PDA

View Full Version : Giant Stalker Knife

emsteiner
08-14-2007, 07:48 AM
Isn't the giant stalker knife suppose to be giant bane?

blakbyrd
08-14-2007, 07:56 AM
Yes it is, or was (now debating this as it appears yours may be different).

What is your's saying it is? Or rather what makes you ask?

Maybe something has changed or there is a bug in how it is being generated, but it used to be Giant bane of greater Giant bane.

emsteiner
08-14-2007, 07:58 AM
That it is just +1 kurki but with a description that it was made by Drows to hunt giants nothing about any Giant bane or greater Giant bane

Ekental
08-14-2007, 08:02 AM
A long time ago...
The giantstalker knife was working improperly, and did not give the correct bane dmg.

That was fixed, although not retroactively.
I'm sure Ziggy, the only person AR enough to actually care, can point you to the relevant post.

Either way, it sounds like you have an older version, if you were planning to use it, too bad. Your best bet is to find another, or simply cry softly in a corner.

Anther possibility is that you are blind, and are not correctly reading the paragraph describing "Greater Giant Bane", but that seems miniscule, as you got the +1 part down pat.

Symar-FangofLloth
08-14-2007, 08:06 AM
There were problems on Risia involving bane weapons not having the bane portion. If this is a recent acquirement, bug report it.

emsteiner
08-14-2007, 08:08 AM
Thanks I'll look at again tonight when I'm on

Ironforge_Clan
08-14-2007, 08:14 AM
If you are unable to resolve the "problem" and you are on Thelanis let me know I have a bunch of them.

Uska
08-14-2007, 08:18 AM
I had some banes that lost their bane quality during the merge I contacted a gm in game and after bumping up to lvl 2 the gm looked at the items and traded me ones the were correct. took 30 min or less total.

blakbyrd
08-14-2007, 08:32 AM
Actually during the merge I had a +2 protection ring turn into a +2 resistance ring. A little annoying when I found out but I had another to swap it with so no real harm done. Didnt bother waiting on a reponse from a ticket, I just sold the new resistance one.

Wierd things happen, and GMs can correct these problems if they want to, its just that not all want to or know they can even do it apparently.

emsteiner
08-15-2007, 08:22 AM
I got it fixed last night Sparker sent me 2 new giant stalker knives with the greater giant bane on them. Look out stormcleave here comes Clickie

Beorn_The_Bear
08-18-2007, 07:26 AM
My ranger dual wields those against giants +5 to hit and 1d6+3d6: it's called mass murder.