't know what the heck you're talking about. As I explained earlier in the thread, there is NOTHING I haven't tried when she is stuck in this spot. Let me go over a general list:

1) Running around the platform (NOT in the safe spot).
2) Running around the platform and forcing her to teleport to other spots by shooting while close to her.
3) Jumping off the platform, going down to the portal, coming back up.
4) Killing off all the archers, running all over the platform.
5) Jumping in the lava for a quick dip, then teleporting back up
6) Hitting her with destruction, cursespewing, and crippling

I tried all of these and more one time when she bugged. Regardless of what I did, she still could not take damage. There is a bug, you just may not be experiencing it.

Jaysensen
08-27-2007, 12:08 PM
the safe spot

There is more than one "Safe Spot" in this encounter...

Jaysensen
08-27-2007, 12:14 PM
Oh and she does Invincible on short man groups also. Though I have never had a problem unbugging her.

If you are on Khyber, PM me in game and ill give you pointers.

HorridForm
08-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Except for the times that she's immune to damage before, during, and after teleporting. You obviously have not experienced this bug.

Yeah, except sometimes she can't be shot beforehand because she's invulnerable, and stays that way. Have you actually been in the DQ solo or are you used to short-man runs? The way you're talking, it sounds like you've never done a true solo run. If you have, and you've never experienced this, then count yourself lucky. This bug happens a LOT more frequently if you run truly solo.

Sorry bro, you don't know what the heck you're talking about. As I explained earlier in the thread, there is NOTHING I haven't tried when she is stuck in this spot. Let me go over a general list:

1) Running around the platform (NOT in the safe spot).
2) Running around the platform and forcing her to teleport to other spots by shooting while close to her.
3) Jumping off the platform, going down to the portal, coming back up.
4) Killing off all the archers, running all over the platform.
5) Jumping in the lava for a quick dip, then teleporting back up
6) Hitting her with destruction, cursespewing, and crippling

I tried all of these and more one time when she bugged. Regardless of what I did, she still could not take damage. There is a bug, you just may not be experiencing it.

I solo her with my Ranger, Rogue, Cleric, Barbarian, and Bard on a weekly basis. My problem with this discussion is that I've been in this position many times and have proven to several people on my home server Sarlona that there's no bug and that people simply don't know what they're doing.

Just 2 days ago I took Octavian of The Fallen on the Raid and when he was about to log out because she was "bugged." I showed him how to deal with it. Granted I've done the raid probably 75 times with 1 to 3 players and have never once experienced this vulnerability bug.

Anyone who plays on Sarlona who has this problem is welcome to look me up and I would be more then willing to go through the Raid with them to see this "bug."

Now if by some unknown reason I am the only person who doesnt experience this problem then I am fortunate.

I would like to state that your methods of dealing with the alleged bug aren't in my strategem to overcome her. I de-aggro the archers and then damage her from the outer rim of the platform and it works every time unless I actually die in the process.

Strakeln
08-27-2007, 12:56 PM
I solo her with my Ranger, Rogue, Cleric, Barbarian, and Bard on a weekly basis. My problem with this discussion is that I've been in this position many times and have proven to several people on my home server Sarlona that there's no bug and that people simply don't know what they're doing.

Just 2 days ago I took Octavian of The Fallen on the Raid and when he was about to log out because she was "bugged." I showed him how to deal with it. Granted I've done the raid probably 75 times with 1 to 3 players and have never once experienced this vulnerability bug.

Anyone who plays on Sarlona who has this problem is welcome to look me up and I would be more then willing to go through the Raid with them to see this "bug."

Now if by some unknown reason I am the only person who doesnt experience this problem then I am fortunate.

I would like to state that your methods of dealing with the alleged bug aren't in my strategem to overcome her. I de-aggro the archers and then damage her from the outer rim of the platform and it works every time unless I actually die in the process.I guess I'm envious that it doesn't cause any problems for you. Fortunately, I have found that having more than one person in the instance makes the problem pretty much disappear.

In general, I use the same strategy you describe, as do most people who short man or solo her. The list of my methods of attempting to deal with the bug are just things I tried out of exasperation, after having her be invulnerable for 15 minutes straight.

It's so easy to have the perma-invulnerability bug happen for me that I'm tempted to capture a fraps of it. Probably too lazy though.

Jaysensen
08-27-2007, 02:04 PM
I de-aggro the archers and then damage her from the outer rim of the platform and it works every time unless I actually die in the process.

Thats what I do. Works for me.

For the record, I dont solo her anymore, because I have enough of the items. I bring others for fear of throwing away two +2 STR tomes, like Wyrmbiter did. I plan to solo it on my battle cleric though ^^

Seriously, solo it once. It is a very nice feeling to know you CAN do it...But then bring friends who wont contend with the drops you are chasing.

HorridForm
08-27-2007, 02:39 PM
I guess I'm envious that it doesn't cause any problems for you. Fortunately, I have found that having more than one person in the instance makes the problem pretty much disappear.

In general, I use the same strategy you describe, as do most people who short man or solo her. The list of my methods of attempting to deal with the bug are just things I tried out of exasperation, after having her be invulnerable for 15 minutes straight.

It's so easy to have the perma-invulnerability bug happen for me that I'm tempted to capture a fraps of it. Probably too lazy though.

If you do then maybe it would help me understand the problem better.

Thats what I do. Works for me.

For the record, I dont solo her anymore, because I have enough of the items. I bring others for fear of throwing away two +2 STR tomes, like Wyrmbiter did. I plan to solo it on my battle cleric though ^^

Seriously, solo it once. It is a very nice feeling to know you CAN do it...But then bring friends who wont contend with the drops you are chasing.

lol I just taught my home boys how to solo it ^^ I still run newbies thru it with my Barb who has all the Queen items for fun.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-08-2007, 08:31 PM
So far I haven't tried to solo it yet, but I'm getting closer to attempting it... I've gotten the gloves and the ring so far, which are the main two of the four reasons I wanted to farm this raid.

