PDA

View Full Version : Request for information

CrimsonSeraphim
08-13-2007, 01:49 PM
I hate to say it, but I think its time that the devs let us know what's going on with Khyber. From the beginning, Khyber has had more than its fair share of technical problems and a lot more 'unique' trouble than the other servers.

Please let us know what's unique about Khyber:
Do we have older hardware?
Do we get used as the test update server (so the mistakes happen to us and not to the others)?
Are we secretly running alongside a branch of LOTRO?
Does the hamster have narcoleptic tendencies?

Indrn_Fretgoop
08-13-2007, 01:51 PM
I thought ours was the Gerbil

Boldrin
08-13-2007, 01:56 PM
No gerbil would be so mean, it's a fat lazy rat, and he likes chewing wires more than spinning wheels.

Armathia
08-13-2007, 02:01 PM
Hehe love the narcoleptic hamster ;)

Well all I can say is with the problems we had on Aundair and now I hear how Khyber had them also, lol looks like we r in for some fun laggy times!!

Gonna have to get a cat to start makin that hamster move!!

Nemsin
08-13-2007, 02:02 PM
It might be worth investing in the premium services server change just to get onto a stable server. Kinda seems like they should offer a free move off of Khyber though.

Boldrin
08-13-2007, 02:11 PM
We Riedrans have inherited the problems by default, I guess. The old server seemed to run just fine.

Boneyard
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
Maybe they will realize that merging three servers onto the server with the worst lag and history of crashes was a bad idea. Gas does not go onto the fire unless you want it to blow up. Or maybe they finally realized that it is optimum to have us pay for a service we can not use. How about giving those of us that didnt choose this server a free server transfer token?

-J

Kaboth
08-13-2007, 02:16 PM
They need to stop using the "cup holders" on the server machines.

Volga
08-13-2007, 03:43 PM
I'm not typically one of the people to join a witch hunt and go burn the 1st lady I see.

But I must admit that Khyber has really seen an increase in problems. The merge is fine and the extra players are great... But platitudes of kicking a server don't help. Everyone else gets to play and build thier toons while we have to wait and I do not think that is fair.

May I suggest that the gods bestow a day or 3 of +50% +1 level loot for us to address this?

I know that there is no gaurantee on the service etc, but some information or a gesture of goodwill would go a long way to quell all of the negative Khyber talk I'm inundated with.

Regards,

Strakeln
08-13-2007, 03:55 PM
I'm not typically one of the people to join a witch huntWait, you found a witch?

May we burn her?

CrimsonSeraphim
08-13-2007, 04:03 PM
only if she weighs more than a duck

Uska
08-13-2007, 04:46 PM
only if she weighs more than a duck

I thought witches weighed less then ducks because they float?

Strakeln
08-13-2007, 06:45 PM
I thought witches weighed less then ducks because they float?I think my sig should cover it from here :D

Sertrynus
08-13-2007, 06:59 PM
Since the maintainence that occured last night (I'm in Australia, so it occured at night for me :( ) can anyone actually say if the Lag / performance etc has actually improved or are we all praying that this will happen in MOD 5?

Just curious is all

Personally I wouldn't want to see a Loot Weekend happen until the issue is fixed as all they seem to do is "stress test" the environment and make more people annoyed. After the issue is fixed, maybe Khyber can get a +2 Loot Weekend :p

Eladiun
08-13-2007, 07:36 PM
What it's only 6 hours late in coming up with no information? I can't believe anyone would be upset by this. I mean really you people are so easily rattled. :)

But seriously what the *explitive deleted* is going on. This is crazy how did I draw the short straw and get moved to Kyber. You should just rename the server to Downtime Central and get it over with.

At least last time we had Patience here giving us updates and jokes...

Armathia
08-15-2007, 02:39 AM
Ok y did the rogue cross the road?

Her fingers got stuck picking the chickens pocket :P

Emili
08-15-2007, 06:44 AM
I doubt you get a response from Turbine here. I would also have thought they would have picked the best hardware (and track record) out of the three servers to merge the three on to... but maybe they went the other way for another reason?:D

There is no denying Riedra had problems from time to time... however for the most part Riedra was a pretty stable environment in comparison to what we have now.

