PDA

View Full Version : Does Prayer stack with Luck Gloves?

Kaldaka
08-14-2007, 09:47 AM
They are both luck bonus +1 to skills. Do they stack together when figuring Search, DD, etc.?

Impaqt
08-14-2007, 10:20 AM
Nope. THey do not stack.

Kaldaka
08-14-2007, 10:45 AM
Wow then the luck gloves aren't a very good reward for rogue are they? My UMD at the Threnal levels will be high enough to use scrolls of prayer.

Mad_Bombardier
08-14-2007, 11:14 AM
Wow then the luck gloves aren't a very good reward for rogue are they? My UMD at the Threnal levels will be high enough to use scrolls of prayer.Or find a clicky item with Prayer (even though you can UMD with 100% success). They are fairly common and saves on scroll cost in the long-run. :)

Aeneas
08-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Prayer is clicky, luck bonus from gloves is perm. That's a big deal as the scrolls last like 30 seconds.

Impaqt
08-14-2007, 04:35 PM
Most rogues end up swapping out the gloves all the time anyway..... a Prayer scroll is plenty for those times when ya need just a little more.....

Personally, I dont use the Gloves, Scrolls or a clicky.. Its just not worth my time.. If I blow a trap that I only could of blown if I roll a one.. Big deal....

Shamguard
08-14-2007, 07:55 PM
Most rogues end up swapping out the gloves all the time anyway..... a Prayer scroll is plenty for those times when ya need just a little more.....

Personally, I dont use the Gloves, Scrolls or a clicky.. Its just not worth my time.. If I blow a trap that I only could of blown if I roll a one.. Big deal....

Besides, probably only disarming the trap for the xp bonus; since everyone else has already run through the thing. The only reason you may have to disarm is to make it easier to recover someones soul stone. In the case, if you blow up the trap, say "Darn rolled a one. Sorry dude guess you have to recall out. Maybe you should have waited to see if I could disarm the trap first.":D

Aeneas
08-15-2007, 03:27 PM
Don't wear them for the skill boost of 1, wear them for the stacking save boost.

Impaqt
08-15-2007, 03:33 PM
Don't wear them for the skill boost of 1, wear them for the stacking save boost.

Which also does NOT stack with the +1 Luck Bonus to saves that Prayer Provides.. (Or the +2 from Recitation)

Aeneas
08-16-2007, 01:05 AM
Nah, i meant stacks with resistance items, divine grace, and pally aura.

Zorlinta
08-17-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah, rabbit gloves are good but doesnt stack with prayer items, so im personally found much usefull a prayer item for 30 secs of +1 luck than the gloves because i use the forgotten craft gauntlets ;) or a gloves with open lock +10, so im use in conjunction with my feather fall boots of prayer ;)

Im would agree with impact that is a waste of space if u use it on the case to not blow a trap with 1, but im disagree in the case that you need it to dont blow a trap with 15-16, in wich each point you can use to boost is extremely valuable (as my case on cabal elite trap where i need all possible boosts to found & disable)

Actually if you are lucky to found or get with a +2 luck item then you should not worry on prayer scrolls/clicky or rabbit gloves :), im hope luck come to me someday :)

Edit: yeah i know cabal one trap is not worth, that the chest is optional, and it have lots of junk, but still the fact itself of at least once have being able to disable it gave a purpose or goal to my rogue :)

Impaqt
08-17-2007, 06:06 PM
My Rogue Won the roll on a Head of Good Fortune a couple Nights ago :) Its a very nice addition.