PDA

View Full Version : O.K. So I'm approaching the cap

Guevara1
08-13-2007, 01:16 PM
Now that I've hit level 14, my attention will be moving to accumulating favor and acquiring uber wizard items. So, I'd like to ask the wizards and sorcerers -what the top three items, for casters, in the game?

Also, There was some talk on the boards about the Reaver's Napkin not working properly. Was that correct? If so, is it working properly now? I got lucky enough to get one yesterday and I'm all giddy.

Draclaud
08-13-2007, 01:25 PM
Either Blue or Black Dragon Robe
Dragons Eye/POP X/Widows Eye
Torc of Priince Raiyum the whatever
Napkin
Superior Potency Items
Extra DC Items IE Necromancy/Transutation ect...

There isn't and end all beat all item(outside of the Torc) As long as you have a magi item, and a pontency item you'll be OK.

It's nothing like the Mele's who if you don't have a SOS on your barb you're seriously behind the power curve.

Blind_Skwerl
08-13-2007, 01:59 PM
Agreed. For a pure caster, equiptment defines your character's ability less than it does on a melee. But if you are of the "Pimp my Ride" mentality (like I am), I'd start with a Intelligence 6 item if you don't have one. Then go for the almighty Wizardry 7 item. That will keep you busy. A Superior Potency 5+ scepter is also something worth trying to get ahold of. Also Superior Lore scepters for any elmental damage spells you throw around (crit firewalls are good :) ). If you run the GHT alot to get yourself a dragonscale robe, you might want the Spiked Boots out of PoP. Otherwise, you may find yourself on you keester when battling the white dragon. Of course, after finishing of the dragons, you might as well continue on to the Stormreaver, and try to get yourself some +3 tomes. Plenty to keep one busy, especially when you decide to set up a second caster and don't want to share any equiptment between them. ;)

Locathus
08-13-2007, 05:50 PM
I think the other posts hit most of the big items. I'll see if I come up with more later, BUT - the Reaver Napkin is NOT bugged (for me at least). I tested it in the PvP area and it is working as intended.