PDA

View Full Version : what does item setup look like?

roughdoughnut
08-13-2007, 10:30 AM
Here is my ideal, just missing a few of these:

Helm: Wizardry 6, then swap to Concentration +13
Necklace: Torq
Trinket: Head of Good Fortune
Goggles: Spectacles of Spirit Sight
Cloak: +6 Charisma
Belt: Titan Belt, Disease Immun of GFS
Ring: +4 Resistance
Ring: Ring of Shadows Ring of the Djinn
Bracers: Illusion + Cojuration Focus
Boots: Golden Greaves, Delving Boots
Gloves: 7 Fingered, Bramblecasters
Robe: Fearsome of so and so
Weapons: Sup Pot 6, Greenblade, Dreamsplitter

Is there anything that im overlooking?
Im still not convinced that Ring of Shadows does anything while blur and displacement are up.

arcane_nite
08-13-2007, 11:47 AM
I have almost the same setup. Look into getting the reaver napkin (+1 to all dc's / +6 int) and then you can wear +6 str,dex, or the demon queen bracers. Also, with the new shield spell giving u +3 resist, is a +4 item really that critical? Maybe kardgins (sp?) eye at +5 might be worth it and then switch it and the head of good fortune out?

*edit - based on ur setup the napkin would free up your bracer and goggle spot. That is huge IMO. You would just need to find a +6 cha ring.

jkm
08-13-2007, 12:42 PM
i sat in the low road for 40 minutes one day testing blur/displacement.

first, take off your ice/fire/acid guard. it will kill the kobolds.

with displacement only, every miss was 'displaced'
with blur/displacement, every miss was 'displaced'
with blur, every miss was 'blurry'

displacement was roughly 60% misses
blur/displacement was roughly 45% misses
blur was roughly 25% misses

sample size wasn't large enough to normalize apparently...

Desteria
08-13-2007, 01:45 PM
Here is my current - planned when I get the items
Very similar in most areas. I am 99.9% sure RoS does not stack with Displacment etc. The onyl thing i find realyl disturbign abotu your set up is lack of con item I find my 200 hp base realyl helps.

Helm: Wizardry 6 I'm to lazy to swap i forget to put it back.
Necklace: Con+6 - Torq when I get it con to a ring(need +6 still)
Trinket: Head of Good Fortune
Goggles: Titan +10 con thingy - um lets see what future raid loot brings basicaly open atm.
Cloak: Stormreavers Napkin (+1 all DC's +6 int)
Belt: Dis imune GFL - Titan Belt maby WAY in the futur not gona take it from a tank type.
Ring: +6 Cha
Ring: Feather Falling, +4 resistance(beholders dispell the buff), +5 dex - +5/6Con if I get torc maby swap with dijin if i get one.
Bracers: Open atm (+2 str 3 Remove fear clicky) - DQ bracers when I can get them curse stuff for my fearsom robe yay :) I should look for a good set of dex bracers.
Boots: Gyro bootes - Fire boots from desert, Delving Boots if I get either maby FF if i have to swap the ring for con.
Gloves: Bramblecasters - 7 Fingered for usign heal/res scrolls when i cna get a pair BC's full tiem though.
Robe: Fearsome of Invunrability, also carry Heavy fort and a GTRfire/cold resist for the red named fights that dispell (red dragon/white dragon) and beacsue feasom doent work on red/purple bosses/undead, dethblock for beholders since they dont swign at me.
Weapons: Sup Pot 6 & Sup Fire lore, Sup Ice lore, Greenblade(banked atm untill I pick up distigrate at 15), Spell pen 7 - Dreamsplitter the one non book item I still want from SR.

Aspenor
08-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Im still not convinced that Ring of Shadows does anything while blur and displacement are up.

It doesn't. Anybody that thinks the Ring of Shadows stacks with blur or displacement is wrong.

wiglin
08-13-2007, 02:25 PM
I do not believe that any of the concealment bonuses stack, dodge is the only bonus that comes to mind that stacks. With every other bonus, it is the higher of the items that you use.

Just like -DR, you do not add all the -DR from different sources, you get the highest -DR. I would expect concealment to work the same way.

So

Displacement > Blue > Fog Spells > Ring of Shadows.

If you have displacement I believe that the rest are doing nothing for you.

Aspenor
08-13-2007, 02:26 PM
If you have displacement I believe that the rest are doing nothing for you.

QFT

I have been doubted on this for ages.

Jarlaxel
08-13-2007, 08:44 PM
Graal the developer has put the ring of shadows argument to rest.

That would be correct. I am currently in the process of adding to the descriptions of all of the miss chance items to indicate they are all forms of magical Concealment, only the best one applies.

Also why the golden greaves? is -3 to damage going to mean a whole lot when an elite Giant hold mob whacks you? I could be wrong...Y not just go for 30% striders...

Aspenor
08-14-2007, 06:12 AM
My boots are feather falling boots of Springing(+10). Springing stacks with the JUMP spell.

Ekental
08-14-2007, 06:58 AM
As others have noted, if you don't mind loosing 10 hp, you can:

Don:
-Reaver's Napkin
-Nightforge armbands
Lose:
-Spectacles of Spirit Sight
-Bracers

This leaves your belt open, maybe for something like.. a +6 con.

As noted again, you'll need a +6 cha ring as well.

Go for wizardry 7, hat or ring, swap for titan hat or cha 6 ring, whichever wiz 7 item you get first.

EDIT:
@Jarlaxel: You can cast haste, striding is irrelevant.