However, I currently don't have any way to give myself a true seeing spell, which makes soloing the raid a little... Umm.. Challenging. Any suggestions?

Or am I just going to have to shoot at her twice as often....

Vengenance
09-10-2007, 02:50 PM
So far I haven't tried to solo it yet, but I'm getting closer to attempting it... I've gotten the gloves and the ring so far, which are the main two of the four reasons I wanted to farm this raid.

However, I currently don't have any way to give myself a true seeing spell, which makes soloing the raid a little... Umm.. Challenging. Any suggestions?

Or am I just going to have to shoot at her twice as often....

You need the sandstorm glasses now, permanent true seeing, complements of the DQ. I think this is a must from the chest before you try and solo her.

Myself I've quit trying to solo her, have been going in every three days with another person. We try to go in with one caster and one other toon so we don't throw away caster loot when it drops.

Cannon
09-17-2007, 11:04 PM
anyone on that is soloing this on Ghallanda? Best I have done is with 3

Strakeln
09-18-2007, 12:34 AM
You need the sandstorm glasses now, permanent true seeing, complements of the DQ. I think this is a must from the chest before you try and solo her.The scrolls are available, if you can UMD it.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-18-2007, 03:56 PM
The scrolls are available, if you can UMD it.

Yup yup.. I'd originally thought that a true seeing scroll had a 44 check, but since it's a 40, it's kinda within my reach. With my planar gird charge, and wearing all of my umd gear, I can hit a 22. So I'd waste a large stack of scrolls trying to cast it, but it might be worth it for a time or two.

So far, I've just been logging my gf's evasion paladin into the quest(her computer is only a couple of feet away from mine) and having her umd cast the scrolls for me.

Which is kinda like soloing the quest, but not really.....

Jaysensen
09-18-2007, 06:28 PM
Theres also a staff that has one click of TS. It is from Ghola Fan I think...

For the people who get her back to the center when she ports to the ledge immediatly please explain the following:

1. What do you do right after talking to her? Attack? Nothing?
2. When she ports away, the blades and archers spawn, what do you do next?
3. At what point does she begin to take damage from ranged combat?
4. Must you go through the bottom portal?
5. How long, or how much damage does she have to take to pop from the ledges back to the center?
6. Can you do this everytime, even solo? With no pets?

1,2,4) I do nothing at the start, buff up, jump down to the bottom portal, run to my pillar, then pray I survive. Jumping down and porting back up makes her vulnerable her every time for me. Someone else may have other suggestions.
3) If she is in "invincible mode" / bugged or whatever you wanna call it... she wont take any damage no matter where she is. The way I "unbug" her is jump down and port back up. And pray lol.
5) Time has no bearing on her status. Waiting wont help.
6) Never tried with a pet. Unless you consider a Sorc a pet.

Vengenance
09-18-2007, 07:55 PM
Theres also a staff that has one click of TS. It is from Ghola Fan I think...

1,2,4) I do nothing at the start, buff up, jump down to the bottom portal, run to my pillar, then pray I survive. Jumping down and porting back up makes her vulnerable her every time for me. Someone else may have other suggestions.
3) If she is in "invincible mode" / bugged or whatever you wanna call it... she wont take any damage no matter where she is. The way I "unbug" her is jump down and port back up. And pray lol.
5) Time has no bearing on her status. Waiting wont help.
6) Never tried with a pet. Unless you consider a Sorc a pet.

I've made her vulnerable again by doing a couple of things, the first and easiest is to make her teleport a couple of times until she becomes vulnerable again (works ~40% of the time). Second is to aggro the archers and then de-aggro them (best to prepare for this as it stings a little). I've never had to jump down, but I'm guessing aggroing the archers and then deaggroing them is the key. Been short-manning (2 or 3 people) this quest every three days and we don't have a problem, I haven't gone in back solo, but may give it another shot as I now have a better understanding of the raid dynamics. I've also found that a fire wall thrown a little behind her usually keeps her in her spot, but this may also just be a luck thing.

Osharan_Tregarth
09-18-2007, 10:52 PM
I've made her vulnerable again by doing a couple of things, the first and easiest is to make her teleport a couple of times until she becomes vulnerable again (works ~40% of the time). Second is to aggro the archers and then de-aggro them (best to prepare for this as it stings a little). I've never had to jump down, but I'm guessing aggroing the archers and then deaggroing them is the key. Been short-manning (2 or 3 people) this quest every three days and we don't have a problem, I haven't gone in back solo, but may give it another shot as I now have a better understanding of the raid dynamics. I've also found that a fire wall thrown a little behind her usually keeps her in her spot, but this may also just be a luck thing.

She's gone invulnerable on me a few times so far with the 2-3 person groups that have been in the quest, when teleporting to one of the outer areas. So far, the only thing I've had to do was keep shooting at her, and when she teleported again she wasn't invulnerable any more.

I imagine from some of the people talking so far, that when I finally start trying out some true solo runs I'll have to deal with the invul thing more often. We'll see how it goes...

Strakeln
09-18-2007, 11:37 PM
She's gone invulnerable on me a few times so far with the 2-3 person groups that have been in the quest, when teleporting to one of the outer areas. So far, the only thing I've had to do was keep shooting at her, and when she teleported again she wasn't invulnerable any more.

I imagine from some of the people talking so far, that when I finally start trying out some true solo runs I'll have to deal with the invul thing more often. We'll see how it goes...Yep... in 2 or 3-person groups, she can go invincible, but will usually straighten out after a few teleports. For those that experience the bug, she will not break out of it in solo runs.