PDA

View Full Version : High Wis/Con Build with items.

Placenta
08-13-2007, 02:26 PM
What I find to be a fun build is maxing Con and Wis on a human 32 pt build. (I know I am not original)
Before I get flamed for this. This is my third cleric. Have taken first one to 10. Second one to 14 and kept(High Wis/Chr). Third one is listed here. Not saying this to brag. Just stating this to hopefully qualify what I say. Just hoping it will give some ppl some ideas on what they can do for a fun damage/heal build. I realize that everyone has a diff play style.
This one happens to suit me and would like to share tactics/ideas. You are more than welcome to let me know what you think.

AC 18 unbuffed(Have decent hp so can only gripe at myself for taking too much damage)

Saves:
15 Fort
20 Will
3 Reflex

Starting Ending
Abilities Base Stats Base Stats
(32 Point) (Level 1) (Level 14)
Strength 8 12(DQ Belt)
Dexterity 8 8
Constitution 18 22(DQ Belt)
Intelligence 8 14(with cloak)
Wisdom 18 32(Neck +2 tome)
Charisma 8 16(with cloak +2 tome)

Level 1 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Mental Toughness
Feat: (Human Bonus) Toughness
Level 3 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Empower Healing Spell
Level 6 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Improved Mental Toughness
Level 9 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Maximize Spell
Level 12 (Cleric)
Feat: (Selected) Extend Spell

Enhancement: Human Adaptability Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Improved Empower Healing I
Enhancement: Cleric Improved Empower Healing II
Enhancement: Cleric Concentration I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life II
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Life III
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life I
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life II
Enhancement: Cleric Prayer of Incredible Life III
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic I
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic II
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic III
Enhancement: Cleric Life Magic IV
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot I
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot II
Enhancement: Cleric Energy of the Zealot III
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom I
Enhancement: Cleric Wisdom II
Enhancement: Cleric Divine Healing I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery I
Enhancement: Cleric Wand Mastery II

Equip:
Stormreaver's Napkin (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/StormreaversNapkin.jpg)
Underwater Helm of the Magi
Fearsome Mith BP of command(Just cause I like the look and fearsome saves me)
Concentration 10 ring
Demon queen belt (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/LionheadedBeltBuckle.jpg)
Demon queen bracers (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/BracersoftheDemonConsort.jpg)
Demon queen jerky (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/PouchofJerky.jpg)
Heavy fort ring
Plus 6 wisdom Necklace
Bramble Casters(gloves) (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/BrambleCasters.jpg)
Gyroscopic Boots (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/GyroscopicBootsofStriding.jpg)

Would like:
Torc of Prince Raiyum-de II (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/CJGMURPG/DDOitems/TorcofPrinceRaiyumdeII.jpg)

Weapon pairs:

[Healing/Blade Barrier/Harm/Cometfall]
Superior Potency VI scepter
Superior Void Lore Light mace

[Held/Flesh to Stone Mobs]
+4 Flameburst dagger of puncturing
+1 Cursespewing dagger of puncturing

[Undead when running stuff on normal. Only have to hit em with it. It's up to them to make the save]
+1 Ghost touch heavy mace of disrupt(human only)
+2 Heavy mace of disrupt(human only)

Sure you do not have any dvs. 4 total(until chr + items figure in) max at lvl 14. She has a horrible AC. Not too much of a difference in lvl 16 quests between having a 40ac and a 18ac IMO. If it is beating on you better kill it quick or get it off ya. She has 1253 sp and a fairly high concentration skill(38 with greater hero and concentration ring. Not the best but good enough).
Plus with greater false life, the demon queen belt, and toughness(Feat) she can get her hp to 272. Not the greatest but kinda cool for a cleric till I get a plus 2 con tome.
Mostly wanted the belt to combine str/con and have fear immunity.(In combination with my armor I think mobs have to make two saves per hit on shaken since if they save fear they get shaken?)

Possible outcomes for living mobs beating on this cleric.
Shaken(From the belt):)
Feared(From armor):)
Cursed(From bracers):)
Inflict mod wounds(Bracers):)
1D8 Thorn Damage(Gloves):)
Gives me 30 temp hp

(Seldom get delvled. Carry restore scrolls for when it happens. That is if I forget to put deathward on myself. That's right! My sp is for fun not restoring missing lvls lol):D

Have enough hp to survive the hits with enough concentration to heal myself while getting beat down.
With greater fort item you can survive most heavy combat. Plus your heal will hit minimum 399 with all life magics, empower heal, superior potency VI item. With all the crit enhancements for healing you can get your heal up to 998hp or more. I can do 998 atm.(Overkill unless you are healing undead)
Don't really need to heal for more than that if it will full bar a max hp warforged that is not healers friendly inside a POP undead room lol. Where the high healing crits are good for mostly is the group heals. If maximized max cure moderate will crit in the mid 300s and the base of it will usually full bar the group.
Great for boss fights and ticking off/killing mass undead mobs fast.

