PDA

View Full Version : A totaly newb question or two

gamer111
08-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Hi i've been playing for a few months and had a few questions.
1) How do I put mmore than 1 shortcut bar on my main screen, looks like it may be useful!!!!
2)I see everyone talking about these builds and editors, and they list all the stats with mods, plusses, etc. are the mods before or after character creation, items or what?? I get pretty confused by the listings and I'm hoping it's just that I'm a newb to 3rd edition online( and not that I am stupid he he he)
3) How do I make pictures/videos of screen play??
Thx all appreciate the help

Symar-FangofLloth
08-13-2007, 12:47 PM
1: You can "undock" the other bars by scrolling to it and clicking the little arrow, not the one in a square shape (that rotates to vertical) but the other.
2: ctrl-p or print screen will take a screen shot. videos require some sort of program that usually costs money. I don't have one, so I don't know :p

Klattuu
08-13-2007, 01:01 PM
1) How do I put mmore than 1 shortcut bar on my main screen, looks like it may be useful!!!!
2)I see everyone talking about these builds and editors, and they list all the stats with mods, plusses, etc. are the mods before or after character creation, items or what?? I get pretty confused by the listings and I'm hoping it's just that I'm a newb to 3rd edition online( and not that I am stupid he he he)
3) How do I make pictures/videos of screen play??
Thx all appreciate the help

1) There is a little arrow button on the shortcurt bar which allows you to lift the current bar into a separate floating window. After that you adjust orientation and location (and put it back in if so inclined).

2) Attributes are set at character creation but can be increased over time as you level up. Currently you have 3 opportunities in increase an attribute 1 point as you level up (level 4, 8 and 12) and there are opportunites to increase attributes permanently with items called tomes.

3) By pressing ctrl-P, a jpeg is created and stored in the Dungeons and Dragons Online folder under My Documents. Alt-Z will remove most on screen controls for a cleaner picture and you can remove overhead text with a key press as well (mine is set to the letter V).
Movies are a different story. There is no in-game tool to film activity. You will need to aquire some on-screen recorder such a Fraps to do so.

Beherit_Baphomar
08-13-2007, 01:03 PM
1) How do I put mmore than 1 shortcut bar on my main screen, looks like it may be useful!!!! On number one hotbar there are arrows up and down, they take you to hotbar2, hotbar3, hotbar4 etc. When you get to the next hotbar there is another arrow that you can hit to unattach it from hotbar1. When you do this you can rotate the new, unattached hotbar vertically or horizontally. You can do this up to 10 times, more with a certain technique.

2)I see everyone talking about these builds and editors, and they list all the stats with mods, plusses, etc. are the mods before or after character creation, items or what?? I get pretty confused by the listings and I'm hoping it's just that I'm a newb to 3rd edition online( and not that I am stupid he he he) Cant really answer this unless you point me to a specific build. Most builds posted will show creation stats and twinked stats. If ever in doubt the most a starting stat can be is 20 (with racial modifiers)

3) How do I make pictures/videos of screen play?? Pictures you hit CNTRL + P and I think to get pictures without the chat screens and hotbars its CNTRL + Z, but CNTRL+P for sure. Video, most people use a program called fraps which can be downloaded from here (http://www.fraps.com/)

Thx all appreciate the help No problem

Beherit.