What is ashame is there are a lot of new people to group with but I sometimes am reluctant in my grouping due to server performance. I find myself picking from people I know more than not due to the server being the way it is.

Hvymetal
08-15-2007, 06:46 AM
I am curious as to why you would group with people you know due to server performance? Maybe it's because it's 4:47am and I am waiting to get off work so my mental capacities are not up to snuff? Does that mean that people that come from a buggy server are not up to par because they are from a buggy server? Or does that mean.... well I really don't know what else you ment. Not defensive here just curious.

Harncw
08-15-2007, 08:34 AM
I am curious as to why you would group with people you know due to server performance? Maybe it's because it's 4:47am and I am waiting to get off work so my mental capacities are not up to snuff? Does that mean that people that come from a buggy server are not up to par because they are from a buggy server? Or does that mean.... well I really don't know what else you ment. Not defensive here just curious.

Not to speak for her but I interpret it as...

I prefer not to run somehting with a PUG outta fear of server problems causing me to disconn and unfamiliar party members not waiting on me, therefore I lose out.

We had a party member miss out on the blue dragon chest cause she D/C'd the other day... Although that instance was probably a client side issue. The PUG didnt want to wait on her coming back :(

Hvymetal
08-15-2007, 03:48 PM
Not to speak for her but I interpret it as...

I prefer not to run somehting with a PUG outta fear of server problems causing me to disconn and unfamiliar party members not waiting on me, therefore I lose out.

We had a party member miss out on the blue dragon chest cause she D/C'd the other day... Although that instance was probably a client side issue. The PUG didnt want to wait on her coming back :(
Told ya I was tired at the time, well at work=tired:) Thanks makes sense.

CrimsonSeraphim
08-17-2007, 02:07 PM
Info please turbine...

Randor
08-17-2007, 03:04 PM
Info please turbine...

/signed...bolded, underlined, highlighted!!!

As a transplanted Aundarian, I have found my new playmates quite likeable, but the environment, er server, freezes, wheezes and hacks like a 105 year old filterless smoking, marlboro man with alzheimers. Every reference form reputed Aundair folks says the same thing (not that I'm one:D )...we had minimal to nonexistent problems prior to the merge on Aundair.

Since the merge, and not necessarily related to each other, I have had numerous client failures, lag, 3 instances of not being able to complete a quest, bad lag, long load times, worse lag, rubberbanding, unbearable lag, server down when others weren't, and did I mention LAAAAAGGGGG????? Recurring themes that have been plastered all over the boards since months before the merger about Khyber.

So, like others have and still will, I feel compelled to ask- WHY THE *EXPLETIVE DELETED* WAS KHYBER CHOSEN AS THE SERVER TO MERGE TO, AND WHAT IS GOING TO BE DONE ABOUT IT????? As I feel as compelled to ask, I feel equally as deserving (i.e. paying customer) of a response.

That is all, not too much to ask for IMO.

DasLurch
08-21-2007, 02:05 AM
I get a kick out of all the "Terrible Lag" posts on Khyber now. I will honestly say, the lag has gone down, YES DOWN, from what Khyber was like 90% of the time before the merge. The load times have gone up (and that is annoying), but the lag in game is no where near what we used to complain about. All I can say is that if you really want to see how bad it can get, wait for the next loot or welcome back weekend. Then you'll see what we were always screaming about. :eek:

Citymorg
08-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I hate to say it, but I think its time that the devs let us know what's going on with Khyber. From the beginning, Khyber has had more than its fair share of technical problems and a lot more 'unique' trouble than the other servers.

Please let us know what's unique about Khyber:
Do we have older hardware?
Do we get used as the test update server (so the mistakes happen to us and not to the others)?
Are we secretly running alongside a branch of LOTRO?
Does the hamster have narcoleptic tendencies?

My personal speculation is that it has something to do with being a Beta server, and something with the setup may not have been quite right that corrected when they set-up the other servers. However, I am not a technical guy and have no actual evidence to support it, just my speculation.

May I suggest that the gods bestow a day or 3 of +50% +1 level loot for us to address this?

Regards,

They've already tried this, twice, and we still have the lag ;)