Maximized Blade Barrier:
220-250Damage/per each side of the blades
440-500 total damage

Maximized Comet Fall:
220-250 Bludgeon dmg

Harm:
Crits up to high 800s

I am sure there are better set up clerics with higher damage and better heals but if I want to sit back and heal I still can with this toon. What is funny is it seems more cost effective half of the time to just Destruct/Slayliving or kite the mobs back and forth through a nasty Blade Barrier than drop endless wand charges and heal scrolls on a melee type that is taking a ton of damage while killing one mob at a time.
If you can convince your group to engage the mobs after they have cleared the entire blade barrier they can then mop them up quick. If they beat on you then so be it. Heal yourself and wait for them to be feared or pulled off ya. It is funny to watch your cleric getting pounded untill the mobs just stop in stare.
It is like they are in disbelief that you are stupid enough to run near them with a 18 ac. 272 hp should be enough to keep you up and alive through most things in the game. If it dips halfway then drop a heal on yourself.
I am expecting to hear that this is a crazy play style. I hear it from friends and guild mates but have a very high survivability. Easily able to two man crucible/Solo Most side quests in gianthold/Shortman most raids while having fun and being active.

Will edit this post more in the future. Server is back up lol!!!

Malbolja
Lopan
Lopanis
Bushidoe
Jazzyjeff
Stinkpelt
Eggshen

Former Xoriat Server

Impaqt
08-13-2007, 02:39 PM
TOughness is a COmplete waste of a feat on this build. If your not getting the benefitr from Toughness ENhancmenets, there are LOTS of other feats worth taking. Like you said.. 272 Hit points.... Take away the Toughness feats leaves you with 256. Still Very good for a Pure Cleric... Remeber.. You can heal yourself quite efficiently... The 16 Hit poitns are not going to save you from anything.
Need a few more Hit points? AID and Divine Power, both self casts, for about 3 more temp hit points.

Placenta
08-13-2007, 03:05 PM
Yeah that feat is interchangeable with anything you want. Joys of being a human cleric!!! I am running with toughness for now because empower spell currently costs too much to stack with Maximize. When they change the cost of it I will be dropping toughness for Empower Spell.
I do use aid/aid pot/GH/Rage pot to max my hp for really tough encounters. Thank you much for the reply. Very good advise. The initial post was getting too long so I cut it off instead of explaining all future plans. Figured I wait and just answer questions or comments.

Sojourner
08-14-2007, 04:24 PM
Personally, I would swap Toughess out and take Extend Spell at level 1. For those first few levels, a couple extra minutes of buffs is going to be worth more than a few extra HPs.

Even at level 14 you're only getting 16 extra HP. With that CON, you should be good for HP, I wouldn't waste a feat for only 16 more. Not sure what I'd recommend for level 12 feat in exchange though. Maybe Spell Penetration.

Also - Improved Empower Healing III enhancement is pretty pricey. I love EH and IEH, but only went up to IEH II because the cost-benefit of IEH III doesn't really make it worth it.

Placenta
08-15-2007, 08:16 AM
Even at level 14 you're only getting 16 extra HP. With that CON, you should be good for HP, I wouldn't waste a feat for only 16 more. Not sure what I'd recommend for level 12 feat in exchange though. Maybe Spell Penetration.

Have had spell pen. But even without it there are hardly any mobs that require it. Some tough elite casters but might as well just kite em back and forth through a blade barrier. Went toughness route because even though it is 16 hp it is still extra hp for me. Was planning on swapping it out once they redo feat costs and pick up Empower Spell.

Placenta
08-15-2007, 08:18 AM
Also - Improved Empower Healing III enhancement is pretty pricey. I love EH and IEH, but only went up to IEH II because the cost-benefit of IEH III doesn't really make it worth it.

Will look into this. Never really paid attention to mana cost using between IEH II and III will check that one out. Do not mind swapping around enhancements. Do it quite often.

Placenta
08-16-2007, 03:24 AM

You are totally right. I changed that around. My heal cost when from 45 empowered healing sp to 47 empowered. So that freed up six enhancement points. Took those points and invested them into wand and scroll mastery. Think I will change that though to concentration.

Thanks again!!!